Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2011, 23:49   #1936
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcars View Post
I always believe that one should never be concessional; for today's concessions would be tomorrow's rights! Much in line with that belief, nowadays, none of the wrong-siders feel anything wrong in driving that way! Very unfortunate.
Err..Sorry but, we have reached so far in Bangalore and other cities where people drive where they wish as a part of the concessions allowed by the enforcers themselves. Had it been nipped from the bud, we wouldn't have seen so many cases that we see today. Yeah like you said, it will become a norm as days pass when a college kid will look at you puzzled when asked why are you riding in the wrong side of a lane.
Old 4th January 2011, 10:08   #1937
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

^^ i think that already is the case - most people on our roads have no clue what they are doing anyway!
Old 6th January 2011, 10:57   #1938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
i have started using indicators religiously for any change in car's direction since last month
Sigh. I knew it was too good to last. Too many jams on the way to work made me lose my religion
Old 6th January 2011, 11:03   #1939
Senior - BHPian

I see this happen everyday, there comes a 90 degree turn so a 4 wheeler needs to go a bit wide and then turn in. Why do some idiots on two wheels think its an opportunity for them to take the inside line and take the turn!

I mean did they keep their common sense at home when they started, now not only is this risky for the 4 wheeler taking the turn. But also the 2/4 wheel behind the car taking the turn. Incase the 2wheeler guy is not ballsy enough to make the turn, panic braking starts and now the 2/4wheeler behind has to compensate for somebody else's stupidity!

How Stupid!! When will people really learn!
Old 6th January 2011, 11:31   #1940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
I see this happen everyday, there comes a 90 degree turn so a 4 wheeler needs to go a bit wide and then turn in.
What i do when i have to turn left is that i stick to the left most side of the road before the turn, with no space for a two wheeler to squeeze in. This only means that i need to go a few inches further into the road that i intend to turn into, than if i had left some gap. Since its not an 18 wheeler that i am driving, i can afford to do this.
Old 6th January 2011, 12:15   #1941
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What i do when i have to turn left is that i stick to the left most side of the road before the turn, with no space for a two wheeler to squeeze in. This only means that i need to go a few inches further into the road that i intend to turn into, than if i had left some gap. Since its not an 18 wheeler that i am driving, i can afford to do this.
This will work if the road you are entering is a one way. However, if it is a two-way, you risk a crash thanks to morons who speed onto a main road without looking.

This morning i almost saw a school bus which was rushing towards the Sarjapur main road from a side road take off the front of an Alto in a similar scenario.
Old 6th January 2011, 12:22   #1942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even I try and do that as much possible, but I commute to work on bike and every time happens I need to do panic braking to accommodate for a morons stupidity! Sometimes I feel I should not be so accommodating, I should stick to my line and let the moron suffer the consequences!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
This will work if the road you are entering is a one way. However, if it is a two-way, you risk a crash thanks to morons who speed onto a main road without looking.

This morning i almost saw a school bus which was rushing towards the Sarjapur main road from a side road take off the front of an Alto in a similar scenario.
Very true, especially during the office hours where people speed up the moment see a bit of open road, entering the turn even a bit in someone else's lane is pretty risky!
Old 6th January 2011, 12:50   #1943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Wrong. I dont mean you go into the path of oncoming traffic on the other side.
This wont work only for small lanes around Chickpet. or if you dont know where your rear left wheel is
Old 6th January 2011, 15:41   #1944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
I see this happen everyday, there comes a 90 degree turn so a 4 wheeler needs to go a bit wide and then turn in. Why do some idiots on two wheels think its an opportunity for them to take the inside line and take the turn!
Well, most of the time I also make this stupid mistake. , on the narrow, chalagata road side enterance to EGL campus. But cant help it! Those highly intelligent car/suv driver first go towards the right and then suddenly take the left turn. All this without using any indicators.

So far almost every time, I have got an impression that they are turning right. May be, its idiotic to expect indicator usage from these highly evolved species.

Regards,
Old 6th January 2011, 16:00   #1945
Senior - BHPian

All thanks to a moron, i narrowly missed being hit by a BMTC bus today on the way to work. I was riding to work as usual.
The bus was in the left lane and this splendor cuts across from behind the bus in the left lane to the right to overtake the bus. I allow the splendor into the right lane since i was in the right lane, as he seemed in a hurry and continued behind him.
Now the BMTC bus driver decides that he wants to move into the right lane without any indication/hand signal. There is a divider to my right and the bus on the left trying to push me into the divider in spite of repeated honks. I drop a gear and accelerate to clear the bus as the splendor guy has moved ahead of the bus and there is nowhere else for me to go.
All of a sudden the moron on the splendor slows down and starts checking his mobile totally unaware of the situation behind him. The BMTC driver finally yielded a bit which allowed me to pass the bus without any event.
Phew!! Narrow escape.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 6th January 2011 at 16:09.
Old 6th January 2011, 16:06   #1946
Senior - BHPian

^^ Abhinav, if there is a two wheeler between my car and the next 4 wheeler, i always assume that someone will come in between.

But there is nothing more annoying than a two wheeler checking his cellphone while riding.
Old 6th January 2011, 16:30   #1947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But there is nothing more annoying than a two wheeler checking his cellphone while riding.
Totally agree and the bit quoted above is what cheesed me off. He was maintaining a good speed of about 40-45kmph and suddenly dropped to 20kmph due to the cellphone endangering himself as well as me coming behind him!!
Old 6th January 2011, 16:49   #1948
BANNED

One moron dropped his cell phone after he had finished his call while riding. I was on the side of the road (pedestrian) waiting to cross. The Scorpio guy who went over it, didn't even realize what he crushed below his wheels.
Old 6th January 2011, 16:57   #1949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
All thanks to a moron, i narrowly missed being hit by a BMTC bus today on the way to work. I was riding to work as usual.
The bus was in the left lane and this splendor cuts across from behind the bus in the left lane to the right to overtake the bus. I allow the splendor into the right lane since i was in the right lane, as he seemed in a hurry and continued behind him.
Now the BMTC bus driver decides that he wants to move into the right lane without any indication/hand signal. There is a divider to my right and the bus on the left trying to push me into the divider in spite of repeated honks. I drop a gear and accelerate to clear the bus as the splendor guy has moved ahead of the bus and there is nowhere else for me to go.
All of a sudden the moron on the splendor slows down and starts checking his mobile totally unaware of the situation behind him. The BMTC driver finally yielded a bit which allowed me to pass the bus without any event.
Phew!! Narrow escape.
Woo..That was close.I wonder why people try such acrobatics while riding a 2 wheeler.A stone on the road can throw them off balance(Especially when the concentration is on the mobile phone) and then tragedy can strike anytime.We need more civic sense on the roads
Old 6th January 2011, 16:58   #1950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
One moron dropped his cell phone after he had finished his call while riding. I was on the side of the road (pedestrian) waiting to cross. The Scorpio guy who went over it, didn't even realize what he crushed below his wheels.
If I'd gotten a chance, I would've congratulated the Scorp guy for the noble deed that he's done unknowingly. I'm sure the moron who dropped the phone would think twice before he talks and rides (or rides and talks) again.

@abhinav.s: That was close. Really close. Wish that Splendor guy also have his mobile get under the wheels of some vehicle, and learn a lesson.

Last edited by silversteed : 6th January 2011 at 17:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks