Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2011, 14:37   #2071
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Has it something to do with the "Don't buy petrol on 14th" campaign against rising petrol costs?
one can drive around without actually buying petrol if you already have it in your tank.

or was it some sort of Bus Day?
Old 14th February 2011, 15:06   #2072
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
or was it some sort of Bus Day?
Arent they supposed to be on 4th of every month or something like that? Besides, on a bus day you would see more than usual number of buses during rush hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

I am in office.

PS: I am married.
Ditto.
Old 14th February 2011, 15:17   #2073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Extended weekend for the love birds maybe.
so many of them in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Quote:
I am in office.

PS: I am married.
Ditto.
hehe.. ditto x 3
Old 14th February 2011, 15:24   #2074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
so many of them in Bangalore?

hehe.. ditto x 3
I am in office too and looks like I will be working late tonight as well.

P.S : But I am not married.

Last edited by Xryder : 14th February 2011 at 15:36.
Old 14th February 2011, 16:10   #2075
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
I am in office too and looks like I will be working late tonight as well.

P.S : But I am not married.
Thanks for making us feel better

PS: Get married nothing will change anyways.
Old 14th February 2011, 16:17   #2076
BHPian

BTW, noticed very little traffic on the ORR today in the morning as well as afternoon. Moreover, Silk-board and other areas which are normally congested also had free flowing traffic. I doubt it had anything to do with the mass-bunking w.r.t the chain mail nor the extended V'day weekend !

OT :

Quote:
Thanks for making us feel better

PS: Get married nothing will change anyways.
Nothing will change ? Then whats the point ?

You do not go buy a cow when you need milk. Just buy a packet of Milk !
Old 14th February 2011, 17:11   #2077
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this on my way to blore. Near krishnagiri. Although, not in blore, thought this might be the right place. Spotted many such crazy drivers, but only managed to click one.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img00216201102140808.jpg  

Old 14th February 2011, 17:23   #2078
BANNED

Quote:
No wonder you are in office and reporting empty streets on a forum on Valentine's day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Saw this on my way to blore.
This is some scary nonsense. How many times I have faced these morons. Is there no end to this?
Old 14th February 2011, 17:48   #2079
BHPian

Quote:
Saw this on my way to blore. Near krishnagiri. Although, not in blore, thought this might be the right place. Spotted many such crazy drivers, but only managed to click one.
I'd find it strange if anyone found it strange. I myself've have seen 18+ wheeler lorries coming down the wrong side on the Chennai Grand Trunk road, which is supposed to be S.India's 1st 4 lane! On a typical 200km drive, I see at least 25 such vagabonds. And every time, I put down my window and show them my finger and swear at the top of my voice.

EDIT:
All this is perfectly fine on highways, when you have BMTC Volvos coming down the wrong way of Bangalore's one way flyovers.

Last edited by Arkin evoisrevo : 14th February 2011 at 17:49.
Old 14th February 2011, 18:17   #2080
BHPian

Quote:
No wonder you are in office and reporting empty streets on a forum on Valentine's day.
AMEN to that !

Quote:
This is some scary nonsense. How many times I have faced these morons. Is there no end to this?
I concur. I too have seen those morons ply like this quite often. I see no streetlights as well in that snap. Imagine if this happened at night. Most of the time, these guys have only 1 of the headlamps working.
Old 14th February 2011, 19:57   #2081
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, noticed very little traffic on the ORR today in the morning as well as afternoon. Moreover, Silk-board and other areas which are normally congested also had free flowing traffic. I doubt it had anything to do with the mass-bunking w.r.t the chain mail nor the extended V'day weekend !
You got to kidding me... the traffic is just same as other days.

Quote:
That's a cheap joke you copied from the movie "Mirch"
Old 14th February 2011, 20:13   #2082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
in 2008 when were driving home to Thrissur for Christmas, a white Swift passed after Krishnagiri; seemed to be in quite a hurry. few kilometres later, saw that same Swift in the middle of the road banged into a local bus which had come on to the wrong side. it was a minor bump and both drivers were arguing furiously.

i noticed that it was a family travelling in the Swift and there were not injuries. however, had that Swift been a tad more fast, things could have a taken a turn for the worse.
Old 14th February 2011, 21:38   #2083
BHPian

My german collegues were in bangalore last week and they came back to office today in stuttgart.When i asked them what did they think about bangalore traffic he told me that he had never seen such a chaotic formations :-). Also one of the taxi fellow told him that the thumb rule of driving in india is " Dont be on the left of the road , but be on what is left of the road " Sad but it is indeed true and this made my day !!.
Old 14th February 2011, 21:59   #2084
Senior - BHPian

Very true that bangalore traffic is becoming worse day by day and added to that all metro rail construction on the roads is making it all the more chaotic. Traffic sense is totally missing in people nowadays, and its the case with most of the cities in india. If these educated chaps don't have any sense, there is no point in expecting good driving manners from cabbies and rickshaw drivers.
Old 14th February 2011, 22:14   #2085
BHPian

happened last saturday - we were exiting Hotel Janardhan near sivananda circle - as usual the traffic going towards race course had backed up well beyond the hotel and there was no way I was going to get out without someone making way.

After about 5 mins of waiting and a couple of turns of the lights later, a silver lancer approached. the driver stopped well before the exit of the hotel and signalled for me to merge.

Thank you, considerate driver! may your tribe increase

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks