Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 16:41   #1741
BHPian

This happened on Sunday near the Kudalahalli junction. I was on my two wheeler and noticed another guy on a two wheeler who overtook me by swinging from one side of the road to another driving perpendicular to moving cars. He seemed to be having no regard to any rules and his only concern was to overtake vehicles from whatever gaps he could find between the vehicles, however small the gap maybe. The traffic was moving slowly and he was now behind a truck and suddenly he decided he needed to get ahead of the truck and turned his bike into a gap between the truck and an Estilo that was just behind the truck on the left lane.
As expected his vehicle came under the Estilo's front tyre and he fell down. The Estilo guy stopped right there and he had to back his car a bit for the guy to lift his bike up coz his front tyre was under the front tyre of the Estilo and the rest of the bike was lying perpendicular to the Estilo, clearly showing the bike guy was to blame.
I stopped my bike and waited for the guy to get up as i was behind these 2 vehicles. When the guy got up, the car guy asked him what he was doing driving like that and the two wheeler guy started shouting saying that the car guy was to blame. I promptly shouted at him to shut up and told him it was his fault for driving like an idiot. That seemed to calm him down and he started his bike and was off, driving more serenely for the moment.
Old 10th August 2010, 21:45   #1742
BHPian

For all those morons busy jumping traffic signals, cutting across lanes and doing all sorts of circus on Bangalore roads, here is one Mr.Bharath Thacker. Spotted him and his bike today.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img0054a.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img0055a.jpg  

Old 11th August 2010, 12:12   #1743
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
For all those morons busy jumping traffic signals, cutting across lanes and doing all sorts of circus on Bangalore roads, here is one Mr.Bharath Thacker. Spotted him and his bike today.
Nice! However, its interesting that whatever it is that we shouldn't do has become the norm, and we celebrate what we should have been doing in the first place.
Old 11th August 2010, 12:16   #1744
Senior - BHPian

I appreciate Mr Thacker's good intentions.

Not to nitpick, but the third point needs to be rephrased, or rather the "NOT" removed. Two Nots are making a right wrong here
Old 11th August 2010, 13:37   #1745
BHPian

On my way to office today, a grey swift tried to overtake me in a narrow lane where there was no space for overtaking. This guy came too close to my car and ended up scratching the front bumper and just missed the front fender. I made him stop and asked him if he cant see whether there is enough space to overtake or not and he replies that he saw many people overtaking and so even he tried the same! And only bikes had overtaken me till then! He mutters apologies mentioning that he was late to a meeting and thats why he was driving fast. When I asked him about the damages, he gave me his card and asked me to keep him informed before zooming off. I am planning to see how this guy responds to me when I get cost of the bumper repainted/touched -up.

This happened in the narrow lane that goes towards ITPL and GE and starts besides Shell Petrol bunk on Varthur Road.

Last edited by mtnrajdeep : 11th August 2010 at 13:38.
Old 11th August 2010, 14:46   #1746
BHPian

less traffic in Bangalore

I and my colleague feel traffic in Bangalore has reduced in the last 2 weeks or so!

Anyone else feels so? Any idea why it is so? Has it actually reduced or it is just our feeling?
Old 12th August 2010, 09:26   #1747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
I and my colleague feel traffic in Bangalore has reduced in the last 2 weeks or so!

Anyone else feels so? Any idea why it is so? Has it actually reduced or it is just our feeling?
I feel its pretty much the same. Sometimes I feel it is increasing rather than decreasing.
Old 12th August 2010, 10:09   #1748
BHPian

Quote:

I too feel it sometimes - but not consistently. Maybe 1 or 2 days in the past 2 weeks.

It depends on timing of you crossing dense junctions and the timing of signal lights. If you get struck in a signal, there is 90% chance that next signal also will be red when you reach there. And if you cross the first signal w/o having to stop you will feel less traffic as you cruise ahead.

And this worse nowadays because of the too many road widening / flyover constructions going on across the city simultaneously.

Last edited by ch.nathan : 12th August 2010 at 10:11.
Old 12th August 2010, 15:53   #1749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this related to the hike in auto fares and more people taking bus? Media (I noticed in DH and RadioOne) are running a campaign to boycott auto and teach them a lesson.
Old 12th August 2010, 18:34   #1750
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Another thing which I have started seeing of late is that lots of 60+ couple on the road, and many a times, the senior citizen may/do not show correct reflexes to obey the right traffic conditions. At signals they do stop, but while overtaking. allowing others to go past etc, is where this becomes a very glaring issue.

Sorry if I am hurting sentiments here, but that is what I felt. Its happened many times that folks just keep changing lanes and over take without indication etc (I know these are common problems with every one in the city, but since I saw many a senior citizen in this loop, just thought would share and get other's perspectives.

Again please let me state, this is just a view point and not any bias at all.
Old 12th August 2010, 19:44   #1751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Something most bikers need to take a cue from. I really have respect for this dude if he is abiding to traffic rules.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 12th August 2010 at 19:46.
Old 12th August 2010, 21:09   #1752
BHPian

This Thread is just the place i was looking to express my sentiments on the Road Sense here.
I stay in Kodigehalli and there is a railway crossing i need to pass.
What drives me up the wall is when the gate is closed and there is a line formed, someone always think they are smarter than the rest and jumps the queue.

Another thing, all the bikes and ricks would line up in the front of the gate at both sides and once the gate goes up, you all know what happens.

This just increases by blood pressure seeing this, but no one does anything.

Also with regards to bikes on Footpaths, this happened to me while I was walking with the wifey near Chisel Gym heading towards Vellur junction. This Bike guy decides to ride the pavement we are walking on. Total disrespect for pedistrains, its not like the pavements are that great but they belong to the people and not the bikes.

Would shouting or telling the biker off make a difference ? I dont think so, cause i did and he just drove off and rode on the next pavement.

I can go on and on regarding traffic sense here, all i can say is this behaviour is also refelected off the roads and hence would be near impossible to change.
But then nothing is impossible and hope things get better for our kids or theirs.
Old 12th August 2010, 23:12   #1753
BHPian

A week before, I was traveling on the NICE road (from Mysore road to Bannerghatta Road). It was the company chauffeur driven swift, he was doing a decent speed of 90 kmh in the right lane. Suddenly a guy who was on his pulsar, appeared to be in his late 20's came from left lane to the right and my driver was honking to glory and slammed his brakes . He couldn't control the car and we we did slide down to the center, thank god there was no median and there was grass like the U.S highways. The guy didn't even stop and did ride on. We caught him up near the exit and asked him what was he thinking, he removed his helmet, then his earbuds and as usual started foul mouthing and even started to call his buddies on his cell phone threatening me. Luckily for me there were other cars who were behind me who saw what exactly had happened and came to my rescue .
Seeing the commotion a Hoysala (cops) also stopped there and made sure the situation didn't get out of hands. I also was running late for my meeting so didn't wanted to invite any trouble and moved on. That was a horrible experience and luckily nobody was hurt.

-Z
Old 13th August 2010, 07:30   #1754
Senior - BHPian

Going by the last several pages of this thread, I think the thread title needs to be changed back to its original one, as there are hardly any appreciations coming !
Old 13th August 2010, 10:39   #1755
BHPian

Madivala market signal (@ Kripanithi College - coming from Sarjapur road) is becoming a pain in the A** day-by-day.
No vehicle stops at the red signal, they keep on coming. Even BMTC buses - I wonder what's their urgency!!

Most Viewed