Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2009, 21:38   #661
Senior - BHPian

yes dude i am, what can 1 ee just out of a long signal and immediately after signal the bust stops to pick people up on the middle of the road and this ads to the pile up behind with sec's traffic from other direction gets the green and there we have a perfect chaos

all thanks to a moron who came up with the idea....grrrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
bust stops?? dude..you are really angry eh.

I've only gone ahead of them and blocked them off to make them understand how it feels to be blocked coz of negligence.
Old 9th June 2009, 00:08   #662
BHPian

i was in the fast lane doing 80kmph in the city (bangerghatta road) and an auto is coming at me. Now there is no way this guy can go on the opposite side as the divider is 2-3 feet high. It seems there was a traffic jam up ahead so he takes a u-turn and heads back in the opp direction in the fastest lane towards oncoming traffic (looking for the next cut in the divider to crossover which is 1km away) Over that he has the audacity to use his high beam to get me to move I stuck to my lane and so did all the other traffic and finally he had to cross 4 lanes and goto slow lane (still headed towards oncoming traffic!!). Incidentally there was a passenger along with the driver in the auto and both of them were laughing and enjoying the whole thing!!
Now for a moment i thought i will use the method mentioned above and give the auto waalah 50 rs for the fuel he was trying to save by doing this, but then i realised he is an auto waalah, he will gladly take it and keep towards oncoming traffic No way you can teach such jokers!!

Last edited by jassi : 9th June 2009 at 00:10.
Old 9th June 2009, 00:23   #663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
iNow for a moment i thought i will use the method mentioned above and give the auto waalah 50 rs for the fuel he was trying to save by doing this, but then i realised he is an auto waalah, he will gladly take it and keep towards oncoming traffic No way you can teach such jokers!!
That would be a real waste of your hard earned money. No point wasting it on these morons.
I wish the auto driver got caught for doing this, and endangering the lives of innocent people. Much better, I wish someone stopped the auto driver and beat the day lights out of him!
Old 12th June 2009, 10:14   #664
Senior - BHPian

Check this excellent-traffic-friendly drivers

After hours of wait for those vehicles taking right turn to the ITPL from COSMOS road, I crossed them and got into this.

There is literally no space for this bus driver to go, but he want to merge into the traffic. That too, when the other side traffic is on red signal.

He blocked the entire road by keeping his bus across the road. The thing pissed of more was, he had space behind him to take reverse, which he don't want to do. . And later after 3 or 4 min, it was too late.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img00358.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img00359.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img00360.jpg
Old 12th June 2009, 10:18   #665
Team-BHP Support

Mahesh, private buses plying along that route are among the most arrogant i have seen around. Each one competes against the other for passengers,and at times i have even seen them take on the BMTC buses, blocking them or racing against them in order to capture passengers. The senseless cops stand and watch the mayhem.
Old 12th June 2009, 10:51   #666
Senior - BHPian

This is my confession for the day. I drove like a man possessed today for no apparent reason. Tailgated a scorpio till he gave way (thanks if u r reading this), pushed a few bikers here n there, yelled at a cabbie driving in the middle of the road talking on cellphone, cut across a maroon wagonR from left when he didnt give way from right, overtook an innova with a banged up back with tbhp sticker on it in a narrow JP Ngr lane, and must have scared countless people by driving up real close and blasting my horn.
So there. If anyone wants to rant about a silver colored OHC with dark tints spoiling their morning, you know where to let ur rant out.
Old 12th June 2009, 11:01   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Mahesh, private buses plying along that route are among the most arrogant i have seen around. Each one competes against the other for passengers,and at times i have even seen them take on the BMTC buses, blocking them or racing against them in order to capture passengers. The senseless cops stand and watch the mayhem.
Wanna see what cops do?
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img00357.jpg

Watch out the sumo which is blocking the other side of the road. You can see cops with bike just behind him. Did the sumo driver cared for them? I doubt...
Old 12th June 2009, 11:04   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i was in the fast lane doing 80kmph in the city (bangerghatta road) and an auto is coming at me.
Sirji 80 Kmph on Bannerghatta road is not a nice thing to do.
Ya, I know it is fun , butttt, there are plenty of things
that can spoil the fun, namely:
Stray dogs,
Road crossers
Unmarked brakers (you must be knowing each one of em by now).
Dangerously manuvering cabbies and rickshaw drivers.
Evolving potholes,
Konked trucks in the middle of the road with no indicators/indication
Lastly, bus drivers.

Be safe.
Old 12th June 2009, 11:12   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Sirji 80 Kmph on Bannerghatta road is not a nice thing to do.
Ya, I know it is fun , butttt, there are plenty of things
that can spoil the fun, namely:
Stray dogs,
Road crossers
Unmarked brakers (you must be knowing each one of em by now).
Dangerously manuvering cabbies and rickshaw drivers.
Evolving potholes,
Konked trucks in the middle of the road with no indicators/indication
Lastly, bus drivers.

Be safe.
Agreed, I would never do that on banergatta main road (eg. jal vayu vihar, accenture office, subraminium arcade, etc), however this was on that underpass (below bridge/flyover). I hit 80 at these 2 places only i.e. before accenture and before shoppers stop. If its nice an empty you easily touch 80 and enjoy the FFE once in the small tunnel and i had an auto coming wrong way under the tunnel in the fastest lane
Old 12th June 2009, 11:41   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed, I would never do that on banergatta main road (eg. jal vayu vihar, accenture office, subraminium arcade, etc),
I think you meant 'Jal Bhavan'
'Jal Vayu Vihar' is in Kalyan nagar/HBR layout.
Old 12th June 2009, 11:46   #671
BHPian

Times I lost my cool on Bannerghatta Road

And thats quite a few.Specially near Adugodi junction where the auto/bike folks come in the wrong lane.The one thing i hate the most is people not following traffic rules.
U can bully the bikes out, but what can u do to the autos?

well, on a not so good day, I had enough.Saw a auto coming the wrong way near the marble place on the fast lane.I dipped him then showed indicator.Finally, when he still dint budge, went really close and banged the side windscreen with my heavy gloved hand.Guess he learnt a lesson.I wish I had broken the glass!

Another ocassion.Almost same place.
The opposite lane is choc-a-bloc with traffic. As regulars might be aware, there are no dividers at a small streach before Adugodi jn.I was going towards Bannerghatta when a biker suddenly emerged between 2 cars and and rammed my rear wheel.I lost it. Dropped my bike.Chased the guy on foot.Threw his ride and gave him some piece of old fashioned lesson.The worst part was, even the cars were already hogging my lane and he was already almost into the leftmost lane!!

When will these people learn? As is jaywalking is not enough now that we have jayriding!
Old 12th June 2009, 12:07   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
I think you meant 'Jal Bhavan'
'Jal Vayu Vihar' is in Kalyan nagar/HBR layout.
oopsie - yeah i meant jal bhavan building opposite subramanya arcade (ibm, cisco, emc office)
Old 12th June 2009, 12:11   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Specially near Adugodi junction
This junction is quite a pain. Even the signal.
It was 7 AM and the signal was red and I had to take a right.
Like a law abiding citizen and waited for the signal to go green.
Since I stopped, another car behind me stopped too.
Then comes a chicken carrier, the Eicher truck, and
starts honking like mad. Though the traffic was scarse,
I did not want to jump the signal.
Then the worst, the car behind me too starts with his
symphony. With two vehicles in orchestra I move ahead,
almost right in the middle of the junction. The car, overtakes me
from the left and jumps the signal, and then the truck too
jumps the red from the left. Thank Allah, I do not understand
much of the expletives in Kannada. But it was a harrowing experience.
All this for being law abiding. I don't know how many commuters
have thrown that phrase in the bin with such experiences.

Solution is simple. Have a yellow flashing light till 7:30am and then
the regular red yellow and green after that. But whom to suggest
and most importantly who will listen.
Old 12th June 2009, 15:31   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
This junction is quite a pain. Even the signal.
Oh yes!! Guess we belong to the same school of thought.
I HATE people who honk!!
Only difference, if any one dares to do that to me, they generally dont appreciate the scowl from a fully kitted guy on a loud Enfield

Guess, everybody does make way for a Bullet
Old 12th June 2009, 15:50   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
This is my confession for the day. I drove like a man possessed today for no apparent reason. Tailgated a scorpio till he gave way (thanks if u r reading this), pushed a few bikers here n there, yelled at a cabbie driving in the middle of the road talking on cellphone, cut across a maroon wagonR from left when he didnt give way from right, overtook an innova with a banged up back with tbhp sticker on it in a narrow JP Ngr lane, and must have scared countless people by driving up real close and blasting my horn.
So there. If anyone wants to rant about a silver colored OHC with dark tints spoiling their morning, you know where to let ur rant out.
Huh, Amitoj, let me know beforehand if you are in such a mood, I'll either avoid the road or block the road till you calm down he he..

Most Viewed