Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2009, 10:46   #601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajsh View Post

we should do something for the environment, its of grave concern for us right now, traffic needs to be reduced
Well my friend am afraid the authorities are least bothered about it...hundreds of tress have been cut but i dont see new once being planted...

The only way is we citizens should take initiative and do something...
Old 20th April 2009, 11:38   #602
BANNED

Well, you definitely cannot bring back the Bangalore of 20 years ago. A lot of the current traffic problems can be solved by discipline (lane etc.) plus strict enforcment by the police.
Old 20th April 2009, 15:28   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
LOL. I can still see some people living with 2 decade old thinking in a metro called Bengaluru. Its a metro because thats what my HRA deduction says.
Am I a lucky guy here. My HR says it is not a Metro. They say only Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai are metros.
Old 20th April 2009, 15:53   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Am I a lucky guy here. My HR says it is not a Metro. They say only Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai are metros.
2nd tier metro yaar.
Old 20th April 2009, 16:00   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Well, you definitely cannot bring back the Bangalore of 20 years ago. A lot of the current traffic problems can be solved by discipline (lane etc.) plus strict enforcment by the police.
Add car pooling too to your post. It will save lot of vehicles plying on road (les traffic jams) as well as fuel which is being wasted.
Old 20th April 2009, 16:28   #606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well well, that WAS the major mistake, people created opportunities and there was this parasitic influx, else we were very much happy with whatever there was.
LOL. You were, not others. You cannot decide other's destiny my friend. And somewhere you mean to say that you do not care about the opportunities? Alot of other people surely do!!

And parasitic influx? Once upon a time, your ancestors (as mine and everyone else's) were parasitic influx for some urban center. The commonly accepted nomenclature for that is called trade and mobility.
Old 21st April 2009, 08:28   #607
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : WATCH the tone. Personal attacks on fellow members are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to clearly read our rules prior to proceeding any further

Last edited by GTO : 22nd April 2009 at 12:39.
gajsh is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st April 2009, 10:46   #608
BANNED

Quote:
So I think you are right, I will let it be.
Thank you.

Regards
Spitfire
Old 21st April 2009, 10:52   #609
Senior - BHPian

gajsh i don't think here city is to be blamed but the people, so increase in population and more of mess and more rant

This morning on my way to office saw a guy driving his esteem middle of the road enjoying his smoke and using the entire world outside of is to throw ash, or ashtray!

He might be a local or not but for sure he is insensitive/careless/ irresponsible and people like these are making this city bad!

btw have heard from people that Pune and Hyderabad is equally bad ?? this is from people who live there... no thread like this for those city might be they are better
Old 21st April 2009, 11:27   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
btw have heard from people that Pune and Hyderabad is equally bad ?? this is from people who live there... no thread like this for those city might be they are better
Main reason could be more online presence from Bangalore than Hyderabad and Pune combined.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...your-city.html

In spite of that, see this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...c-customs.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...nals-pune.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...une-roads.html
Old 21st April 2009, 14:21   #611
BHPian

Changing Title of this Thread

Is there a way to change the title of this thread?

Also, can we place this in the home page ? - seems like it's worth it!

Old 21st April 2009, 14:24   #612
BANNED

Deleted. I was hit by a bolt of commonsense that originated from Singapore. Thanks HappyWheels

Last edited by Spitfire : 21st April 2009 at 14:28.
Old 27th April 2009, 11:49   #613
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday morning at around 7 AM I was was travelling from Forum Mall to the HAL Airport.
I saw the signal turn red from quite a distance near Spar hypermarket/Life style chowk.
I also noticed Gov buses, bikes, travel cars, private cars jump the signal with no sense of responsibility at all.
I stood my ground and decided to stay put at the red.
Those 2 minutes, I had my heart in my mouth. Sumos, WagonRs zooming past me. One of the cars nearly hit me. I was scared of being hit from behind.
I saw atleast 2 incidents of a close shave between a rick and a motor bike.
The moment it turned green, I shifted my 180 cc to first and sped, rather fled the scene.
Then too a guy on an enfield broke his signal and was on my part of the road.
Seriously, if you ask me, I should have jumped the red too and not played with my life.
The only consolation is seeing me there were a few vehicles who cared to stop or atleast slow down. Come on, Sunday morning whats the hurry?!!
Old 27th April 2009, 11:57   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Yesterday morning at around 7 AM I was was travelling from Forum Mall to the HAL Airport.
I saw the signal turn red from quite a distance near Spar hypermarket/Life style chowk.
I also noticed Gov buses, bikes, travel cars, private cars jump the signal with no sense of responsibility at all.
I stood my ground and decided to stay put at the red.
Those 2 minutes, I had my heart in my mouth. Sumos, WagonRs zooming past me. One of the cars nearly hit me. I was scared of being hit from behind.
I saw atleast 2 incidents of a close shave between a rick and a motor bike.
The moment it turned green, I shifted my 180 cc to first and sped, rather fled the scene.
Then too a guy on an enfield broke his signal and was on my part of the road.
Seriously, if you ask me, I should have jumped the red too and not played with my life.
The only consolation is seeing me there were a few vehicles who cared to stop or atleast slow down. Come on, Sunday morning whats the hurry?!!
I know I am in that scary situation everyday at multiple signals. Vehicles (large and small) zooming by and barely missing my car. Vehicles stuck behind me honking like hell. I have even had bus drivers threaten me to move out of their way on a red signal. Pathetic!!
If adhering to the rules means risking your life and your beloved car/bike, I am not sure where we are headed. People are going to break signals due to fear of being rammed into.
Old 27th April 2009, 12:03   #615
Senior - BHPian

Hehe. Dont you guys know that the traffic in Bangalore stops at a red light only if and when traffic from other side starts moving?
By the way, today for the first time i saw Traffic Police challan'ing people for crossing the alleged white line at St John's intersection. Was pleasantly surprised, even if its a month end routine.

Most Viewed