Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 12:55   #1486
BHPian

Every evening, there is a huge traffic jam at the Silk board junction.
There is this small cut road under the bridge from the other side, which is a one way. Nobody (especially the cabs, trucks and buses) bother for it, they just come towards the main road and create a huge jam.
There were some barricades placed at the entrance of the road, but no more.
I wonder why such a diversion was made at the first place. It just made things go from worse to a nightmare!
Old 13th May 2010, 13:05   #1487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

She looks at me and says "You should look this side." I understand this is ideal candidate for Darwins Theory and will pay for it someday. I just walk off.
Had nearly the same experience last week at a intersection in Banashankari 2nd Stage. An Optra wanting to overtake an Auto comes into my lane, I flash my lights a few time for him to realize that I'm not moving out of place just to let him overtake. But I couldn't move further till he finished his overtaking move.

When he passed by me, I told don't you have eyes. He retorts saying, You don't have eyes!
Old 13th May 2010, 13:40   #1488
Senior - BHPian

Didn't know where exactly to post this but ...
How does one go from Seven Hotels ORR (between KRPuram and Marthahalli) to Old Airport? Does one haveto go on Marhahalli underpass and take a U turn followed by a left turn at Marthahalli? OR Turn Left just before the Marthahalli underpass reach overpass and turn right?
Old 13th May 2010, 14:05   #1489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Didn't know where exactly to post this but ...
How does one go from Seven Hotels ORR (between KRPuram and Marthahalli) to Old Airport? Does one haveto go on Marhahalli underpass and take a U turn followed by a left turn at Marthahalli? OR Turn Left just before the Marthahalli underpass reach overpass and turn right?
You should opt for the latter: "Turn Left just before the Marthahalli underpass reach overpass and turn right".
Old 13th May 2010, 14:18   #1490
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
You should opt for the latter: "Turn Left just before the Marthahalli underpass reach overpass and turn right".
No way, you cannot turn right, he will end up going for 2 km before makng a u turn.

Go under the bridge, take u turn and immediate left
Old 13th May 2010, 14:18   #1491
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
HAnd they have the audacity to scream at us when they are going in the wrong lane, in the wrong direction.
Yeah its so irritating. But these days I keepmy cool. Its just not worth it and I am firm believer in Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
When he passed by me, I told don't you have eyes. He retorts saying, You don't have eyes!
Do this the next time you come across such people.

Dont say a word. Look at him and smile and wave him to move on. You have screwed atleast 2 days of his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Does one haveto go on Marhahalli underpass and take a U turn followed by a left turn at Marthahalli?
Yes. What do you do around Seven Hotels? I stay right in that area.

There is another route. Much shorter. And you will come out at the intersection just before signal at the route going towards Logica.

Instead of getting on ORR after exiting Seven Hotel. Drive in the opposite direction towards the DoddeNekundi Village/Town. There is a very narrow railway underpass. Keep going straight you will end up in the village. Keep going down the main road and you will exit the village right behind ISRO. Keep going straight you will get a dead left which will eventually lead you to the logica intersection.

Another route. Get on ORR, pass below the underpass. There is an intersection right in front of ISRO, folks coming from Maratahhalli take a U Turn here to get to Whitefield road. Turn right to enter a small road right next to the ISRO compund wall. Keep going straight and you will come to a T junction turn left and you are on the road which I mentioned above. The right goes to DoddeNekundi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Thats a one way. Its illegal to do that though you must have seen the idiotic cab drivers, auto riders and brainless 2 wheelers doing that. If you are taking the same route. Rest Assured a person who walks to work each day down this route is cursing that people like these rot in hell.

Last edited by Spitfire : 13th May 2010 at 14:28.
Old 13th May 2010, 14:22   #1492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dont say a word. Look at him and smile and wave him to move on. You have screwed atleast 2 days of his life.
Exactly. I usually give them a thumbs up and say Superb Driving.

But that day was one of my bad days I guess!
Old 13th May 2010, 15:23   #1493
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
What's with the sudden construction of speed breakers that too unmarked on the ORR right after the Bellandur junction.
The similar story is also seen in front of Intel (ORR) on both sides. They have also removed the center barrier from these places, for God knows whatever reason. Interestingly, we now have speedbreakers both before as well as after a traffic signal on both sides. Smart thinking!

I wonder when the authorities will realize that speedbreakers only worsen the existing traffic situation. Looks like Bangalore's fetish for speedbreakers will continue for a long time.
Old 13th May 2010, 15:59   #1494
BHPian

This was at the lifestyle junction, I was coming from airport road, continuing on richmond road. I was travelling alone. Stopped next to a car at the signal.
I had my seatbelt on, This guy was with his kid in front and a lady at the back.
When i came next to him, he saw that i'm wearing a seat belt and immediately put on his himself. Just gave him a genuine smile after that
Good experience!
Old 13th May 2010, 16:40   #1495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
The similar story is also seen in front of Intel (ORR) on both sides. They have also removed the center barrier from these places, for God knows whatever reason. Interestingly, we now have speedbreakers both before as well as after a traffic signal on both sides. Smart thinking!
I think there is an underpass that is going to be constructed at the Intel junction. This is in addition to the flyover at Bellandur. Once the construction starts, it is going to be a lot of fun.
Old 13th May 2010, 21:01   #1496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes. What do you do around Seven Hotels? staying there for 4 days . have some work at old airport. This visit to Bangy without my VDI :(

There is another route. Much shorter. And you will come out at the intersection just before signal at the route going towards Logica. greek to me

Instead of getting on ORR after exiting Seven Hotel. Drive in the opposite direction towards the DoddeNekundi Village/Town. There is a very narrow railway underpass. Keep going straight you will end up in the village. Keep going down the main road and you will exit the village right behind ISRO. Keep going straight you will get a dead left which will eventually lead you to the logica intersection. greek - sorry my knowledge is not that good

Another route. Get on ORR, pass below the underpass. There is an intersection right in front of ISRO, folks coming from Maratahhalli take a U Turn here to get to Whitefield road. Turn right to enter a small road right next to the ISRO compund wall. Keep going straight and you will come to a T junction turn left and you are on the road which I mentioned above. The right goes to DoddeNekundi. greek again

Thats a one way. Its illegal to do that though you must have seen the idiotic cab drivers, auto riders and brainless 2 wheelers doing that. If you are taking the same route. Rest Assured a person who walks to work each day down this route is cursing that people like these rot in hell.
Think i'll take a cab. Bangalore rocks.
Old 14th May 2010, 22:35   #1497
Senior - BHPian

Oh boy! I'm hooked to this tread, and being a hardcore B'lorean for the longest time,I guess I need to educate myself on how to deal with the traffic situation in the Garden city.
Come to think of it, I've not had many issues driving around when I've visit B'lore, but now I feel I'm going to have a tough time driving around the next time I get there. With all the changes with respect to routes & the general attitude of the public, I'd see myself getting into arguments every now and then, and staying angry for the most part. Not to forget the possibility of getting my dad's Verna (sparingly used, in brand new condition) to look like a tank used in a war!
God save me!And every Bangalorean, in fact.
Old 14th May 2010, 22:50   #1498
BHPian

The newly introduced, "push-to-cross-the-road" signals are useless, Atleast here in bangalore, I walked upto the signal on cunningham road, The signal was turned off, so i had to turn on the button on the signal which made the signal turn green, then i pushed the red button(which turns the signal red), Finally the signal turned red and i started crossing the road, to my surprise NONE of the vehicles even slowed down nor it made any difference to the people.

Note of appreciation here to the BMTC drivers, I noticed a bus stopping at a green just because the traffic in front of him was not moving, He moved only after the junction was cleared. I was

Last edited by akshay_b : 14th May 2010 at 22:51.
Old 15th May 2010, 00:24   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
She looks at me and says "You should look this side." I understand this is ideal candidate for Darwins Theory and will pay for it someday. I just walk off.
Reminds me of an incident. Some day in 2004 / 2005.
A busy work day. Time is between 12 noon and 2 PM. Venue - Residency Road Bangalore. Many folks working in those firms housed in Prestige Towers are walking on the footpath to and from lunch or such. A group of guys, maybe 5 in number, is walking in the direction to Richmond Circle on the footpath by the side of Prestige Towers. A M800, driven by a young lady, with only female occupants comes in the same direction the guys are walking and drives into the building without any iota of care to the pedestrians around. Expectedly brushes a guy (or bumps?) who is on the footpath by the side of the entrance. (He's in the footpath much before the car crosses him.) Doesn't stop; Doesn't care and drives straight to the parking lot on the ground floor.
The guy walks up to the driver along with the rest of the group (I follow them too) and asks "Didn't you see me walking?".
Lady: "Didn't you see my car coming?"
Guy: "How could I? You came from behind"
Lady: "So what? You should look around."
Guy: "But then I was on the footpath meant for pedestrians."
Lady: "But you were walking on the path of the motor vehicles that go into the building."
Guy: "Ridiculous. You could have killed / injured me. You apologize." (Yes she was fast!)
Lady: "I won't; You do, if you want to, for walking into my car's path"
Guy: "If you were a male things would have been different by now"
Long story short - they give him a damn and walk into the building. Me and
Old 17th May 2010, 11:17   #1500
Team-BHP Support

This is not really a traffic rant, but just a street experience which i thought i shall post here.

On Saturday i was driving along the ORR from Bellandur towards Marathalli when i noticed a NHC in front of me with a fancy number. It seemed to be driven by a driver, and the owner family also were in the car. I noticed the rear right side wheel was wobbling dangerously, and still the driver was literally ripping the car. I gave pursuit, and caught up with them at the speedbreaker in front of Innovative Multiplex, lowered my window and beckoned to them to lower their window as well.
I then told them that there is serious wobbling of their rear wheel.. however the owner who was an elderly person sitting in the passenger seat sniggered at me as if i was just wasting their time.

Seeing this, i really thought why i even bothered to care! They did slow down after this, but then i didnt wait to check further. Maybe being insensitive is what is needed on our roads.

Most Viewed