Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2009, 14:41   #796
BHPian

Spitfire: my wife was a critic of my behavior too; when ever I see some issue on the road I would literally get out of the car or scream at these cabbies and Rick drivers and she never used to appreciate me taking on those guys.

She always used to question me on, how many people can you alone set right; I introduced her to this link and the rest is history.

I have asked her to check this link and she has Thanked all TBHPians for appreciating her act on her Face Book status today and hopes that more people come ahead to stop these maniacs.

Last edited by Hurrycane12 : 21st August 2009 at 14:48.
Old 21st August 2009, 15:35   #797
Senior - BHPian

WOw "Hurrcane" that was a very "brave" act by your wife! i must say people like her can bring a change... by the attitude of the coop its very evident do wrong and get away.

If atleast 50% of the people where like her am sure this country would have been much better place to live in
Old 21st August 2009, 15:41   #798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
If atleast 50% of the people where like her am sure this country would have been much better place to live in
+1

We should stand up & protest whenever we see such wrong acts commited on the roads & elsewhere!
We maybe a minority, but that shouldn't deter us, at the sametime we should be careful of our well being too.
Old 21st August 2009, 15:54   #799
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
I am upset the way cops behave in Bangalore they are insensitive towards everything.
Bangalore Police is timid when to comes to handling traffic offenders. So bad guys don't fear - good guys don't have faith.
Old 21st August 2009, 16:01   #800
Senior - BHPian

Hurrycane, i salute your wife.
Any idea which company's cab it was?
Old 21st August 2009, 16:41   #801
BHPian

Hurrycane, Hats off to your wife. But as Spitfire mentioned, tell her to be a little more cautious. I have had an opportunity to interact with the Madiwala cops.They are primarily interested in collecting money from TN regn vehicles and wearing bangles.So, it wasnt a surprise.

I was driving down to the airport today morning to drop my mom off.It was 5.30 am.New Airport Road(Also known as BB Road/NH7). In front of Jakkur aerodrome, a cabbie happily puttered along in the fast lane at 50kmph.Howmuchsoever I dip & later honk, he wouldnt budge from the lane!! Grumbling, I overtake from the slower lane.

Reached ITC factory.Another learned gentleman driving a GA regn Red Zen.Same old story. Hog the fast lane.Doesnt care to change lane.Doesnt care to move away.I keep dipping & honking but to absolutely no response.Finally there's a guy riding a cycle on the fast lane.Our gentleman, puts his indicator on, moves to the left (now hogging the marker which separates the 60kph & 80kph lane), overtakes the cycle and goes back to his old position!

Cabbies are illiterate but what about this!!

Can I attach 'Ben-Hur' style tire-shredders to my wheels?
Old 21st August 2009, 16:55   #802
Senior - BHPian

aqualeo, its a usual story everywhere and most of the times its so called "learned" type of people who break the rules...
Old 21st August 2009, 17:04   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
My Wifey faced this Music on Tuesday.
I told her she was very brave and appreciate what she did. I am upset the way cops behave in Bangalore they are insensitive towards everything. Unless a life is sniffed or there are major injuries they dont do anything.
Man! Your wife is too brave. Hats off to her. She should be give the bravery award. I have seen that there's no point shouting at them because in kannada "naai baala donku" (Kutte ki dum kabhi seedhi nahi ho sakti) applies to them aptly.
Old 21st August 2009, 18:33   #804
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
...puts his indicator on, moves to the left (now hogging the marker which separates the 60kph & 80kph lane), overtakes the cycle and goes back to his old position!

Cabbies are illiterate but what about this!!

Can I attach 'Ben-Hur' style tire-shredders to my wheels?
Bangalore - Mysore Road will help you count more of this bunch of morons. Educated by books and deceived by looks but behaving like crooks almost encroaching the fast lane(and driving while sleeping).

When you honk and ask way to overtake, they'll put the left indicator to "signal" you to overtake them from left. Dare you not guess that the genius would move left.

After over-taking wrongly, you give a stare at them or bother to inform them about their (il)literacy, they will proudly mention that they signalled us to overtake from left

In the city one can digest this with the number of breaks in the medians and bus stops but what for on a darn highway?
Old 21st August 2009, 18:42   #805
BHPian

Thanks Guys for your support:

I have told her to be careful while repeating her performance also will get a pepper spray this weekend for her so she is well equipped, if situations go out of hand.

She anyways carry a Moov spray in the glove box of the bike. Even the other day she was cautious and ensured that she kept her wallet & cell in the glove box, then carried the spary in her pocket, removed the keys from the bike and went for the showdown.
Old 21st August 2009, 19:29   #806
Senior - BHPian

the bangalore police have got a unique way of telling the after effects of drunken driving. The placard on the rear says " my driver was drunk" and this car is displayed in various high visibility spots in bangalore.
for now, its on the cauvery theatre junction.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-image_018.jpg  

Last edited by 14000rpm : 21st August 2009 at 19:31.
Old 27th August 2009, 19:35   #807
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the most disgusting scene this evening on the way back home from office.
There was a Ganpati procession and a Santro guy said something or something happened between the procession and the Santro guy and he got mobbed by the crowd. People followed him to the car as he got in and the entire procession left the celebrations and surrounded him while he was still in the car. I'm not sure what happened after that as I had to leave dur to incessant honking from a Omni guy from behind. Hope everything is sorted out peacefully. Whats more, guys from opposite the street were seen crossing the road to join the action. Hope the Santro guy is fine.
Old 27th August 2009, 20:08   #808
Team-BHP Support

Last Friday - E-city. I needed to visit the large offices of Bangalore Chief Toilet Cleaner to hear his now No 2 speak. For a 50000 people campus. Visitor parking was only 15 cars as no cars are allowed on campus.

5 spaces reserved for the CISF vehicle. Where is that parked - on the other side. Waited, was told to move on. Nearest space was a KM away. Road around was barracaded. Drove for a KM but impending rain made it not a good idea. Turned back and drove up and down, u-turning and exchanging dirty looks with the CISF. The security/ traffic guys just feigned helplessness. Some other associate in same position. We then get a message to park around the back. Finally do that.

What a waste of 30 min. All of us were mad. Anyway, God's largest cleanest toilet bowl is bristling with CISF guys on bikes, golf carts, Bolero's Pikups.

Some statement

Noted getting out of EC would be a big issue withj restricted exists. I made polite noises about a another meeting and left before the log jam would happen
Old 27th August 2009, 23:03   #809
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
There was a Ganpati procession and a Santro guy said something or something happened between the procession and the Santro guy and he got mobbed by the crowd.
If the Santro guy had an IQ of atleast 30 he would have seen it coming. Maybe along with DL test (done for the interest of smooth traffic flow) even IQ test must be administered, in the interest of driver safety.
Old 28th August 2009, 07:28   #810
Senior - BHPian

Agree with Diabloo...

Mob mentality...when people gather in huge numbers no matter for what purpose, they can be dangerous. so last thing one can think of doing is "agitating" them!

1+ year back faced similar scenario but luckily dint put myself into trouble was passing by Kasargod and found a big group of people (guess were going back home after prayer) they had covered the entire road as they walked..rode(cycle, bikes) had to wait till they made space by themselves, dint want to honk and also kept my throttle in control as my car was loud(ffe)... as i found the space i shot off and the moment they heard the loud roar some of them shouted and couple on there bikes tried to follow but OHC on a open hiway is a rocket

Most Viewed