Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 16:04   #2461
BANNED

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Noted down his cab no, (agency was Infant's) and said I would complain to the police. To this his reaction was "Go ahead, doesn't make any difference to me"
Welcome to Bangalore the apathy capital. Yes no one will help you and god forbid you are not a localite. Then you soon will be a victim of xenophobia here. Remember the next time you drive out. You have spineless cowards around you. Meek people who don't have any self respect or humanity. You are on your own.

Keep this in mind. Look at the folks drive by and you will realize you cant do much.

About Infant, they are a new disease on our roads.
Spitfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 16:17   #2462
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Any way to deal with these morons?Most people I narrate the story to, say I was lucky to walk with just a broken mirror. Is this the state of apathy we have live in? Can we do something about it?

You are lucky to have walked away without being abused verbally/physically or even being forced to pay up for the damage to his vehicle, despite him being at fault. Half the time, they drive off without even stopping and if you do get to stop them, then he would definitely try to make it worth his while. All this would be all the more true, had you been unable to converse in the local tongue or if you were not from around this place. There is no concrete way to deal with them. You file a complaint with the cops and you will give it up yourself halfway because well you know why.

As Spitfire said, you are on your own, especially on the road !

All you can do is try to drive as safe and carefully as possible. That is about all that you can do.

Last edited by Xryder : 1st August 2011 at 16:20.
Xryder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 16:26   #2463
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How it goes: Cab Sumo is trying to squeeze past my car, and eventually, inspite of honking and shouting, ends up wiping off the left mirror, clean off the car!!!
Really unfortunate man. Cabs/mini-buses are terribly driven.

I remember some member commenting how the "Contact on this no. if vehicle is driven rashly" phone no. has 1 or 2 digits missing.

They are rowdy bunch who've got easy money by driving around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
You have spineless cowards around you. Meek people who don't have any self respect or humanity.
Problem is - even if someone does want to stand up for the right and confront the driver, he'd be thinking "what if the driver takes revenge some day". With the kind of cases : rape/dacoity/murder that we hear of involving cabs, one wouldn't want to take a risk; all for a stranger whose car's mirror was damaged. Sounds lame? Yes! The reason why someone would think so is that the system will absolutely NOT back him. Stand up for the right and end up dealing with a rowdy cab driver and corrupt cops. I'm not at all proud of saying this but it is exactly what a common man be thinking.

The public is not spineless actually; it's just helpless. Trust me, many want to help but the consequences that follow because of an indifferent system is what puts them off.

An extremely frustrating situation!

Last edited by libranof1987 : 1st August 2011 at 16:48.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 16:48   #2464
Senior - BHPian

Yes that is the level of apathy here. You can try lodging a complaint with the police and see where it goes, if you have the time and resources to pursue it further
Quote:
BTW, the guys in the cab were totally indifferent to all this, and kept mum
Our company specifically instructs employees to not to interfere in case of a dispute arising from accident of the cab. Maybe its the same with other companies also.
Old 1st August 2011, 17:06   #2465
Senior - BHPian

The only way to solve the problem of rash driving by cabs ferrying IT staff is get these drivers on the rolls of the company. If he is made accountable for his work like how others are made accountable then he might end up becoming better on the road. This could also give some self esteem to them to think better.

Why would I want to lose a good job with all the necessary perks because I wanted to prove I am the biggest daddy on the road.

This would also make the IT companies accountable as well, because you try raising this issue with any of the companies they coolly point out that the service is outsourced and they are not responsible for the rash driving.
Old 1st August 2011, 17:18   #2466
BHPian

Thank you all for your replies, at least I know I'm not alone on the road, and have our bhpians for moral support

My folks and my GF have the same thing to say.... control the anger, and walk away from an even uglier scene.

@Libran: I can understand the mentality of the onlookers, bystanders and other people on the road. For all you know, I might behave in the same way as they did, just act indifferent.

I know there's nothing much we can do, other than vent out our anger on some public forums, and then just learn not to get involved in anything in future

In view of all this, (forget the potholes and speed breakers,for a moment if you can), How can someone drive a Ferrari 458 Italia in our fair city? Can we file a Cruelty Against Supercars petition?
Old 1st August 2011, 17:23   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post

Our company specifically instructs employees to not to interfere in case of a dispute arising from accident of the cab. Maybe its the same with other companies also.
Same in my company too! Strict orders for us cab users not to get involved whatever the situation is! I'm sure that is the reason they kept quiet!
Old 1st August 2011, 17:43   #2468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987
I remember some member commenting how the "Contact on this no. if vehicle is driven rashly" phone no. has 1 or 2 digits missing.
These Infant's cabs don't even have those numbers displayed on their vehicle!

@sharu: why not post your case on the Bangalore Traffic Police site on Facebook and ask for guidance?

Last edited by IronH4WK : 1st August 2011 at 17:45.
Old 1st August 2011, 18:59   #2469
BHPian

The only way the cab menace is going to stop is if the people and the companies that hire these cabs starts complaining. If I am in a cab and see that he is driving rashly, I tell him to slow down stating that I am no hurry. But most of the time it falls on deaf ears.
Old 1st August 2011, 19:21   #2470
Senior - BHPian

since we're talking about ORVMs, i wanna show you guys something. you can judge the distance between the Pulsar and my car just by looking at the picture. now have a look at my left ORVM!! if i hadn't blocked that guy, that ORVM wouldn't be there!

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_0988.jpg

this is what these cab drivers are good at!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 1st August 2011 at 19:22.
Old 1st August 2011, 20:24   #2471
BHPian

My driver called up saying he'd come late today, so my dad had to drive me to college. At the junction after St. John's H, we encountered bumper to bumper traffic, and as we approached the junction, an auto starts slowing down; dad suddenly brakes and I look up to see that our car was nearly kissing the backside of the rick! The pathetic fellow did not have working indicators and my dad thought he was slowing down and realized that he'd stopped, on when it was too late! As we drove past the idiot, he starts making gestures and making "spitting" actions. I told my dad to drive off, as I was getting late for college. Agreed, my dad should've been careful (he usually maintains a good 2m even in bumper to bumper traffic in general), but not having tail lamps and then behaving in such a shameless manner with an elderly person is totally pathetic. Just goes to show how educated these guys are.
Had this happened if I had no dearth of time, even better with my driver driving, the guy might have ended up in an really, really sorry state.

Quote:
Noted down his cab no, (agency was Infant's) and said I would complain to the police. To this his reaction was "Go ahead, doesn't make any difference to me"
mum
Infant's? The drivers and management of these blue minivans ought to be set right.
I just can't bear this kind of behaviour, esp. after seeing these people on the road everyday.
PM me the reg. no. of the cab, I'll see what I can do.
It's not the matter of money here, nor ego, but the matter of making people know that they can't take the road for granted.
Old 1st August 2011, 20:31   #2472
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Had this happened if I had no dearth of time, even better with my driver driving, the guy might have ended up in an really, really sorry state.
Dude! You love confrontations, don't you?!

You'll be stooping down to his level if you "get back" to him.

"Ended up in a really sorry state" - not a statement a sensible, educated person should make. Physical harm is not the answer to anything.

Are you going to lash out at everyone who says anything unpleasant/derogatory to you?

Sometimes, it is best to let it go.

Quote:
I'll see what I can do.
Or what you dad can do?

Please don't keep such an attitude man! Just my opinion.
Everyone starts seeing what they can do and we'll all end up in a sorry state.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 1st August 2011 at 20:32.
Old 1st August 2011, 20:50   #2473
BHPian

With regards to "infants" travel a month or so back was i was in my office cab heading to the office we saw a terrible incident atop of the KR bridge which leads to Old Madras road.
We see an auto topple and turn due to being hit by the blue sumo. AS we drive by we see there was a family inside who miraculous escaped. The driver of the sumo was being held and he was shaking as he knew what would happen. We were all glad the family looked safe.
The irony of these blue cabs is in the name , "Infants" i guess its based on Infant Jesus, please correct me if i am wrong. With a name like that we would expect much more.
Old 1st August 2011, 21:01   #2474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Dude! You love confrontations, don't you?!

You'll be stooping down to his level if you "get back" to him.

"Ended up in a really sorry state" - not a statement a sensible, educated person should make. Physical harm is not the answer to anything.

Are you going to lash out at everyone who says anything unpleasant/derogatory to you?

Sometimes, it is best to let it go.
although i agree with you, i disagree too. it didn't come to this one bright sunny day. over time, people have been afraid to do anything or taking the high road and the perpetrators just gain the confidence to do it over and over again.

we want to do something about it, but can't. it'll just become one big mess. and those in power.. the lesser said the better

its a no-win situation any which way you look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Please don't keep such an attitude man! Just my opinion.
Everyone starts seeing what they can do and we'll all end up in a sorry state.
+1 to that. ease up. so much of rage at your age is not a good thing
Old 1st August 2011, 21:09   #2475
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
although i agree with you, i disagree too. it didn't come to this one bright sunny day. over time, people have been afraid to do anything or taking the high road and the perpetrators just gain the confidence to do it over and over again.

we want to do something about it, but can't. it'll just become one big mess. and those in power.. the lesser said the better

its a no-win situation any which way you look at it.
I don't "agree" as such either; but give me a win-win or win-nowin situation in our favour.

Those who indulge in this have nothing to lose; most often they drive leased cabs/autos, it is us who will have to bear the brunt thru' either damage to our rides or facing street-level language/behaviour.

I am in no way saying you meekly accept such things; just saying you gotta chose your battles wisely. Sometimes you need to show who's the daddy, at times, you just need to walk away realizing it is isn't worth it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks