Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2011, 11:51   #2011
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

the traffic police. I got fined for turning on green; i was making a right turn on maleswaram 18th cross on A FREAKING GREEN light and the guy decides to pull me over and fine me. I gave him a piece of his mind, told him in a pretty angry voice it was green and that they need to work on their signal timing! I dont care if its a 100 bucks, its the principle. These guys are pulling over people who havent done anything wrong. He started coming at me, so i just took off. The cop was like.."Give respect!" Yeah these idiots dont deserve one iota of it. So guys be careful on 18th cross, you could get cited for doing something perfectly legal

Last edited by bblost : 13th January 2011 at 12:09. Reason: Post edited as it contained multiple smileys. Also please avoid the use of bad language. Thanks.
CaliAtenza is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th January 2011, 12:01   #2012
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

@CaliAtenza : After a few days, do check online on the BTIS site for any pending fines on the vehicle you were driving. You would most certainly find an offense against it. They would certainly have noted down your registration number.

You were better off stopping and discussing with them on the spot.
Old 13th January 2011, 12:58   #2013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@CaliAtenza : After a few days, do check online on the BTIS site for any pending fines on the vehicle you were driving. You would most certainly find an offense against it. They would certainly have noted down your registration number.

You were better off stopping and discussing with them on the spot.
I paid the fine, i have the receipt (as well as the citing officer's name and rank stamped on it). I discussed it on the spot, they didnt buy any of it. All the while, there was about 3 or 4 vehicles behind me that also turned on the green signal, but they didnt cite any of those people. They singled me out for god knows what reason. Anyways, i one of the circle DGPs locally, so i will take it up with him after i get back from home (California). Its not right man, someone needs to stand up to these guys. The Police are supposed to "Protect and Serve", not harrass you or fine you for following the law or doing something perfectly legal.
Old 13th January 2011, 14:01   #2014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
The Police are supposed to "Protect and Serve", not harrass you or fine you for following the law or doing something perfectly legal.
Protect and Serve happens in the US (as advertised on the black and white cruisers). here its Extort and Harass! welcome to India > Karnataka > Bangalore
Old 13th January 2011, 14:23   #2015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KishoreC View Post
Or may be Figo's seats are too good and feel like sofa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Rocky - Thats some relief from reading typical/boring rants on this thread. May be that guy/couple is homeless!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
that's the best you could come up with?

maybe he thought the sun film protected him both from the sun and prying eyes. he forgot that the windshield didn't have any!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Maybe the guy was dropping his wife/GF to office after his night shift..
Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
More love, less rage! After all the road rage news - this is change!
Quote:
hehe.. that's a rant

i should have been there and we'd have 'em pictures all over this thread as an example of what not to do at a traffic signal j/k

PS: i liked your old avatar.
guys. Yeah it was a refreshing change, until the flirt turned gross! Guilty as charged - it was a rant indeed. I have had flirting sessions in the car, but my girlfriend was smart enough to do it under dark in a secluded place

Anil, i know whom to call when I see the couple again. Danbo (my old avatar) has taken a break from TBhp. (smiley)

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 13th January 2011 at 14:25.
Old 13th January 2011, 15:16   #2016
Distinguished - BHPian

I am sure everyone has read about the latest road-rage case in Delhi where the jet pilot ran over the hotel manager. I just had a few questions/doubts that I wanted to ask you guys.

Is this media trial justified? I mean the police has already been put under so much pressure to declare that the accused is indeed guilty. The initial reports clearly mentioned that the deceased first started fighting with the accused and started slapping him. The poor guy tried to save himself by just driving off. And in all this commotion the deceased got hit by the car's rear and fell down and suffered some fatal head injury. This was also confirmed by one of the parking attendants.

Now my question is judging from this:
1. Is the accused really guilty when all he was trying to do was save himself.
2. Just for some TRP ratings the media goes on with its constant rant against this guy. Shouldn't we then just abolish our judicial system? Or should we bring in some rules to curb this growing menace?

I am in no means trying to defend the accused here. But these past 1-2 years its become so irritating with the media just jumping on every such case and sensationalizing it.

Also last but not the least what is a person supposed to do in such circumstances. I personally try to avoid any confrontation at all. Infact twice in last 6 months my car was banged in from the rear. Once when it was parked on the road side and once when I was on a signal. But each time I didnt even get down and rather just choose to drive away peacefully. Its a different thing that I had to shell out 12k for the dent repairing and stuff. But if the other person is so hell bent on beating you up then what should one do? Use Pepper spray may be ?

If this does not merit discussion on this thread then mods please delete it.
Old 13th January 2011, 15:19   #2017
Senior - BHPian

@Rocky
Ford ads say "Go Fida", "Feel the Difference", "Bursting with Substance". So we cant blame them!

Last edited by Latheesh : 13th January 2011 at 15:21.
Old 13th January 2011, 15:24   #2018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
@Rocky
Ford ads say "Go Fida", "Feel the Difference", "Bursting with Substance". So we cant blame them!
he went with the second one
Old 13th January 2011, 15:57   #2019
BHPian

@IronH4WK: Nop dude, he musty have been "Bursting with Substance" within, which is why he forgot about the surroundings and Bursted out

Quote:
he went with the second one
Old 13th January 2011, 16:15   #2020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
@IronH4WK: Nop dude, he musty have been "Bursting with Substance" within, which is why he forgot about the surroundings and Bursted out
got one better - they were bursting with substance and wanted to feel the difference hence decided to go fida

we're seriously going OT
Old 13th January 2011, 16:43   #2021
BHPian

He was rather "Feeling" the difference when he felt a sudden urge to "Go" fidaaaa and wound up "bursting" with substance !
Old 13th January 2011, 18:06   #2022
Team-BHP Support

The MODS, although entertained, are not gonna be amused by the recent rant!
Old 15th January 2011, 19:46   #2023
BHPian

Well I had another sighting on Thursday evening, this time at the Hosa Road junction. This time the couple were just exchanging some flirty smooches and looks, in a KA regd Black Santro (stopped in front of mine).
Old 22nd January 2011, 15:42   #2024
BHPian

This how people turn here in Bangalore, A premium passat owner wants to take a right from the left lane and the indica guy wants to turn left from the right most lane. The yellow circle shows the turn signal blinking.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-new.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2011, 17:43   #2025
Team-BHP Support

Akshay: Unfortunate, but happens regularly. Even traffic jams are made worse by such people, as they try to sneak left to right or vice-versa.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks