Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2017, 11:55   #14851
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

1. Ban 2 wheelers from BETL totally
2. Install ANPRS (Automated Number Plate Recognition System) cameras at Silk Board side to record entry times. Set up a Tirumala style 80 km/hr time interval for exit at E-City side. Put a hefty fine for non-compliance

It is common to see such systems in the UK especially where roadworks are on. They work superbly and all motorists are bound to follow the specified time else they face an automatic fine sent by post :-)
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 11:58   #14852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
1. Ban 2 wheelers from BETL totally
2. Install ANPRS (Automated Number Plate Recognition System) cameras at Silk Board side to record entry times. Set up a Tirumala style 80 km/hr time interval for exit at E-City side. Put a hefty fine for non-compliance
Average Speed cameras do work well, in UK.
However, fun seekers in India, will find workarounds for these as well.
Like for example, driving at break neck speed till the last kilometer, and then slowly down to 20-30Kmph for the last Km.
Old 26th October 2017, 12:12   #14853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Folks,
BETL has re-started issuing 2 way toll tickets for 2 wheelers again, this morning.
I believe the ban is revoked?
Thanks for the update. May be little resistance from 2-wheeler Riders made it back. I did see bikes lined up yesterday evening at EC Toll gate who were not ready to go back. Authorities might have given in.
Old 26th October 2017, 12:15   #14854
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Average Speed cameras do work well, in UK.
However, fun seekers in India, will find workarounds for these as well.
Like for example, driving at break neck speed till the last kilometer, and then slowly down to 20-30Kmph for the last Km.
True. If we Indians spent even 1/3rd of our brains on coming up with workable processes and rules, instead of spending time on how to beat the system , we would be developed country by now.

Seriously, maybe have a minimum speed too? But you are right, we need personal AND civic discipline, and common sense for such a system to work.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 11:46   #14855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Sometimes, the traffic police end up screwing up a rather stable system. Such is the case with Tin Factory junction. Now, on either sides, they are manually allowing the traffic from ORR and NH to alternatively move instead of the earlier system where traffic used to merge and interchange on its own. The result is that on Monday, to reach BYPL metro from my office I took one hour, which on an average would take only half that time. This was because traffic police were blocking and allowing each side to go alternatively. This led to a huge pileup beyond ITPL main road/ORR intersection and ruined the whole system there.
You are absolutely right.Crossing kr puram takes a long time now while coming from whitefield.I already tweeted the KRpuram traffic police on this issue but there is no response.
https://twitter.com/Hafeez_indian/st...86212894048256

Also , the strecth between Kalyan nagar and horamavu is blocked for Whitetopping of roads resulting in huge traffic during evening.this stretch was perfectly fine before.Is entire ORR going to be white topped?
Old 27th October 2017, 12:14   #14856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
You are absolutely right.Crossing kr puram takes a long time now while coming from whitefield.I already tweeted the KRpuram traffic police on this issue but there is no response.
https://twitter.com/Hafeez_indian/st...86212894048256

Also , the strecth between Kalyan nagar and horamavu is blocked for Whitetopping of roads resulting in huge traffic during evening.this stretch was perfectly fine before.Is entire ORR going to be white topped?
KR Puram Situation is here to stay. The Metro barricades have taken up 15 feet on both sides of the road and traffic police is regulating traffic resulting in the backlog

Kalyan Nagar white topping exercise is a pain. I read in the newspaper that ORR is slated to be White topped, As usual , the smart chaps started White topping on a perfectly good stretch of road

raghu
Old 29th October 2017, 15:09   #14857
Distinguished - BHPian

I had reported to the traffic police about the manual controlling in Tin factory Junction and wae surprised to see that it was scrapped from Friday at least when I passed through in the morning. Hopefully that should be the case tomorrow too
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 21:25   #14858
Senior - BHPian

Just saw a serial accident on NICE road just before electronic city toll. Traffic was piled up for a long distance. Towing service arrived while we passed the spot. A mini lorry, Alto, Zest(?), Duster. All the cars badly damaged.
Old 29th October 2017, 23:20   #14859
BHPian

A suburban railway network for Bengaluru on cards: Piyush Goyal

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...0.cms?from=mdr

Yet to see if this would materialize
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 10:01   #14860
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Had to visit someone near Yeshwanthpur yesterday (Sunday) and was planning a 2:30pm start. Got stuck with some work and ended up starting late but just before leaving I found that there was a program at Palace Grounds and the PM was going to be there, along with 60,000 people expected to attend the event!.
Checked traffic on gmaps and did not find anything alarming, so went ahead. It was smooth flowing traffic all the way till somewhere near Mekhri circle, lots of cops were there so it was managed well. Traffic eased out after Mekhri circle (I was apprehensive about the stretch after IISc junction having been stuck there many times in long jams) and it was easy to reach Yeshwanthpur.
Old 30th October 2017, 11:40   #14861
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
A suburban railway network for Bengaluru on cards: Piyush Goyal
Its the same old problem as per me. First they need to increase utilization of the current network.

The lines along ORR and the Hosur have enough potential to decongest the over all outer ring road. If they can implement that without breaking-up the city center, that would be a big plus. They can leave the city center traffic for the Metro. Sadly the ORR itself is not scaling-up to the rising population density which is mushrooming (or has already mushroomed) rapidly along its sides.

One obvious option is to develop/strengthen the local infrastructure around these suburbs and build upon the sub-urban railway between these points (Yelahanka, Hebbal, Thanisandra, Hennur, Horamavu, Kalyan Nagar, KR Puram, Doddanakundi, ISRO, Marathahalli, Belandur, Carmelaram, Sarjapur road). That should probably help bring down burden on the ORR.

PS: Easier said than done!

Last edited by ampere : 30th October 2017 at 11:43.
ampere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 15:54   #14862
Senior - BHPian

Today morning on my way to office noticed that white topping of the Hosur road (rrom Anepalya Junction to Forum Mall) has started.

Below picture of the work from the twitter account of BTP.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dnw9ktpvwai3o3w.jpg

Once in office checked and found that below roads are also earmarked for the work and it has infact started from yesterday itself.

1. Hosur Road (from Anepalya Junction to Forum Mall)
2. 20th Main Road, Koramangala (Ganesh Temple Road)
3. Outer Ring Road (from Guruguntepalya Metro Station to Yeshwanthpur Metro Station).

The work is going to complete by December 29 it seems (seems too long for completion of only these stretches). Hope the quality is atleast good.

Source from Hindu.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 30th October 2017 at 16:01.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 10:40   #14863
Senior - BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Heavy traffic on the Nice road. You will have major delays if travelling towards Tumkur road. BJP Parivarthan rally.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1509599392.927939.jpg

Attachment 1691730

Attachment 1691731

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 2nd November 2017 at 10:42.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 10:56   #14864
BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

The BTP (Bangalore Traffic Police) drive on shrill horns and number plate were active for quite some time now.

Now the question is on shrill horn. What is considered as shrill horn? I was under the impression it is electro pneumatic horns.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1509600256.386655.jpg

Looking at the image they even charge electro magnetic one, looks like a trumpet horn to me.
Now I'm worried, my VW comes with a one fitted at factory.
So are they looking at decibels?

Cheers!
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:53   #14865
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like BTP is starting up another fine collection campaign. There was a lull for couple of months I felt, now almost daily seeing updates on 'shrill horn' and 'illegal number plate' on social media from them.

Today morning they were stopping two wheelers near Kadubeesinahalli underpass. Some of those I felt was for violation of helmet rule. However, there were some who were having proper helmets, not sure why they were stopped.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed