Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 22:49   #1786
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Good work, Parag. Knowing the local language in your case helped, else you would soon see you were fighting a lone battle with no one to support you.
True and I myself admit that I wouldn't have dared to do it If I did not know the language.

Quote:
Few years down the line, these kids would soon become the next waywards out to loot hapless motorists out of their money, knowing how easy it is to harass people.
Tell me about it. This season I was only stopped once on the road that goes to Bannerghatta Road through Electronics City but I said that I come here everyday and I did not carry any cash. They were Kids aged between 12-16years doing the vasooli in the name of Ganesh festival.

Last year before the festival enroute Pune from Bangalore, I was waylaid by similar kids with two people holding a rope across the road near Shiggaon but the fellow traveller with me was a local who managed to get rid of them.

Similar was the case in Hassan bypass when I escaped from them by showing them my Driving licence issued by Hassan RTO and my address mentioning my residence as Belur and they realized I was a local and let me go.

We all know where this money collected goes to!
Old 26th August 2010, 09:11   #1787
BHPian

Parag - Well done!!
Just a few posts earlier I had posted about this messy junction, and here is a BHPian standing tall.

I wish I too get proficient in Kannada soon.
Old 26th August 2010, 10:20   #1788
Senior - BHPian

Of late, I see too many cows on Hosur Road - this is especially before the turning to Electronic City Phase 2. Even buses and lorries suddenly swerve to miss these animals and bikers and cars suffer because of this.

It really is a disaster waiting to happen. I have also noticed these animals cud-chewing on Begur Road and the road from NGV towards Neelasandra.
Old 26th August 2010, 10:37   #1789
BHPian

Kudos Parag; you did the right thing and you may have put some sense in the Drivers head for sure. I hope he does not try this again.

Cops coming to the scene would not have made a difference as they would have just asked you to move on. Its like one Govt Servant coming in aid of the other .
Old 26th August 2010, 10:38   #1790
BaldOwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Of late, I see too many
Ban on cow slaughter.. maybe..

Old 31st August 2010, 17:06   #1791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldOwl View Post
Ban on cow slaughter.. maybe..
Hmmm....could actually be that! But would seriously appreciate people taking better care of livestock. Serious accidents waiting to happen. And you all know who will be blamed once someone hits a cow.....
Old 31st August 2010, 18:43   #1792
BHPian

Cows and buffalos are natural (eco-friendly) speed-breakers. Instead of having spine-breaking humps on the road, we should have more and more slow moving heavy-weight animals on the road to naturally curb over-speeding. This is a truly Indian solution to an Indian problem.

About 7 years back, on sighting a huge buffalo stading right in the middle of Airport Road (near Domlur), my VP (an American) asked me if he could expect to see an elephant as well ...
Old 31st August 2010, 20:50   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
my VP (an American) asked me if he could expect to see an elephant as well ...
You should have shown him a BMTC bus standing in the middle of the road to pick up people

But I agree as well, speed breakers are too many in Bangalore and at times I'm scared on a new or old road not traveled so often because of my 8 month old baby in the car. It can be a bad scene when you jump one!
Old 31st August 2010, 22:41   #1794
Team-BHP Support

More infrastructure work and more traffic diversions!
News in today's Hindu.

The Hindu : Karnataka / Bangalore News : Infrastructure gets a lion's share
Old 1st September 2010, 07:44   #1795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
More infrastructure work and more traffic diversions!

The Hindu : Karnataka / Bangalore News : Infrastructure gets a lion's share
With the 5200 crores earmarked for this, I strongly feel a "New Bangalore" could be started to be built, away from the present city, which has no further potential for growth. It is like 20 people (and growing) trying to fit into a 2 bedroom house, and then going on "improving infrastructure" by adding rooms each year. This benefits only the contractors, but gladdens none of the occupants who have to live through this "constant development", and never enjoy peaceful living.

The new city could be located on the other side of Devanahalli, with well planned wide roads, and other public infrastructure, including provision for public transport, parks etc. The shape of the new city could be long rather than the present city's circular shape, to make it easy to plan local train lines and arterial roads. A lot of the new companies must be encouraged to start their businesses there. Top priority and publicity should be given to the development of the new city, to immediately ease the burden on our present beloved Bengalooru

Last edited by mooza : 1st September 2010 at 07:46.
Old 1st September 2010, 09:48   #1796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
The new city could be located on the other side of Devanahalli, with well planned wide roads, and other public infrastructure, including provision for public transport, parks etc. The shape of the new city could be long rather than the present city's circular shape, to make it easy to plan local train lines and arterial roads. A lot of the new companies must be encouraged to start their businesses there. Top priority and publicity should be given to the development of the new city, to immediately ease the burden on our present beloved Bengalooru
This is indeed very good news, negative side is I have been hearing news like this for a while & considering the speed at which blore govt operate, this would take quite a long time & the damage done would be irreversible to this once garden city..
Old 1st September 2010, 10:47   #1797
Team-BHP Support

Here is a picture that I'd taken over a year ago.

The location: Richmond Road (the stretch between Lifestyle and Vellarah Junction)
The time: 9:30 am.

Can you'll notice what's wrong about this picture?
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-12012009519.jpg  

Old 1st September 2010, 11:32   #1798
BHPian

maybe it's the person on the bike (in front of auto) struggling to get past the bus? I can see just one tire in this pic!

Cheers!
-z
Old 1st September 2010, 11:41   #1799
BHPian

Or maybe the other person couldn't hold for anymore and trying to do 'something' in doggy style!!

Last edited by ch.nathan : 1st September 2010 at 11:42.
Old 1st September 2010, 11:58   #1800
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie69 View Post
maybe it's the person on the bike (in front of auto) struggling to get past the bus? I can see just one tire in this pic!

Cheers!
-z
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Or maybe the other person couldn't hold for anymore and trying to do 'something' in doggy style!!
Good guesses fellas! But don't you see the buses taking up the entire road!? All 3-4 lanes at that! And they make a big mess when they all try to stop at the same bus-stop at the same time! It's terrible to see something like this, and that's why, Bangalore desperately needs a dedicated 'bus-lane'!

And to make things that much worse, buses with 'DVD-digital-surround-sound-sweety-aishwarya-rai-road-runner' stickers are the worst of the lot! They haven't heard of lane-discipline at all, they have absolutely no respect for other motorists on the road, they hurtle down narrow roads and switch lanes like their lives depend on it, and lastly, they sound their horns with incredible gusto!

These buses need to be either banned from the city roads, or the drivers need to be pulled up and given a hiding!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks