Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 17:05   #736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
I can add one or two more, but you have summed it up nicely
A city of potholed roads interspersed with speed breakers.
A city where traffic is not regulated by traffic lights (the ones erected in front of BB OMR is an exmple)
And a city of single owner/chauffeur driven cars driving around happily rather than trying for some car-pooling . Just see the number of vehicles which are single driver driven cars in the city.
No offense to anyone.

Tejas
Old 12th August 2009, 17:08   #737
BHPian

wow, what a road sense, i wonder how people can think "out of box" like this, thank god i dont stay inside bangalore city. I just cant imagine riding / drivingn like this on bangalore roads everyday.
Old 12th August 2009, 17:15   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
wow, what a road sense, i wonder how people can think "out of box" like this, thank god i dont stay inside bangalore city. I just cant imagine riding / drivingn like this on bangalore roads everyday.
Was it directed towards me?
Old 12th August 2009, 17:20   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
Was it directed towards me?
I think it was directed towards my post in last page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
This can happen ONLY in BANGALORE.

Let me explain.
Old 12th August 2009, 17:29   #740
BHPian

Quote:
yes, it was directed towards those "brainless" cabbies and others who were trying to be very smart by driving on the other side of the lane. Certainly no offenses to you sir.
Old 12th August 2009, 17:31   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I couldn't relate to it..
I used to work in Tata Elxsi near Hoody and see this happening quite often! Especially the private company bus drivers are the masters of changing the lanes even when there's a divider! I remember, I had blasted one driver for doing so in which I was traveling (It was my company bus)..
Two wheelers are the best in Bangalore but again there are so many people with such a road rage that most of the footpaths are full of them rather than the pedestrians! I can't get a road rage thanks to my RE.
Old 12th August 2009, 21:24   #742
BHPian

Let me share my grief ...:(

I was returning home from office @ 8 Pm and it was raining .. From my office to go to the main road there is a narrow road and it was totally jammed on the left side .. When I got a chance to move to the main road, I saw one car in the right lane hurriedly taking a turn to go to the main road and while doing so, scratched my bumper ( its a big one and very noticeable ) ...

I lost my cool .. I chased him through the traffic .. The rain got heavier . I was honking @ him and flashing lights and finally when I reached closer I called him to stop too .. But he did not stop .. This is the road from ITPL towards Kundanahalli .. When I almost gave up I saw him getting into the BEML layout .. I said this is the chance and I too got into the layout and was able to stop my car infront of him ...

Before I gave him a mouthfull I told him to come out of the car .. Till that time I did not know the extent of damage .. I checked out and my anger got multiplied by an infinity .. He came out of the car and said a simple sorry, when I was about to explode I saw his id card .. He is some one from my office .. so I controlled myself ( I dont know how and still wondering why .???)

I just told him sir why do you do this ??? What is the reason to be in such a hurry and also to be careful when overtaking ... Came back home with a sad and stupid feeling .... Still feeling low when I see my car with such a big scratch on the right side of the bumper ..

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th August 2009 at 13:57. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Old 12th August 2009, 21:54   #743
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear that sam boy. Educated morons are the worst curse to bangalore traffic.
Old 12th August 2009, 22:06   #744
Senior - BHPian

sam boy,just because the guy's from your office doesn't mean you've got to back off and not correct the person, or get your compensation for the damage.Thats my opinion.
I wouldn't care if it the owner of the company I worked for,who damaged my car. A mistake is a mistake,and apart from an apology the right procedure has to be followed.
If i were you,I'd ask him to foot the bill for all the repairs!
Old 13th August 2009, 10:15   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Sad to hear that sam boy. Educated morons are the worst curse to bangalore traffic.
Very very true!
Old 13th August 2009, 11:06   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
sam boy,just because the guy's from your office doesn't mean you've got to back off and not correct the person, or get your compensation for the damage.Thats my opinion.
I wouldn't care if it the owner of the company I worked for,who damaged my car. A mistake is a mistake,and apart from an apology the right procedure has to be followed.
If i were you,I'd ask him to foot the bill for all the repairs!
+1

Doesn't matter if he is from your company, he committed the blunder, he should pay for it!
Old 13th August 2009, 11:14   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post

I was returning home from office @ 8 Pm and it was raining ..
I have never understood this and I have given up. There is always a sense of urgency amongst road users when it is about to rain or raining. The chaos is out there to see for everyone of us.
In this case what is the hurry if one is just returning home. Its not as if you are getting late or something. Its just home. Its understood that you might get late 'on you way to work' but, while returning we should relax, listen to some light cheerful music or some soothing lecture by a Godman, or something like that. Let the hurrying bit be with the cabbies alone.
Old 13th August 2009, 11:15   #748
BHPian

+2

Try catching him today in office (assuming this happened yesterday evening).
Old 13th August 2009, 11:17   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I have never understood this and I have given up. There is always a sense of urgency amongst road users when it is about to rain or raining. The chaos is out there to see for everyone of us.
In this case what is the hurry if one is just returning home. Its not as if you are getting late or something. Its just home. Its understood that you might get late 'on you way to work' but, while returning we should relax, listen to some light cheerful music or some soothing lecture by a Godman, or something like that. Let the hurrying bit be with the cabbies alone.
Maybe because a short downpour turns Bangalore roads into rivers

But still, this is especially true for two wheelers. Ever noticed how they seem to get possessed as soon as a raindrop falls on their helmet?
Old 13th August 2009, 11:18   #750
Senior - BHPian

Probably take out a printout of this page and stick it to his windshield to show what people think of his dastardly act.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks