Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2011, 15:03   #2386
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
While that is indeed a good move, have you seen the bottleneck this has created in the evenings? Around 5 PM, the backlog extends all the way till the Dell office on that road!! I Thank God i use the other direction to get out of Whitefield.
I agree! I thank God I work 1 to 10pm so don't get stuck in them!!

Probably they could try something like they normally do in the mornings : have traffic blocked at the IOC Petrol Pump (the one just before SAP) and let the oncoming traffic use both the lanes at Graphite signal. They rarely do it in the evenings. Apart from this, I just don't see another alternative. The road width is probably 1/8th of what should be necessary for the kind of traffic on that road.

Another traffic hold up is about 100m just after the Marathahalli bridge signal (towards Old Airport). There is a median opening and although U-turns are not allowed, everyone merrily does so. Result : there are 2 lanes trying to take a U-turn on that tiny road blocking both their lane and oncoming traffic and also the lane coming from 90-deg left, for whom the median is actually meant for!
Old 28th June 2011, 08:30   #2387
Senior - BHPian

One truck breakdown on bannerghatta road near outer ring road and another on hosur road just after shantinagar signal.
Expect jams.
Old 28th June 2011, 10:34   #2388
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
Here are few more morons today morning at Carmelram. The railway gate was closed. Due to these the vehicles started moving 5 minutes after gate opening

These are private vehicles most probably folks who are graduated (literated), working in some MNC, earning more than they need even if they go late to office! These are examples that other folks who are less fortunate would follow! God save us! or can he?
The very reason why I cycle to work from RGHalli to Wipro Sarjapur almost every weekday now. The 13 km commute takes less than 35 mins on a cycle as compared to nearly 50 mins in a maruti 800.
50 mins because I stay in lane at the crossing, I stay in lane near Varthur and on the narrow Varthur lake bridge.
Old 30th June 2011, 06:49   #2389
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this right in front of me yesterday on Suranjas Das Road near the entrance to C.V.Raman Nagar.
This taxi was just in front of me a minute ago and as we neared the turn to enter C.V.Raman Nagar, I see him on the extreme right bang in front of a truck, the moron wanted to cut across the truck and quickly get in. It would have resulted in a long traffic jam but luckily the Santro in front of me as well as some other vehicles were able to move out of the way a little to let the truck pass. Also notice that there are vehicles coming out of CVRN and there is BWSSB work in progress on the right side so the taxi was partly on the pavement to make way for the truck. This taxi belonged to a leading international hotel chain's new 5-star hotel in Bangalore and seems like they employed the worst of our local drivers. I pity the hotel's guests who use their taxis !

Photo taken with mobile phone, pardon the quality.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-taxi-right.jpg

Last edited by NPV : 30th June 2011 at 06:51.
Old 30th June 2011, 10:34   #2390
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This taxi belonged to a leading international hotel chain's new 5-star hotel in Bangalore and seems like they employed the worst of our local drivers. I pity the hotel's guests who use their taxis !
Can you mention the hotel name and the taxi number if possible. I suspect I know which hotel this is. If so I can get this driver, pay for this.
Old 30th June 2011, 10:52   #2391
Team-BHP Support

^^ Is it Hotel Leela by any chance? I've seen their drivers who drive the Teana and they are horrible.

I was so irritated by they were driving on the way to the new Airport, I almost sent Leela's admin an email.
Old 30th June 2011, 11:17   #2392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Saw this right in front of me yesterday on Suranjas Das Road near the entrance to C.V.Raman Nagar.
There was a similar scene today morning on Jeevan Bhima nagar main road. It was utter chaos. All because, some people just don't have patience. I just hate it when people go on to the other lane and block the oncoming traffic. The worst part is that they just start drifting towards you without any indication when they see oncoming traffic. I hate such morons. Almost got side swiped by one such moron last week near BEML gate
Old 30th June 2011, 12:16   #2393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Can you mention the hotel name and the taxi number if possible. I suspect I know which hotel this is. If so I can get this driver, pay for this.
if i'm not wrong, that looks like one of 'em taxis from Royal Orchid; it isn't 5star though.

got the first part of the registration number - KA-03-A. from the pattern and size of the number plate, looks like there are just two last digits. can't make out much, but looks like 83. so KA-03-A-83?
Old 30th June 2011, 12:22   #2394
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I was so irritated by they were driving on the way to the new Airport, I almost sent Leela's admin an email.
Please do it.

Ms. Bhavana Shah
Asst. PR & Marketing Communications Manager
The Leela Palace Bangalore
23 Airport Road, Bangalore - 560 008.India
Hand Phone No. : + 91 – 99866 18889
Tel No. (Direct): + 91 - 80 - 3057 1190
Tel No. (Hotel) : + 91 - 80 - 3057 1234
Fax No. : + 91 - 80 - 2521 2323
Email:bhavana.shah@theleela.com

Link-> Contact Information | Public Relations & Communication | The Leela Palaces Hotels and Resort

Send a scathing one saying we are going to put this up on international hotel sites and as we know the fear of visiting folks to our traffic. Not many would want to sit in a car driven by such rowdies.

It works. Try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
if i'm not wrong, that looks like one of 'em taxis from Royal Orchid; it isn't 5star though.
Either that or Hotel 7. Lets wait for NPV to reply.
Old 30th June 2011, 12:46   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post
There was a similar scene today morning on Jeevan Bhima nagar main road. It was utter chaos. All because, some people just don't have patience. I just hate it when people go on to the other lane and block the oncoming traffic. The worst part is that they just start drifting towards you without any indication when they see oncoming traffic. I hate such morons. Almost got side swiped by one such moron last week near BEML gate
Same scene @ BTM Lake road before joining the ring road! If the traffic piles up little longer, people start loosing patience. Once the rick or taxi breaks the lane and move in wrong direction, others just follow. Vehicles who overtake and block the opposite sides and then merge to the left side, and vehicles entering this road from BMTC bus stand make it worst for the people who are desciplined and following the lanes patiently!
Old 30th June 2011, 16:38   #2396
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

@Spitfire - I could not get the full registration number since he was too far for the camera to capture that level of detail.
My best guess from what I remember it is KA 51 or 53 A xxxx
Taxi is from the hotel Aloft in whitefield (guess it's 4-star not 5 !)
Old 30th June 2011, 16:43   #2397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I agree! I thank God I work 1 to 10pm so don't get stuck in them!!

Probably they could try something like they normally do in the mornings : have traffic blocked at the IOC Petrol Pump (the one just before SAP) and let the oncoming traffic use both the lanes at Graphite signal. They rarely do it in the evenings. Apart from this, I just don't see another alternative. The road width is probably 1/8th of what should be necessary for the kind of traffic on that road.

Another traffic hold up is about 100m just after the Marathahalli bridge signal (towards Old Airport). There is a median opening and although U-turns are not allowed, everyone merrily does so. Result : there are 2 lanes trying to take a U-turn on that tiny road blocking both their lane and oncoming traffic and also the lane coming from 90-deg left, for whom the median is actually meant for!
You bet, I have been through this hell for 3.5yrs before getting out of that route. Now I am doing the outer ring road from past 6 months and am happy that there are no major jams in my pathway between home-work
Old 30th June 2011, 16:54   #2398
BHPian

I wonder what has changed on the Outer ring road, I'm taking almost half an hour less than what I used to take to reach office.
I travel from banashankari to marathalli, and used to take almost 1.5 hours, but this week, I see that the traffic is very relaxed and I reach around an hour itself! Feels so good to see an empty stretch on the ORR during peak hour!
Any of you know of any changes made? like banning trucks, alternate routes???
Old 30th June 2011, 17:37   #2399
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
I think one reason is that most private vehicles bypass the HSR Signal (they take the longer inner route) so there's some time saved there. Also, although there's work going on 2 flyovers and an underpass, I think traffic keeps flowing since the perpendicular lanes are blocked. That makes flow quicker.
Old 30th June 2011, 17:47   #2400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
I wonder what has changed on the Outer ring road, I'm taking almost half an hour less than what I used to take to reach office.
The road from HSR to Agara on ORR is now one way. Vehicles coming on the opposite way have to take a turn at the Indian Oil bunk and go inside HSR.

I am happy as well as the stretch here at peak hours was too much.

Most Viewed