Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2009, 11:35   #481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Sam_boy, as Ajmat has mentioned, this is how others as well also go ahead with having their vehicles enter onto the road.

Perhaps you havent been to Electronic City in the mornings and evenings. A certain Indian IT company also has the whole world waiting while their buses spill onto the roads or even as they enter the bus parking area.

While waiting in my car, I also sit and fume... but come to think of it, how else will the buses be able to enter onto the road? Surely, they cant fly?!
So, just because others are doing it also, it is fine? Hmmm.... maybe tomorrow i will drive on the wrong side of the road, jump a traffic light and maybe run down a pedestrian or two! Why? Because others have been doing it for ages!!

How else will buses be able to come onto the road?
1. Look for an open wide stretch of road near the premises, where buses can be parked without obstructing traffic and without the buses having to cross the road. Employees will have to walk a bit, but the company can call it their Employee Health Plan.
2. If 1 is not possible, then control the flow of buses onto the main road and not the other way round. Its just plain arrogance to stop all traffic on a public road for your own convenience. An IT company should have this much sense.
Old 7th February 2009, 11:36   #482
Senior - BHPian

yesterday on BTM road thier was a bad traffic pile up, so since i had to go towards the banarghtta road i tool a left the one before the bus stop, i had a bad time as the traffic coming towards the BTM had blocked the road... the culprits were the software dude(they looked like with lapys and tags) on the motor bikes and they had blocked the entire road as if it was a 1 way!

So i suggest people not to use this road in the peak hours esp people in cars will have a bad time! and lots of scratches/dents
Old 7th February 2009, 11:40   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
yesterday on BTM road thier was a bad traffic pile up, so since i had to go towards the banarghtta road i tool a left the one before the bus stop, i had a bad time as the traffic coming towards the BTM had blocked the road... the culprits were the software dude(they looked like with lapys and tags) on the motor bikes and they had blocked the entire road as if it was a 1 way!
Happens every day there. Sometimes even cabs do this. What is pathetic is that the traffic cops standing there actually let such morons go first as they are blocking the traffic. Elsewhere, specially in Chandigarh/Delhi, they would have got some serious stick from thullas.
Old 7th February 2009, 13:04   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
[Well I am a passer by and how do you think I can get access to their HR or Admin guys ...
Some one should forward this thread to them.
Alternatively write to a newspaper - this is the sort of thing they love to publish in their citizens' complaint/city watch pages.[/quote]

I agree with this approach of writing to a newspaper. Atleast, the general public will know the menace created by these IT gaints.

In Electronic City, we have the brave 100s of buses lined up each morning between 8-8.30am belonging to the two big bullies of EC. There are traffic cops these days, just standing mutely and watching! These buses (esp. the pvt ones) act as if they are the owners of the roads around there :(
Old 8th February 2009, 20:22   #485
BANNED

Opposite Safina Plaza, 17:15 pm on Saturday.

Coming down the one way i see a moron on a samurai without looking back taking a u-turn right in the middle of the road, starts on the extreme left and with one leg down, film actor ishtyle with a building construction safety helmet on. I am crawling because of the traffic and our hero completes his turn to get his front wheel stuck below by front left tyre.

For a moment our hero makes a small face and asks me to stop with a hand signal so he can pull out his bike. I say wrong side, you are going up the wrong way - hand signals. By then the traffic has started piling up behind.

Then it happens one bekar, good for nothing, looking for some timepass mentions to our hero - "Saar, hindi something" and points to me. The hero breaks his shackles becomes bold and starts giving me gyaan. I was expecting this - 5 years in Bangalore i have learned what happens when a non localite comes up in front of a localite.

Thats it like a trigger our hero walks upto my window and asks me to pull it down - "In this heat am i crazy? and talk to a third rate person like you sorry." I look at him smile, say some nice hindi bad words with the most pleasant face and ask him to well move off. He cant hear me

He like the hero walks as if he has conquered the world picks up his bike, gives me a stare again and rides across the front of my car bang into a Wagon R who hasnt seen him because of my Bolero. Our hero is sprawled on the road with his dignity and his face in the ground. He gets up and the first thing he does it looks at me. I roll down the window laugh at him and drive off. The Wagon R owner was a localite.

Last edited by Spitfire : 8th February 2009 at 20:25.
Old 8th February 2009, 20:26   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
"In this heat am i crazy? and talk to a third rate person like you sorry." I look at him smile, say some nice hindi bad words with the most pleasant face and ask him to well move off. He cant hear me

He like the hero walks as if he has conquered the world picks up his bike, gives me a stare again and rides across the front of my car bang into a Wagon R who hasnt seen him because of my Bolero. Our hero is sprawled on the road with his dignity and his face in the ground. He gets up and the first thing he does it looks at me. I roll down the window laugh at him and drive off. The Wagon R owner was a localite.
x 100 times!!
There is a God after all serving justice occasionally!
Old 8th February 2009, 20:40   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
There is a God after all serving justice occasionally!

Indeed! This is the almost mythical God of small things, I think!
Delightful incident!
Old 8th February 2009, 20:52   #488
Senior - BHPian

SpitFire,

That was one big drama over there!

Some beings will never learn unless learn't the hard way!
Old 8th February 2009, 22:31   #489
Senior - BHPian

Ah! That was something I really felt nice about after reading your post "spitfire". You made my day..
Old 9th February 2009, 01:21   #490
Senior - BHPian

i would suggest buy that learn Kannada in 30 days book and be prepared for goons like these
Old 9th February 2009, 10:32   #491
BANNED

I do understand Kannada and do talk a bit. I am not fluent enough and the accent sucks. In such situations i mostly end up talking in hindi or english, forgetting to speak the little Kannada i know.
Old 9th February 2009, 20:53   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I do understand Kannada and do talk a bit. I am not fluent enough and the accent sucks. In such situations i mostly end up talking in hindi or english, forgetting to speak the little Kannada i know.
Good to hear something good after a hectic drive today ...
Old 9th February 2009, 22:16   #493
BHPian

My Recent Exp

My last week exp:

1. I was going toward Madivala market from Koramangala. Near the new Signal @ Starting of Madival I got my Signal. Now no vehiclefrom the Opposite side want to stop. So that we can join/cross the road. As if their signal is still open. What type of punishment they should geet ?

2. Friday evening Going toward Marathhalli in Airport Road. Saw a biker Coming from opposite side in a Cross. he wanted to crooss the road. I just removed my leg from the Acc as I was expecting these Biker. Though I was very near of the Cross still this man crossed with out seeing left and right. Just I had to Break real hard. Dont know what they think.
Old 9th February 2009, 23:03   #494
Senior - BHPian

Only thing what you can think of is getting a powerful horn and get the ear drum out of such maniacs, if not, atleast scare the life out of them. In Bangalore, everyday driving is still a 'Learner's driving'. Bikers find their own rules each day. Cops ignore rikshaw wallas, Cabs, BTS buses and infact they are scared of these groups. If you speak any other language than Kannada, you are in more trouble on the road for sure. Infact, most of these facts are true in any indian cities.
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:02   #495

Read this today in the Hindu: The Hindu : Karnataka / Bangalore News : He knows there’s no need to speed.
I have also come across a few BMTC drivers who are considerate to others like not blocking/cutting others, showing hand signals.

Most Viewed