Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2010, 11:44   #1351
Senior - BHPian

Sheesh. That too on a bullet? I somehow can not associate impatience with a bulleteer.
Old 4th March 2010, 11:53   #1352
Senior - BHPian

Other day I was driving on the right most lane of a divided road, suddenly a bike guy ovetakes me from left, comes in front of me in a flash and stops to indicate he wants to take a right turn. It is purely out of reflex i slowed down in time. I experience these type of things at least once in 3 days.In india, people push their luck, leave too much to the chance and the ability of other motorists to avoid potemtial accidents and their lives. But there would be days they may not be very lucky (unfortunately).
Old 4th March 2010, 12:05   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
He first overtakes from the left. Cuts me off and after a kilometer or so I see him stopped in the right most lane texting someone.
You'll never know. Maybe he was sending "Good Bye" to everybody.

Old 4th March 2010, 12:15   #1354
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Sheesh. That too on a bullet? I somehow can not associate impatience with a bulleteer.
They usually arent, but I've had my experience with one such moron as well. He just just to my lane all of a sudden, and continues as if his father owned the road. I had every reason to knock him down, but common sense prevailed.
Old 4th March 2010, 12:21   #1355
BANNED

Quote:
Sheesh. That too on a bullet?
LOL. Once RE came out with the easy-to-maintian bikes we got a lot of this breed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
You'll never know. Maybe he was sending "Good Bye" to everybody.
Yeah hope so.
Old 4th March 2010, 21:53   #1356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There's just 1 guy that I'm acquainted with, who fits the bill. A classmate from college, 6'4 and 130kgs, he made a Bullet look small when he'd ride the bike! And he probably belonged to a family of artisans, showing his skills in weaving in and out of 'stopped' traffic, in an effort to save (2-3 secs, at the most) time while commuting around B'lore. No one ever dared riding with him, fearing severed limbs when he'd get within inches of the BTS buses.

I'll try ti find out if this moron is still based in B'lore, and if he still rides his Bullet!
Old 8th March 2010, 16:03   #1357
BANNED

Was going to Yelahanka, yesterday to attend a friend's engagement.

A guy on Bike was going in around 60 on the right most lane, the road being so busy I could not overtake from left so I started honking.

This guy didn't bother to move. We both stopped in a signal and
I asked him "Why don't you ride your bike on the left lane if you want to go slow"
The Nut: "You are in India, not in US, the road is not divided. I can ride anywhere I want to"
Me: "This is India, not US because of people like you, can't you see the lines dividing the road into lanes?"
The Nut: "Yes, this rule was earlier there but now removed"

I couldn't stop my laugh, and since this was a loud conversation... everyone started laughing around me. This joker got hyper and moved on with an embarrassed head when the signal was green
Old 8th March 2010, 16:12   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post

A guy on Bike was going in around 60 on the right most lane, the road being so busy I could not overtake from left so I started honking.

This guy didn't bother to move. We both stopped in a signal and
I asked him "Why don't you ride your bike on the left lane if you want to go slow"
The Nut: "You are in India, not in US, the road is not divided. I can ride anywhere I want to"
Me: "This is India, not US because of people like you, can't you see the lines dividing the road into lanes?"
The Nut: "Yes, this rule was earlier there but now removed"

I couldn't stop my laugh, and since this was a loud conversation... everyone started laughing around me. This joker got hyper and moved on with an embarrassed head when the signal was green
Superb. So you made your point to make him understand the rules. How??--> By making the conversation so loud that everyone laughed and he got embarrassed. Good one.
Old 8th March 2010, 16:13   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Ranjan, good one
Nuts like him (two-wheelers driving on the fast rightmost lane) end up under the Truck or Bus...
Old 8th March 2010, 16:32   #1360
BHPian

Quote:

Pardon my ignorance, but, when you are saying that you could not overtake from left because of heavy traffic, what did you expect that guy to do when you honked? He couldn't've moved to the left lane, isn't it?
Old 8th March 2010, 16:36   #1361
BHPian

I gave my car for some checkups at IRR trident hyundai (opp dell) and got in an auto to head back to koramangala. The auto guy spotted a muddy patch on the divider just before domlur flyover and suddenly stopped in middle of road trying to reverse and use the muddy patch to go to the other side. He started blocking all traffic and I had to tell him 'boss I will pay no need for shortcut, go all the way under domlur flyover take proper u-turn and come back' - the auto guy was amazed as to when he was trying to save me money I was against it - and I was amazed he was trying to save me money :-)
Old 8th March 2010, 16:41   #1362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
the auto guy was amazed as to when he was trying to save me money I was against it - and I was amazed he was trying to save me money :-)
So this shows not all auto drivers are bad in Bangalore
Old 8th March 2010, 16:42   #1363
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but, when you are saying that you could not overtake from left because of heavy traffic, what did you expect that guy to do when you honked? He couldn't've moved to the left lane, isn't it?
hmmm.. Left lane is for slow, I had to overtake, so I could not take left because vehicles on the left lane are even slower (Good sign: Cars are really using this rule on this road). If he had to ride slow, he had to go to the slower lane no matter what.

Any ways, I din't honk to shove him to the left, it was to let him know he was riding slow on the wrong lane and should pace up. It was a danger to his life itself. You should see the new Airport road these days, noone wants to drive below 70-80. Out of 20 cars at 80KMPH, 1 bike at 60KMPH is definitely not safe.

I think I used the wrong word 'Honk' it's misleading.
I used my horn for around 2-3 seconds continuously.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:37   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
hmmm.. Left lane is for slow, I had to overtake, so I could not take left because vehicles on the left lane are even slower (Good sign: Cars are really using this rule on this road). If he had to ride slow, he had to go to the slower lane no matter what.
Couldnt resist posting
Old 8th March 2010, 17:55   #1365
BHPian

morons on mysore road.

Quote:
"Yes, this rule was earlier there but now removed"
LOL couldn't stop laughing.

Was driving down from Mysore yesterday night at around 11:00 pm and after maddur, saw a few morons in a maroon santro having beer while driving. Couldn't be water. These days, no one keeps water in Glass bottles with gold stickers. Even the driver was drinking from it and was doing 80 at that time.
Hope they reached bangalore safe and sound.

It gets really dangerous around that time esp on a sunday night when there is a mad rush to reach the city by midnight.
Racing manouvers and plain stupid overtaking attempts all at high speed. It was just like a video game. I was really scared yesterday.

Regards,
krishna.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks