Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2010, 15:16   #1921
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
Just yesterday, I was casually discussing with a friend that if we needed to take some action to get something done(i was actually talking about the Tumkur road flyover till nelamangala) which has been ready for a couple of months now, but wasn't opened, because it was a dead investment, as it was ready, and they aren't charging toll, atleast once they open it up for traffic, they'd be able to charge toll for it!) who do we need to write to? I was thinking of the traffic commissioner, BBMP commissioner from the top of my head, and he was like, unless you have the influence or a group of people to support you, It might not be much use, I thought about it practically, agreed and kept quiet
Much to my surprise today, I received two messages from the bangalore traffic police.
1) the ring road is open from sumanahalli and nayandahalli is open for traffic(If its the intersection i'm thinking it is, I can travel from mysore road to yeshwantpur very easily now in just about 10kms i believe)
and
2) the peenya elevated road is open for traffic!! Just when i was thinking about how to make a difference
Cheers to whoever's responsible
p.s-The static testing of the metro just commenced at the bypanahalli depot last week, Hopeful of progess on that front in the near future as well!
Who knew, Bangalore traffic just may improve!
+1 to that.I sent a similar note to the traffic police about the gross misuse of the service road on Hosur road(Electronic city)
And guess what,in 24 hours,the metal barriers were in place to prevent people from criss crossing.
We dont provide enough kudos to the cops when they do a good job.
Way to go Bengaluru Police
Old 21st December 2010, 17:22   #1922
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
This was on 19th Main. Now they even filled up the parts which they had dug the very next day.

What was the point in digging it up in the first place I don't get it!
They had dug this up a little bit to make it a little deeper. If they fill it up without digging deeper, the tar would come off easily in just a few days. So they need to ensure that it is a few inches deep, and also that there is no sand/gravel.

However, i am totally with you on how they hardly have any notice boards asking you to go slow or watchout ...
Old 29th December 2010, 20:51   #1923
Team-BHP Support

Can't wait for the Metro to be completed. The to-and-fro daily drive for work is maddening, and leads to unnecessary stress. But going by the speed of implementation, it would be a good 2-3 years before namma metro becomes fully operational.
Old 29th December 2010, 21:04   #1924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Can't wait for the Metro to be completed. The to-and-fro daily drive for work is maddening, and leads to unnecessary stress. But going by the speed of implementation, it would be a good 2-3 years before namma metro becomes fully operational.
Whatever it is man. I really wish the corporation and the state government good luck. It is a good initiative actually towards problem solving. I sincerely wish and hope that it ends to the misery of the commoner (me) and the patients requiring immediate medical attention and the pregnant lady who should not deliver in an ambulance on the road.

If I can and if the route is available I will take the metro and subtract 1 vehicle on the road.
Old 29th December 2010, 21:48   #1925
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Whatever it is man. I really wish the corporation and the state government good luck. It is a good initiative actually towards problem solving. I sincerely wish and hope that it ends to the misery of the commoner (me) and the patients requiring immediate medical attention and the pregnant lady who should not deliver in an ambulance on the road.

If I can and if the route is available I will take the metro and subtract 1 vehicle on the road.
Me too. I'd rather save my energy for work than spend it all getting stressed in a grid-lock everyday.

My car would love me for it too, I guess.
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:16   #1926
BHPian

Driving in Bangalore is bit OK nowadays. Other than the infrastructure issues as in Mysore road, behavior of drivers have improved a lot. Hope it is not just the cold weather that is mellowing everyone down.
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:24   #1927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartin View Post
Driving in Bangalore is bit OK nowadays. Other than the infrastructure issues as in Mysore road, behavior of drivers have improved a lot. Hope it is not just the cold weather that is mellowing everyone down.
+1 to that.
Of late, people have started using indicators to change lanes also!!
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:25   #1928
BHPian

^^ new year resolutions to drive properly? ;-)
Old 3rd January 2011, 13:31   #1929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
^^ new year resolutions to drive properly? ;-)
Could be but i started noticing this change since mid of last month i think.

Another possibility is that when others see me using indicators (i have started using indicators religiously for any change in car's direction since last month) they also catch on?
Old 3rd January 2011, 14:25   #1930
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartin View Post
I would attribute it to the holiday season that was going on. Many people were on holiday, and thereby translated to lesser vehicles on the roads, resulting in lower traffic jams and waiting time and consequently reduced tension.

I find that driving around the city on a Sunday is a pleasure, thanks to reduced vehicles on the roads, and more people who drive sensibly as a result. However, add a couple of maniac yellow boards to the equation, and chaos rules once again.
Old 3rd January 2011, 14:35   #1931
BHPian

Yeah things are back to "normal" today, with everyone back from their holidays :( .
Old 3rd January 2011, 18:35   #1932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

I find that driving around the city on a Sunday is a pleasure, thanks to reduced vehicles on the roads, and more people who drive sensibly as a result. However, add a couple of maniac yellow boards to the equation, and chaos rules once again.
I completely agree with that..I can keep on driving on sunday as compared to any other day of the week! whatever said an done, its alot better than other days
and i read in the paper today, there's a increase by 700% of bus passes in volvo buses on bus day which reduces pollution levels by upto 10% at major junctions on which these buses ply, results in more revenue for the buses and reduced traffic on the particular stretches! hyderabad is trying to emulate the concept
Cheers to bangalore!
Old 3rd January 2011, 19:01   #1933
Senior - BHPian

traffic police letting people go on the wrong side to ease the traffic on the Banaswadi flyover. i believe people get used to this habit and then drive on the wrong side of the road irrespective of a cop being there or not! many of the traffic jams are caused because of people driving on the wrong side!

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dsc00830.jpg
Old 3rd January 2011, 22:31   #1934
BANNED

If you switch on your headlights in Bangalore you can get away with murder.
Old 3rd January 2011, 22:43   #1935
BHPian

Once, several years ago, in Bangalore a bunch of vehicles - 4 and 2 wheelers alike - coming on the wrong side of the median pushed me to the side. I was on a 2 wheeler. When confronted, all of them pounced on me as if I was on the wrong. I always believe that one should never be concessional; for today's concessions would be tomorrow's rights! Much in line with that belief, nowadays, none of the wrong-siders feel anything wrong in driving that way! Very unfortunate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks