Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2009, 09:38   #1171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
2: The crazy risks that our cops take for very little compensation
It is a part of their duty to stop such guys. They do it abroad even. Now if a fellon is not going to stop then cops & people around are going to get hurt.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:49   #1172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
It is a part of their duty to stop such guys.
Agreed, but not by jumping infront of rashly driven vehicle & risking your life!

The traffic cops anyway carry walkie-talkie, he could have alerted the cop at the next junction to stop this bike fella.

I have one suggestion, traffic cops should carry a small revolver, if anyone tries to flee, just shoot at their tyres flat, he will be forced to stop.
Old 11th December 2009, 12:40   #1173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Agreed, but not by jumping infront of rashly driven vehicle & risking your life!
General public do stop to cops calls and stunts pulled every now and then. Its a matter of 50 Rs mostly. Who wants to be pulled to court for every petty thing right ? This one seemed more determined thats it.
Quote:
I have one suggestion, traffic cops should carry a small revolver, if anyone tries to flee, just shoot at their tyres flat, he will be forced to stop.
They run the risk of the bullets being ricoshet to other innocent people on the road. Even if the cop is on target we run the risk of that guy being spilled all over the road creating screeches and burnt rubber or the ultimate :(

Last edited by prince_pervez : 11th December 2009 at 12:41.
Old 11th December 2009, 14:30   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I was caught on residency road and brigade road junction for jumping a red light last saturday.

It was saturday rush and the traffic was piled up. I crossed the light when it was green but couldn't clear the intersection as the traffic in front of me was not clear.
A few months back (may be a year?) or so they have painted yellow squares (called Boxes) at the intersections in Bangalore. I have asked lots of drivers about this. None had any clue what it means. I had been working in the Middle East and there they have this Squares at the intersections. You are not supposed to enter these yellow boxes even if your signal light is "Green" unless the exit is clear of any traffic. Entering these boxes when the exit is blocked and getting stuck there when the other sides light becomes "Green" invites heavy fine and endorsement in your driving licence.
May be Bangalore Traffic Police wanted to inplement this system here but never progressed beyond marking these squares at the Intersections.

Last edited by sudharma : 11th December 2009 at 14:32. Reason: Spelling Correction
Old 11th December 2009, 15:03   #1175
Senior - BHPian

Painted yellow squares means No Stopping zone, vehicles are not supposed to stop on those marked area, at all times.
Old 18th December 2009, 11:01   #1176
BHPian

BannerGhatta Road again in mess due to a Auto gas filling station named Ageis. If you coming from Sagar Apolo, just after Chicken county there is a newly opened Gas filling station, so all the autos now taking U-Turn while coming from accenture just opposite to SPAR. Due to this since last 3-4 days there are huge traffic jam during peak hours.

I think it'll be too difficult for traffic to close hat U-Turn, as most of people go to SPAR use that and now these Autos.
Old 18th December 2009, 11:08   #1177
Senior - BHPian

^^ That 'U' was sealed sometime back. It re-opened. We need a signal there. Once the guys coming from Sagar Apollo stop, this signal should turn green for 'U' turns. Once the guys at Sagar Apollo signal start gunning, the 'U' turn signal should turn red.

This should solve most, 'most' of the problems.
Old 18th December 2009, 11:15   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post

I think it'll be too difficult for traffic to close hat U-Turn, as most of people go to SPAR use that and now these Autos.
People who go to SPAR should go further and take the U turn from Dairy Circle flyover.

The autos should take the u turn from the Sagar Hospital traffic light.

That U turn is a nuisance and should be closed.
Old 18th December 2009, 12:03   #1179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
People who go to SPAR should go further and take the U turn from Dairy Circle flyover.

The autos should take the u turn from the Sagar Hospital traffic light.

That U turn is a nuisance and should be closed.
I think it was like this before,but some morons screwed it up
Old 18th December 2009, 13:57   #1180
BANNED

Elevated Road to EC: Already in shambles

Sorry if this has been discussed here before.
Yesterday I had been by bus to Hosa Road Junction, near EC and observed that due to the new Elevated Road that is almost complete, there is always a huge, I mean at least a km long traffic jam from the Silk Board flyover till the first U turn below the Elevated Road.
This is due to the fact that the earlier U turn on a much wider section has been closed to make way for the vehicles waiting to pay toll on the Elevated Road so all the other vehicles which do not intend to use it need to crawl all the way till that U turn and then move ahead.
One of most hyped and delayed flyovers in Bangalore is about to open and this is the scene already.
Kudos to the local planners, get them to me and I certainly will...@#$%
Old 18th December 2009, 17:20   #1181
BHPian

a
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Yesterday I had been by bus to Hosa Road Junction, near EC and observed that due to the new Elevated Road that is almost complete, there is always a huge, I mean at least a km long traffic jam from the Silk Board flyover till the first U turn below the Elevated Road.
This is due to the fact that the earlier U turn on a much wider section has been closed to make way for the vehicles waiting to pay toll on the Elevated Road so all the other vehicles which do not intend to use it need to crawl all the way till that U turn and then move ahead.
One of most hyped and delayed flyovers in Bangalore is about to open and this is the scene already.
That elevated expressway by itself is a bane. It should have been a train or a metro which can take thousands people and not necessarily meant only for people with cars. And above that I cant believe one of the exits are directly into the Infosys campus. So, should the tax payer's money be used to construct access ramps to private companies?

It will be a tolled way and for sure with the six lane road available down, how many vehicles will take the tolled expressway, unless otherwise the government forces it down the throat of potential users?

Nainar
Old 18th December 2009, 18:39   #1182
BHPian

@anainar,

Wipro, Satyam and Infy have contributed a lot of money from their pockets for the elevated road. I have heard that, in 2000; the then government said the elevated road would never come unless ECity companies poured for the project.

Infy has every reason to have an exit/entry ramp!

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 18th December 2009 at 18:40.
Old 21st December 2009, 06:49   #1183
BHPian

How to beat the Traffic Jam

See the attached Picture.
No its not a ghost. Its a rider flying on the footpath in front of Vidhan Soudha to beat the traffic jam there. in fact a couple of other riders followed his example.
The other picture is a rider crossing infront of the car.

Sorry for the bad quality of mobile cam picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-zooming-foot-pathin-front-vidhan-soudha.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-sathish475.jpg  

Old 21st December 2009, 07:32   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
@anainar,

Wipro, Satyam and Infy have contributed a lot of money from their pockets for the elevated road. I have heard that, in 2000; the then government said the elevated road would never come unless ECity companies poured for the project.

Infy has every reason to have an exit/entry ramp!
No, None of the ECity companies have poured funds to the project. In fact, the constructor has paid a grant to NHAI ( termed negative grant) for developing this project instead of taking a grant from Govt (The Hindu : Karnataka / Bangalore News : Elevated highway project crosses last hurdle)

That said, this project is not without pitfalls. My main grouse is the lack of connectivity to NICE road. It seems our urban traffic planners can`t see the forest for the trees

-- Wind
Old 21st December 2009, 08:00   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Since they have also closed the main entrance to Ecity from South bound Hosur Road there is a considerable traffic jam in the first entrance towards Ecity. ( immediately after NICE road interchange)

The only persons who would happy with this scheme of things would be the Elevated Road operator, since these delays would force folks who had no plans to use the tolled Elevated highway to use it.

-- Wind

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks