Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 14:31   #1846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Hey buddy, is it possible to disclose the names of those STATES?
Ever been to Delhi, Chandigarh, Gurgaon and also Jharkhand? Except Chandigarh all others are highly populated and they do handle their traffic pretty well. I am not saying they are perfect though.
Old 28th September 2010, 14:52   #1847
BANNED

I know where you are coming from. FYI, Bangalore population density is 8,231/ sq KM while Jharkand is 360/ sq KM. So vehicular density will further exaggerate. Where is the comparison
I haven't been to Gudgaon and hence can't comment. Hope you were not travelling on metro when said Delhi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Ever been to Delhi, Chandigarh, Gurgaon and also Jharkhand? Except Chandigarh all others are highly populated and they do handle their traffic pretty well. I am not saying they are perfect though.
Old 28th September 2010, 14:58   #1848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
I know where you are coming from. FYI, Bangalore population density is 8,231/ sq KM while Jharkand is 360/ sq KM. So vehicular density will further exaggerate. Where is the comparison
I haven't been to Gudgaon and hence can't comment. Hope you were not travelling on metro when said Delhi.
Well You need to have Metro to travel on!!!! And if a city has it, means it's capable enough to build it without cutting out roads and creating oneways like the famous city you know I am talking about.

Anyways, Forget about vehicular density and population. If Bangalore had a VD of 1 / sq KM, it would still remain same with pot holes more than roads and corrupt officers looking out for some bucks to buy their children pencils and rubbers.

Last edited by Googleman : 28th September 2010 at 14:59.
Old 28th September 2010, 15:13   #1849
BANNED

Delhi wasn't born with metro. It came one day. Metro will also come one day in Bangalore. To see the metro, you were on time in Delhi. You are bit early in Bangalore.
Quote:
Well You need to have Metro to travel on!!!!
Well, they are your fellow countrymen
Quote:
If Bangalore had a VD of 1 / sq KM, it would still remain same with pot holes more than roads and corrupt officers looking out for some bucks to buy their children pencils and rubbers.
Old 28th September 2010, 15:59   #1850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Once you get onto ORR from Sarjapur Road, you can continue on the service road till Bellandur , then take a left turn near Bellandur junction. Take a right turn at the dead end of this road and keep following this road along the lake side ( you have to cross 2 small bridges on the lake ). Then you need to take a right turn when you see a big wall ahead of you ( this is the Old airport boundary). Keep following this road and you will reach Logica CMG and then the Old Airport road. Turn right to get onto the Old Airport Road towards Marathahalli.

Now instead of going straight to Marathahalli, take the first left turn just opposite to the Petrol bunk. Keep going on this road and you will eventually meet the ORR near the place where the vehicles going to Whitefield take a U - turn. This will save you a lot of head ache on the ORR and the traffic is mostly light ( although you might have to wait for a little while near the bridge on the lake , nothing too bad though ).
I will see if i can post a map of the route.
Continuing on my previous post, here is the map of the route:
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-bellandur.jpg
Old 28th September 2010, 16:09   #1851
BHPian

Quote:
Very nice, Thanks.
Is this left turn just before the Bellandur junction? I hope its not at the junction, thats a mess anyway!
Old 28th September 2010, 16:51   #1852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Very nice, Thanks.
Is this left turn just before the Bellandur junction? I hope its not at the junction, thats a mess anyway!
The turn is at the junction, but if you want to avoid that junction, you can take a left near the Shobha apartments, but the way is a bit tricky there.

Once you take the Shobha Apartments road, go to the end, then turn left and then take the first right. At the end, turn right and after you go a bit further, you will find a very small gap between apartments on the left side( this gap is just enough for one car to go, so if there is a car coming from the opposite direction, you will have to wait ). The road from here is not good for around 500 metres and you will have to go very slowly, but once you are through this stretch, you will meet the same route that i had posted earlier and also avoid the troubles near the Bellandur junction.

But the stretch I mentioned does get a bit murky during the rains.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-shobha-apt.jpg

Last edited by Newpunter : 28th September 2010 at 16:58.
Old 28th September 2010, 17:51   #1853
BHPian

Quote:
Well, now I know why Bangalore is this.

Dude, if the population is more, the infrastructure should be built in a way to manage the population - LIKE MANY OTHER STATES IN INDIA.

By your rule, if there is too much of population in the jail, there will be no rule there . Stop thinking this was an appoint few more jailers..!!!!

Got the solution?
reducing crime rate is the ultimate solution.
I was just posting my views.
In theory there may be many options.But when it comes to practical implementation, all those may not work.

As someone posted earlier, unless we all get that discipline as part of life , we all will continue with the our way of driving,jumping the queue and all.
Old 28th September 2010, 19:11   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
The turn is at the junction, but if you want to avoid that junction, you can take a left near the Shobha apartments, but the way is a bit tricky there.

But the stretch I mentioned does get a bit murky during the rains.
Thanks a lot bud, will definitely give a try and see how it helps.
Old 28th September 2010, 23:23   #1855
BHPian

I feel really fatigued when I am on my bike. I've done 800kms / day riding on my bike from Tumkur-Pune in 15 hours but I can't stand more than 2-3 hours of city / congested road riding.

If the route/destination favours me I always use the Volvo a/c city buses to commute whenever I am in bangalore. Saves me from the hassle of inhaling the pollution in the air, having to ride the bike myself, doesn't waste fuel as most of the time in jams its not easy to predict when to turn off the engine. Esp with my 220 which doesn't have a kick starter I can't drain the battery off with repeated starts.

I kinda feel blessed I live in tumkur and can enjoy my 220, gunning it on the highway. If I were in bangalore I'd have opted for a Dio/Aviator as its much much more relaxing to ride.

I hope the metro construction / ring road & other flyovers are completed sooner as the bottleneck formed at those places make you cringe for have to drive / ride yourself.

Now on the better part.
I must say the tolled flyovers from Nelmangala to Jalahalli crossing have been completed very fast and I am impressed with the work as roads are really good all the way (sans some crowded places where truckers / pedestrian crossings are there )

It doesn't fatigue me anymore If I travel from Tumkur to Bangalore on my bike. Only grouse is that almost every stretch of highway is now getting tolled, which I don't really support. Good thing most of the highways are exempted for bikes (except NICE road, where even the bike toll is atrociously high.) Also I recently went on the Electronic city flyover on hosur road which was a breeze to use
Old 29th September 2010, 09:04   #1856
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that Newpunter!!

I tried this route yesterday. Though it seemed longer, it was nice and peaceful drive, compared to ORR.

Some road-work is going on in the last stretch and the road condition is poor for about 1 km. Otherwise lot better then the chaotic ORR.
Old 29th September 2010, 11:08   #1857
Senior - BHPian

From my home to Main road (near BTM bustand junction) is about 500 mtrs. It took cool 50 minutes today morning around 9.
Old 29th September 2010, 11:16   #1858
BHPian

Yesterday by Car it took me 1 hours 20 minutes to reach office.

Today I thought of taking my bike, and reached in 1 hours 10 minutes.

Distance from my home to office is 10 KMS EXACT. I can't believe I commuted to office at a speed less than 10KMPH.
To Bangalore and it patriots.
Old 29th September 2010, 11:21   #1859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday by Car it took me 1 hours 20 minutes to reach office.

Today I thought of taking my bike, and reached in 1 hours 10 minutes.

Distance from my home to office is 10 KMS EXACT. I can't believe I commuted to office at a speed less than 10KMPH.
To Bangalore and it patriots.
Maybe you're riding you bike like you drive your car. A bike can get into gaps and crawl further than cars while standing.

For my 12km commute, car takes 1 hour and bike takes 30-40 mins!
Old 29th September 2010, 11:32   #1860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Maybe you're riding you bike like you drive your car. A bike can get into gaps and crawl further than cars while standing.

For my 12km commute, car takes 1 hour and bike takes 30-40 mins!
I know what you are talking about. Fill in the gaps? Criss cross cars, block other people's way, change lanes, ride on foot path and if possible ride on the other side of the road.

Well, you really can't help avoiding the above ways in BANGALORE but I avoid as much as I can because I know the pain for the car drivers when some biker cuts their way or blocks them. I understand this because I go to office by car - 20 days and by bike - 1 day

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks