Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2010, 18:39   #1906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
^^
I parked the car infront of showroom on saturday. I did not see any 'NO PARKING' sign infront of the building.
Even I dint find any board. But the inspector madam said that everyday she fines ppl who park there and the security is aware of that. She also gave me a BlackBerry receipt. This was around 7pm on Saturday.
Old 15th November 2010, 19:36   #1907
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
Just about an hour back.

On the flyover near Agara lake, coming from HSR towards Sarjapur, saw a Volvo coming from the opposite direction. Was horrified to see the huge bus coming on at that speed on a damn one-way flyover.

For a second, thought about blocking his path cost him the time he tried to save. But, too risky.

So much for all the hoopola in the papers recently about how only the A-list drivers are chosen for Volvo duty.

Its really such a helpless situation here on our roads.

Grin & bear it ?
I travel 2 hrs a day in the Volvos and during the entire journey to and fro office, I pray the driver does not cause an accident.

Almost all of them drive like its an empty road;

They change lanes as they please and in alarming time and distance to,
- pick up passengers
- overtake

They have no respect for the vehicle when it goes through potholes and speedbrakers. I'm sure the suspension msut be going for a toss.

They accelerate like its a damn Ferrari and brake so hard, I'm surprised so few people bang into them.

To sum it up, I'll quote my friend "Whenever I see a Volvo on the road, I ensure I'm not in a 20 feet radius".

The drivers have such a nice piece of engine to drive, they completely ruin it!
Old 28th November 2010, 07:45   #1908
Team-BHP Support

Folks,

Has the work on the ORR at JP Nagar, got completed? Can one go straight on ORR all the way without any diversions?
Old 28th November 2010, 10:17   #1909
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday, at around 8 pm, I was on 100 Ft Road Indiranagar. Sometimes, I regret finding myself on that road as it can get very messy, especially at some junctions like the 6th Main turning and the 12th Main junction.

But yesterday, I turned into CMH Road after getting through the 2km 100 FT Road stretch with a smile on my face! For the first time, I felt that the traffic was not chaotic, but organized, despite the road being chock-a-block with cars!

People followed lane-discipline. No one jumped the signals. People who needed to continue straight on 100 Ft Road at the 6th Main turning, promptly switched on their left-indicators in order to switch to the left lane and allow those turning into 6th Main - a free lane! Generally, one can hear a lot of abuses being thrown around at this junction because people want their way all the time. But yesterday, it looked like a well-oiled machine!

Apart from a few annoying two-wheelers, the drive was absolutely smooth and fantastic!
Old 28th November 2010, 11:30   #1910
BHPian

from the traffic reports that i receive from the BTP, I've heard the CMH road is now open for 2 way traffic, is this true?
and also, I got a message saying Agara Flyover is now open for traffic, can anyone tell me where this is??
Any idea when the tumkur road flyover towards nelamangala will open? It's been ready forever, just waiting to be opened!
and the metro coaches have arrived!! just a matter of time before the first stretch begins right?!
Old 28th November 2010, 12:37   #1911
BHPian

Raghav,
Yes, the CMH road is now open for 2-way traffic. Had been there 2 days back.
But the road is not laid properly - lot bumpy. Hope they are planning to.
Old 29th November 2010, 06:58   #1912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Folks,

Has the work on the ORR at JP Nagar, got completed? Can one go straight on ORR all the way without any diversions?
The stretch I think is not open yet but most of the times they allow you to go straight through the side lanes.

But sometimes it is blocked too.

Let me know if you are passing through that area and need alternate directions.
Old 29th November 2010, 08:54   #1913
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
from the traffic reports that i receive from the BTP, I've heard the CMH road is now open for 2 way traffic, is this true?
and also, I got a message saying Agara Flyover is now open for traffic, can anyone tell me where this is??
Any idea when the tumkur road flyover towards nelamangala will open? It's been ready forever, just waiting to be opened!
and the metro coaches have arrived!! just a matter of time before the first stretch begins right?!
agara flyover is between HSR Layout and Sarjapur Rd. There are 2 flyovers there, for each side..
one side (going from HSR) was opened coupla months ago.. the opposite side is opened now..
Old 10th December 2010, 14:56   #1914
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Just yesterday, I was casually discussing with a friend that if we needed to take some action to get something done(i was actually talking about the Tumkur road flyover till nelamangala) which has been ready for a couple of months now, but wasn't opened, because it was a dead investment, as it was ready, and they aren't charging toll, atleast once they open it up for traffic, they'd be able to charge toll for it!) who do we need to write to? I was thinking of the traffic commissioner, BBMP commissioner from the top of my head, and he was like, unless you have the influence or a group of people to support you, It might not be much use, I thought about it practically, agreed and kept quiet
Much to my surprise today, I received two messages from the bangalore traffic police.
1) the ring road is open from sumanahalli and nayandahalli is open for traffic(If its the intersection i'm thinking it is, I can travel from mysore road to yeshwantpur very easily now in just about 10kms i believe)
and
2) the peenya elevated road is open for traffic!! Just when i was thinking about how to make a difference
Cheers to whoever's responsible
p.s-The static testing of the metro just commenced at the bypanahalli depot last week, Hopeful of progess on that front in the near future as well!
Who knew, Bangalore traffic just may improve!

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 10th December 2010 at 19:33. Reason: Please stick to the 2-smileys-per-post rule. Thanks.
Old 18th December 2010, 00:26   #1915
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

One of the main roads inside HSR layout, has been dug up for no reason. Its a smooth stretch of good road.

I don't why the road is cut in rectangular sections all of a sudden, last night these "cuts" weren't there. Thanks to these cuts in the road now I have an bent alloy!
Old 18th December 2010, 07:26   #1916
BHPian

Owners of new constructions dig up roads to connect the water pipes and then conveniently forget to patch it up. And even if they do, it will just some soil over it. Come next rain, you have a muddy field there.

Similarly, buildings under construction simply dump all the materials on the public road. None seems to be complaining and the authorities turn blind.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2010, 11:17   #1917
Senior - BHPian

Wait, let me post pics of this road and what kind of digging was done over night.

Its hilarious man, how can people be so stupid!
Old 18th December 2010, 14:37   #1918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I travel 2 hrs a day in the Volvos and during the entire journey to and fro office, I pray the driver does not cause an accident.

Almost all of them drive like its an empty road;

They change lanes as they please and in alarming time and distance to,
- pick up passengers
- overtake

They have no respect for the vehicle when it goes through potholes and speedbrakers. I'm sure the suspension msut be going for a toss.

They accelerate like its a damn Ferrari and brake so hard, I'm surprised so few people bang into them.

To sum it up, I'll quote my friend "Whenever I see a Volvo on the road, I ensure I'm not in a 20 feet radius".

The drivers have such a nice piece of engine to drive, they completely ruin it!
when the city Volvo's were first introduced and up to a few years later, the drivers of these buses were decent; never over-speeding, wrongful overtaking, unnecessary honking etc., but now, they're the daredevils on the road! i've seen Volvo drivers taking on the phone while driving. the other day on my way to office, at the Ejipura signal, saw a Volvo creep into a space that it would barely fit - nudging the other vehicles out of its way. have a picture of that somewhere.
Old 20th December 2010, 14:06   #1919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
One of the main roads inside HSR layout, has been dug up for no reason. Its a smooth stretch of good road.

I don't why the road is cut in rectangular sections all of a sudden, last night these "cuts" weren't there. Thanks to these cuts in the road now I have an bent alloy!
Which Main/Cross in HSR ? 27th Main was horribly dug up couple of weeks back.
Old 20th December 2010, 15:07   #1920
Senior - BHPian

This was on 19th Main. Now they even filled up the parts which they had dug the very next day.

What was the point in digging it up in the first place I don't get it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks