Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2010, 11:31   #1336
BHPian

and that is exactly the problem, as already discussed in the forum.

I think we should actually have a video recorder in the car which will record all incidents.I am all for it if I could get a good quality recorder at a reasonable price (installed within 3-4k). Let me know if you happen to know any link.
Old 28th February 2010, 19:13   #1337
BANNED

Today 1430 hours, Outer Ring Road. At the More Superstore. A silver Swift comes onto the road to go towards Mahadevpura on the wrong side. I am coming from KR Puram Railway Station towards Marathahalli.

At the Mahadevpura junction see a bike with a kid going the wrong way. Tell my wife the next generation too will not follow rules.

Now the service road is blocked due to some work going on. So the driving up the wrong side.

I stop next to the Swift.

Me: Saar, I think you are new here. This is India. You are going the wrong side.

A lady and a the pea brain are in the car.

Pea Brain: I know. I will have to go 3 kms to the next U turn.

Me: Yes, so what.

Pea Brain: So I am going this way.

Me: You can possibly create an accident and kill or injure an innocent.

Pea Brain: But it is 3 kms.

Lady: We should go the right way.

Pea Brain: You dont tell me what to do. (to the lady)

Me: You want money for the petrol. I will give it to you.

Pea Brain: (Agitated) Mind your own business man.

Lady: I will see that he turns and goes the right way. (to me)

Pea Brain: (Fuming) How can he talk to me like that.

Lady: You are doing a mistake. Turn around. You go (to me). Thanks.

I drive off.

I see in my rear view mirror. Pea Brain reverse the car and come up the right way.

Last edited by Spitfire : 28th February 2010 at 19:14.
Old 28th February 2010, 19:44   #1338
BHPian

^^ perfect now if only all the women had the sense and control on their erring traffic violator men, we might be in a better position!
Old 28th February 2010, 20:36   #1339
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Educated idiots can be found aplenty- If one just happens to stand at Big Bazaar on OMR and see the number of signals being broken, one would know the futility of spending money on installing signals
I am sure if the traffic police employs 10,000 more people to catch the signal jumpers and pays the salary of 15K a month also from the fines, it will be easy to get out( entire city)
On Friday -A moron (saaftware engr most likely seeing the parking sticker on his bike) jumped the signal on his bike as i was taking the left which was green and i came up next to him and shouted out- why are u jumping the signal?
He waved his hand to me indicating- move on!
I had a mind to stop him there especially seeing his MH registration which would have given a license to the cop to take his life out but then better sense prevailed. How helpless we are in these situations when encounter complete idiots.
Old 1st March 2010, 00:18   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Me: You want money for the petrol. I will give it to you.....
Good one!!
One positive thing I've noticed of late is that fewer people (cabbies included) drive with high beams on. Is this because of awareness or better street lighting?
Old 1st March 2010, 06:18   #1341
BHPian

"How helpless we are in these situations when encounter complete idiots." - Very true. If we muster the courage to encounter the civilians that's only just one side of the equation. The very cops who're to enforce rules of the law just break them with impunity, ironically. In such situations, all I do is take a look at my passport and remind myself that I'm an INDIAN! Challenging the men in Khakhi when they break the rules will end me up spit blood (very likely). I've never had challenged them but once in Chennai and the experience was surprisingly sweet .
All in all, I believe, if the cops have respect for the law, they'll certainly enforce it better than they do now. More the enforcement better the adherence. Till then the size of the posts like this one will keep growing and that's all going to be it.
And @spitfire, your observation that the next generation too is not going to follow rules was spot on. Many of the tomorrow's-citizens learn from such morons.
Old 1st March 2010, 06:46   #1342
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcars View Post
"How helpless we are in these situations when encounter complete idiots." - Very true. If we muster the courage to encounter the civilians that's only just one side of the equation. The very cops who're to enforce rules of the law just break them with impunity, ironically. In such situations, all I do is take a look at my passport and remind myself that I'm an INDIAN! Challenging the men in Khakhi when they break the rules will end me up spit blood (very likely). I've never had challenged them but once in Chennai and the experience was surprisingly sweet .
All in all, I believe, if the cops have respect for the law, they'll certainly enforce it better than they do now. More the enforcement better the adherence. Till then the size of the posts like this one will keep growing and that's all going to be it.
And @spitfire, your observation that the next generation too is not going to follow rules was spot on. Many of the tomorrow's-citizens learn from such morons.
I guess that is only one reason for that. If we have a vehicle at home, youngsters tend to learn them unofficially. If we make them go through the actual LL route, with a good instructor, this will not happen.
Old 1st March 2010, 11:50   #1343
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcars View Post
All in all, I believe, if the cops have respect for the law, they'll certainly enforce it better than they do now. .
I had a very interesting talk with the cop who puts parking fine stickers on cars which are parked every single day in the no parking zone on the side road of Big Bazaar.
Here is my conversation a few weeks back
Me: How do you ensure that these people pay up because many have different address on record than where they are staying
Cop: Most people do, but id they do not,we cant do much. We do send people to their home on record as all is recorded( did not believe this a bit)
Me: You should enforce more, esp signal jumping, why do you not
Cop: what to do? We try our best but many times some guy will use his connections and go scott free. Its very tough to get a good posting and once we get it none wants to mess it up with a fine on some guy whose uncle is powerful hence the inspector also lets off people
Me: That is bad, really bad, you guys should have more power like in the western countries and even places like Dubai and Malaysia
Cop: what to do, wish that were the case.
I felt what helpless these people are with the system we have, for once i could be in that guys position and wonder- what do i care if the guys at the top are anyways going to let people off, let me do my job and go home.
Old 1st March 2010, 11:58   #1344
Senior - BHPian

^^+1 and this is the reason for more accidents or rash driving or over speed. Simple because just a phone call and they are safe. You need to be lucky while driving on the road that no one comes and dashes at you and says you are wrong or get caught by a police man just because your bonnet was little bit ahead of the stop line in the signal. You can't help. It is the world of money and power. Only these things talk.
Old 1st March 2010, 12:07   #1345
Senior - BHPian

Gopalan Arcade Mall, Mysore Road

Do not park in the external parking that is in a open compound a few meters away from the mall. Last evening we had parked there, a Swift parked there had its window shattered by some thief who was trying to loot stuff from the parked car. By the time we rushed to the spot with the security guard it was too late the robber had already run off.

I guess the low lighting and just one security guard was the prime reason these cars parked here are easy bait.

Feel bad for the owner who would have come to know about it later.
Old 1st March 2010, 12:12   #1346
Team-BHP Support

What do you guys think of the new mess that has been created by the cops in Marathalli? The u turn near Kalamandi has been closed, so has the U turn before Malgudi. So, the next turn is the one near ISRO!

So, for someone coming along the ORR, and who wants to go towards Kundanahalli, he has to go all the way till ISRO to take a U turn, and then come all the way back?!
First, they closed the turn at Marathalli junction, and asked people to use the Kalamandir U turn. Now, they close this, as well as the Malgudi U turn.

Seriously, what exactly are they thinking?
Old 1st March 2010, 12:18   #1347
Senior - BHPian

^^
Now the U turn is in a wider section of road. And since they have put this I don't see any jams happening there like before. Yea, it means a few extra meters more to ride/drive, but if its solving the traffic situation then when not?
Old 1st March 2010, 12:19   #1348
Senior - BHPian

@Ben, I think they want to make people coming from ORR to go up the ramp,take left above the bridge(near the signal), then go almost 300mts and take a U turn towards Whitefield/kundanhalli. By doing this first they are clogging the whole road near ISRO as 70% of vehicles from ORR have to take a U turn towards Whitefield/ITPL and then they are clogging the whole of marathalli road above the bridge due tot he fact that people from ORR will be taking the ramp and join near the signal. Huge traffic woes will happen. They will again come back tot he same policy of opening the right cross on the bridge or U turn near kalamandir.
Old 1st March 2010, 16:22   #1349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Seriously, what exactly are they thinking?
I wish they did.

Its sad that even after spending so much money, one has to go through all this mess.

Its baffling why they didn't make Airport Road to ITPL route signal-free in the first place.

-- Torqy
Old 4th March 2010, 11:42   #1350
BANNED

Today I saw a moron on a Bullet. Registration number 6636.

He first overtakes from the left. Cuts me off and after a kilometer or so I see him stopped in the right most lane texting someone.

This is the HAL road. One of the busiest road in Bangalore.

Last edited by Dippy : 4th March 2010 at 13:04. Reason: Hi Spitfire. Lets refrain from making abusive statements. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks