Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2011, 23:07   #2026
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
This how people turn here in Bangalore, ...
I can see a "left-turn prohibited" sign; however, from the picture I can't figure out if it's meant for the traffic on the road the said cars are on or for that on the road perpendicular to the one they are on. Any idea?
Old 23rd January 2011, 00:13   #2027
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcars View Post
I can see a "left-turn prohibited" sign; however, from the picture I can't figure out if it's meant for the traffic on the road the said cars are on or for that on the road perpendicular to the one they are on. Any idea?
That board is a 'no free left turn' sign. The pic seems to be at a Red-signal (observe signal at top right of pic and immediate left of the cars). The Jetta wants to go right, the Indica left. Both in the wrong lane w.r.t. where they want to go.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd January 2011 at 00:28.
Old 23rd January 2011, 13:19   #2028
BHPian

Quote:
The board says "No free left turn" Left turn is allowed when the signal goes green, The board applies to the traffic on the road where the jetta and the indica is stopped.

I was pointing out about how the cars wanted to turn from wrong "lanes"
Old 23rd January 2011, 15:54   #2029
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
This how people turn here in Bangalore, A premium passat owner wants to take a right from the left lane and the indica guy wants to turn left from the right most lane. The yellow circle shows the turn signal blinking.

Akshay,is the location Attiguppe signal where you shot this pic?If so,it usually happens a lot at that signal
Old 23rd January 2011, 18:49   #2030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Akshay,is the location Attiguppe signal where you shot this pic?If so,it usually happens a lot at that signal
Yes, the junction next to Bharat petroleum fuel station.
Old 25th January 2011, 22:45   #2031
BHPian

Spotted this stunt in a service road near my office.

Snap 01 shows the duo entering a one way road (thankfully no traffic towards them) at a high speed which was quite too fast for this stunt.

Snap 02 in the service road and Snap 03 is just before they take the left turn at the dead end and they almost lost balance here. I think had they fallen off there they would have fell on some vehicle coming down that road.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imag0023.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imag0024.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imag0025.jpg  

Old 26th January 2011, 09:00   #2032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post

On a lighter note, loads of matter on the head but apparently nothing inside it
Old 26th January 2011, 09:07   #2033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post

Snap 01 shows the duo entering a one way road (thankfully no traffic towards them) at a high speed which was quite too fast for this stunt.

Snap 02 in the service road .
In the photos, the car seems to be entering The same road , which the bikers took & following them.. , entering a one way street !
Old 26th January 2011, 09:20   #2034

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
How many times have you noticed the following drama in your city :

A traffic cop catches a violator. The first reaction of the culprit is that he is innocent - he didn't do it. If the cop can prove that he has indeed violatd the rule, the second line of defence would be that even though he has done it, someone else is actually responsible and he actually got victimized or he is one of many who violated the rule and it is unfair to catch only him. If that also doesn't work out, then the final line of defence would be to lower the punishment to minimum possible - mercy or bribe.

At every traffic junction, if you see a cop talking to a culprit, in most cases, the discussions follow the above line. This wastes valuable time for the cop who could have caught more culprits if these unnecessary discussions could have been avoided.

This is not only seen on the road, if you notice, you will find this behavior pattern in most cases where someone is caught by the system. Indians don't own up their mistakes. They always tend to deflect. Many US managers complain that the biggest problem they see with Indian employees is that they don't communicate bad news fast enough while they are very quick to give good news. Mgmt is more interested in hearing bad news faster but Indians are always scared of discussing goof-ups with higher ups.

This also is related to how we are brought up. Since childhood, we are encouraged (indirectly) to hide our mistakes and wrongdoings as there is no reward in confessing but there may be punishment. This pattern gets etched into our subconscious so deeply that life-long we can't own up any of our wrongdoings.
I completely agree. most of them always try to find a reason and hide behind it rather than owning their mistake and be responsible not to repeat them again.
Old 26th January 2011, 10:32   #2035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
In the photos, the car seems to be entering The same road , which the bikers took & following them.. , entering a one way street !
Yes it is a one way street. That is the direction for traffic to move in that road. I was saying that it was a good thing that it was a one way road without any oncoming traffic towards them.
Old 26th January 2011, 13:18   #2036
BHPian

Fox,

Thats a fantastic video you have posted here.

i was watching it, not a single guy stops before the pedestrain crossing. Everyone stops on the crossing. The traffic waiting for the signal look so shabby and dirty. No lane following, nothing, just keep sneaking in whereever you find little space.

This will not change for a very longtime to come.
Old 27th January 2011, 22:56   #2037
Senior - BHPian

Nice. Was about to post this video when i saw its already up. Some two wheeler videos are outright scary. Shivers down my spine while watching it.

Wish people start following some traffic rules atleast now
Old 1st February 2011, 18:54   #2038
Team-BHP Support

All the 500-series Vajra drivers have gotten this habit; when the waiting time at the Silk board junction (going towards HSR) is >30sec, they took a left, and took the immediate U-turn under the flyover and then took the left to continue on ORR.

Now, the turning radius of a Volvo is huge so they kept on the left lane and then suddenly took the U-turn; not just this, they posed danger further to the oncoming vehicles from Madiwala.

Today morning however, I found a cop guarding that U-turn and he was quite strict with all the Vajra drivers. The bus I was in was into the turn when he spotted it so all he could do was not the no. down but the subsequent buses were not allowed to take the turn.

I hope this remains so and is not just a one-off thing.
Old 1st February 2011, 22:36   #2039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
.... The bus I was in was into the turn when he spotted it so all he could do was not the no. down but the subsequent buses were not allowed to take the turn.

I hope this remains so and is not just a one-off thing.
Taking a left, taking a U-turn and then a left to be back on the road - is that illegal? provided you follow the rules of the road?
Old 1st February 2011, 23:45   #2040
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Taking a left, taking a U-turn and then a left to be back on the road - is that illegal? provided you follow the rules of the road?
Yes it is - because that place is for meant for a U-turn for the opposite lane only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks