Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2011, 20:04   #2446
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Yeshwantpur Railway station has a prepaid counter! Its there on the tumkur road side exit.Just after you exit from platform 6,after descending the steps turn left and proceed for 150 mts.You will find the prepaid counter there! I dont know whether its present on the platform 1 exit,havent been there any time
No it does not have a prepaid counter in the main entrance. I do not know whether it has a counter in the rear side(APMC Yard, Tumkur road).
Old 23rd July 2011, 00:31   #2447
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Adding to Iron4Hawk images of morons on the medians.

Check this. On HAL Airport Road in the middle of one of the most busy roads. I sometimes wonder what sort of degraded upbringing this people have.
I see 100s of Idiots like this everyday ! makes me want to get out of the car break their faces.
Traffic is getting worse everyday. Today another biker rear ended my car while i was waiting at a signal. Thankfully no damage this time.

Auto drivers seem to be getting bolder and bolder each day. The roads are alrady jamed with Autos and now we are getting 40,000 more autos ??

When the roads are filled with idiots like these there is no hope for good drivers.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1-idiot.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-3-idiots-2.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-3-idiots.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-22.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-46.jpg  

Old 26th July 2011, 08:03   #2448
BHPian

first and fourth pic - RT Nagar main road- library junction
third pic- Bel road starting

In these places you can find a lot of college students who do all these kind of circus like three persons on one bike etc. I think they are testing the bike's pulling efficiency.

As far as 40,000 auto permits- I don't think there is any requirement for further idots on road since there are lot now itself. I cannot imagine the level of traffic congestion if this happens.

Last edited by rki2007 : 26th July 2011 at 08:06.
Old 26th July 2011, 10:28   #2449

In the midst of all the rants, here is my experience, something that happened today.
Early morning on the way to office, had to take a U turn on Whitefield main road and as usual found a bmtc (blue) bus parked right at the corner. Was about to put into reverse when the driver waved from his seat, started the bus and inched slightly forward - enough to let me pass. Totally surprised but rolled down the window and waved to appreciate his gesture.
Well, it was a small gesture from him - but enough to put a good feeling and a smile on my face all the way to office.
Just thought about sharing it, "it's not all bad".
Old 26th July 2011, 11:09   #2450
BHPian

As seen daily morning at JSS Circle, Yediyur!

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20110726_070155.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20110726_070158.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20110726_070214.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20110726_070233.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20110726_070252.jpg
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 13:44   #2451
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
As seen daily morning at JSS Circle, Yediyur!
That could easily read As seen every morning anywhere in Bangalore.

Good to see you stood your ground even though everyone else was breaking the signal.

Sometime for one amongst them it is going to go horribly wrong. The law of averages does catch up.
Old 26th July 2011, 16:27   #2452
Senior - BHPian

wow! unbelievable!!

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_0933.jpg

said it too soon..
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_0934.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_0935.jpg

very much believable!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_0936.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_0937.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_0939.jpg

another example!
Name:  _MG_0929.JPG
Views: 827
Size:  142.1 KB

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_0930.jpg

no, he ain't taking his car out. he's parked it that way and left!!!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_0911.jpg

what gives?!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_0917.jpg

nice ride; no brains!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_0927.jpg

what gives?!! - part deux!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_0923.jpg

wants to go right; is on the left, blocking left turn!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_0932.jpg

this is what the BETL is used for nowadays! you should see the lay bye; its even more colourful!!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_0953.jpg
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 07:45   #2453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Sometime for one amongst them it is going to go horribly wrong. The law of averages does catch up.
Yeah - true. But guess some jokers like the thrill of the roll-of-the-dice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

said it too soon..
Attachment 583208
It just takes one "macho" m0r0n to start the slide. I don't know what really ticks in the others' heads once one guy makes a move. Do their brains just say - "Mhaaa (goat bleat here), I also have to go. Have food. Not enough for everyone. The sooner I make a move, the better food I get"
Old 31st July 2011, 10:44   #2454
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, Sorry if this is not the right place for this post (seemed like a good example of the "it's not all bad" part of the thread)
In a very quick operation, the concerned authorities (BBMP, Bagmane developers,etc) got into action on Friday 29 July to widen the entrance to the Bagmane Tech Park in C V Raman Nagar (where you take a right turn after entering C V R Nagar and crossing GTRE).
They quickly filled up a portion of the lake and shifted the retaining wall and fence on Saturday. What remains is the alsphalting. Folks who return to work on Monday Aug 1 may be surprised with the changes over the weekend.
It remains to be seen how this development will help ease traffic (hopefully at least in one direction !).

Here are some pictures:
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-bagmane-entrance1.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-bagmane-entrance2.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-bagmane-entrance3.jpg
Old 31st July 2011, 13:13   #2455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Yeah - true. But guess some jokers like the thrill of the roll-of-the-dice.

It just takes one "macho" m0r0n to start the slide. I don't know what really ticks in the others' heads once one guy makes a move. Do their brains just say - "Mhaaa (goat bleat here), I also have to go. Have food. Not enough for everyone. The sooner I make a move, the better food I get"
The place where I stay, the police actually forces motorists to drive on the wrong side of the road so that it eases congestion quickly. This happens everyday on Kodigehalli gate junction. People coming from kodigehalli towards bellary road know what i'm talking about.
Old 31st July 2011, 19:28   #2456
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
wow! unbelievable!!

said it too soon..
very much believable!
That kind of behaviour is really irritating. There are massive jams in most junctions and the easiest way out for these morons is to take the opposite side of the road and drive through. You should see the proud look on their faces when they do this thing - as though saying "look at you idiots waiting, I am bypassing everything easily and getting out of this mess"

I personally feel the cops should stand at such junctions where the divider ends, and fine these guys on the spot. I remember another junction - Udupi garden signal at BTM layout where 2 wheelers would bypass traffic by climbing onto the left side footpath and doing some off-roading to reach the front. The cops would be waiting behind a small shed and catch them red handed Watching these guys getting caught was funny and somewhat satisfying. Thankfully, the menace has almost been eliminated now at that junction.

Quote:
wants to go right; is on the left, blocking left turn!
You've highlighted a very common problem. I don't think there is any rule on paper to penalize this offense of blocking left-turning traffic. I guess it is more of common sense expected from any driver/rider but people are just in a rush to get to the front of the queue, regardless of which direction they want to go.
Old 31st July 2011, 20:34   #2457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK
You've highlighted a very common problem. I don't think there is any rule on paper to penalize this offense of blocking left-turning traffic. I guess it is more of common sense expected from any driver/rider but people are just in a rush to get to the front of the queue, regardless of which direction they want to go.
There must be some rule in the books because, in Bombay, police regularly haul up those who try to cut across lanes to take a turn. And so the traffic discipline there is far greater, probably the best among all the metros. I am surprised when I see the cops here ignore these infractions because the only way to stop this is to start fining.
Old 31st July 2011, 22:43   #2458
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orko View Post
There must be some rule in the books because, in Bombay, police regularly haul up those who try to cut across lanes to take a turn. And so the traffic discipline there is far greater, probably the best among all the metros. I am surprised when I see the cops here ignore these infractions because the only way to stop this is to start fining.
As far as I remember, there is a fine for wrongly/abruptly changing lanes and there are boards put up for the same. However, the vehicle might be travelling in the left lane, continue in the same lane to stop at the signal and hold that position, even if there is a free left ahead. I don't ever recall any officially listed offense for causing this situation, although it is ethically an offense. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Last edited by KarthikK : 31st July 2011 at 22:48.
Old 1st August 2011, 10:45   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK
As far as I remember, there is a fine for wrongly/abruptly changing lanes and there are boards put up for the same.
=====
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong
In Bombay, the cops force the cars to turn left if they're blocking the lane. Works like a charm.
Orko is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 15:06   #2460
BHPian

My first post in this thread, and under unfortunate circumstances

Place: Bellandur jn, where all roads merge into one small 'galli'

How it goes: Cab Sumo is trying to squeeze past my car, and eventually, inspite of honking and shouting, ends up wiping off the left mirror, clean off the car!!!

Not wanting to hold up the traffic, I drive off, and then force the guy to stop after the construction site. Ask him to pay up for the damage, he cooly says it was my fault, and that I scratched his car!!!!

Noted down his cab no, (agency was Infant's) and said I would complain to the police. To this his reaction was "Go ahead, doesn't make any difference to me"

Any way to deal with these morons? Most people I narrate the story to, say I was lucky to walk with just a broken mirror. Is this the state of apathy we have live in? Can we do something about it?

BTW, the guys in the cab were totally indifferent to all this, and kept mum

Last edited by bblost : 1st August 2011 at 16:11. Reason: Smileys are limited to 2 per post. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks