Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 15:29   #2521
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Phew! Reached office finally after a lot of circus!
The entire stretch between Agara Lake and Koramangla is packed up. I somehow managed to crawl upto Krupanidhi College Jn. The road ahead to St Johns was choc-a-block with traffic! Took a left turn towards Madiwala. Underneath the Madiwala flyover into the myriad of lanes inside BTM 1st Stg. Finally reached a road I knew. Took a shortcut toward Tavarakere. Just where the lane joins Tavarakere Main RD, our great (bloody stupid) planners have dug the road up!
Stupidly decided to find a way around and got stuck in one of the dead lanes. Took a U turn, came back to BTM Main Road. Took a turn again into another lane towards Tavarakere main road. When the open road was almost in sight, a BBMP truck digging up the lane I was on! aaarrghhh!!!!!!!!! I wish to find the mayor and drag her thru the muck! Irritating politicians..
Thankfully, there was another Tempo Traveller in front of me who was of the Indiana Jones' breed. I joined him on his exploration. Hats off to that guy. He finally got me back onto Tavarakere main road just behind the Oracle office.
The funny part was when I hit Hosur Road near Forum! Absolutely zero traffic on that road!!! Why god why?

Anybody knows what held traffic up in Koramangala?
Old 18th August 2011, 15:37   #2522
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

This morning I took 3 hours to drive from Rajarajeshwarinagar to my office in EGL. Maddening traffic all the way through. I took my Punto just because it was raining. Otherwise i prefer my trusted Unicorn.
Old 18th August 2011, 15:53   #2523
Senior - BHPian

I have no idea why they closed off the Madivala underpass today at around 11.45 in morning. They directed the traffic to Madivala market and from there to St. John hospital road. And from there to Dairy Circle.
Bumper to Bumper traffic.
Old 18th August 2011, 20:41   #2524
BHPian

From past 1 week traffic near Intel in Outer Ring Road has gone for a toss. Working in RMZ and sometimes it gets 1 hr just to pass JP morgan going towards old madras road
Old 18th August 2011, 20:47   #2525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

The Volvos do a fantastic job. Get a monthly pass and let rip.
Volvos are good if your office hours are slight off the peak hours, for people having office starting between 8-10 and ending anytime from 5-9 are gonna be royally screwed with the amount of time it takes to travel in a Volvo 'standing'.

Standing is not the issue but when Volvos are packed a tin of sardines I'm so reminded of my days in Mumbai locals!

What takes me 30 mins on two wheels takes about 90-120 in peak hours!!

Volvos aren't the complete solution just need a lil patience to wait out the construction completion!
Old 18th August 2011, 20:57   #2526
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Standing is not the issue but when Volvos are packed a tin of sardines I'm so reminded of my days in Mumbai locals!
Atleast you are in an AC vehicle. Having experienced the Mumbai locals I can tell you this is like traveling in a limousine. Really no comparison. We are much much add one more much better off.

Quote:
What takes me 30 mins on two wheels takes about 90-120 in peak hours!!
The other day I took my cycle down that route and believe my clothes were covered with sand. Literally. My face was also packed with it. Maybe a full face helmet on a bike does a better job and the jacket could have kept my clothes clean but still a two-wheeler is a big risk down that road. Anyways its the fastest as you likely said.
Old 19th August 2011, 10:53   #2527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I knew there is no way an auto rickshaw would fit in there ( even with the skill of the Bangalore Auto drivers ), but I had got tired of his constant honking, so I carefully squeezed through and then turned back and asked him to come through the gap. Ofcourse he didn't . I continued on my way without further confrontation as i didn't want to spoil my morning.
Well finally ! you had to give in to his road arrogance isn't it. Autowallas, man they think they are the owners of the road. With their turning radius they try to squeeze into any available space.
Old 19th August 2011, 11:18   #2528
Team-BHP Support

Coming back from Whitefield, nearly got rear-ended by a Tata Winger. I stopped at the Wind Tunnel signal ad then I hear a screech and see my life flashing past . It swerved and slid next to me.

It was full of passengers!
Old 19th August 2011, 13:31   #2529
Team-BHP Support

I am shocked at how the Varthur road has turned into one big mess these days. What was once a decent alternative, has now turned into a new road to hell. The interesting part is that when you finally get to the end of the mess you realize there was nothing in particular causing it!
Old 19th August 2011, 14:02   #2530
BHPian

Hello Team,

Please see my recent post in thread: Bad Drivers - How do you spot them'.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...u-spot-em.html

Regards.
dev_kudle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 21:58   #2531
BHPian

Outer Ring Road from Sarjapur road to Marathahalli is in a mess. Not sure why they are constructing all the flyovers, underpasses on the same time.

Why can't they take up one by one or atleast one side at a time? 4 lane traffic suddenly becomes 1 lane for 0.5 km which is also of moon surface.

What ever time you start after 7:30 towards M.Halli and what ever time after 5:30 towards silk board remains the same traffic.

Becoming a bad driver now a days...
Old 21st August 2011, 09:10   #2532
Senior - BHPian

Looking it all these woes, I am so glad I stay outside the city. It takes me only 40 minutes to go from house near Sarjapur to my office near Kudlu gate, about 24 km away ;-)

I have a problem though. Since residential/commercial/civic construction is in full swing all over the city, the tippers and tractors dump a lot of mud lumps on the roads (either from their tyres or from carriages). These later harden up and get stuck to the road when other vehicles drive over them. Is there no law that can take private builders to task for spoiling the roads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Well finally ! you had to give in to his road arrogance isn't it. Autowallas, man they think they are the owners of the road. With their turning radius they try to squeeze into any available space.
Actually they follow a natural rule. You see, a cat can squeeze through an opening if it is large enough for its head. A cockroach can squeeze through if the hole is large enough for its antennae. Auto can squeeze through if the gap is large enough for front wheel.
Old 21st August 2011, 09:14   #2533
Senior - BHPian

I am waiting for the following work on our roads to be completed
Mysore Road: Nayandahalli junction flyovers, widening of Mysore road
Completion of flyovers on outer ring road

Man, its going to be great to drive in Bengaluru after 1(??) year. Hope they dont start any new projects on the same roads.
Old 21st August 2011, 09:21   #2534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post

Man, its going to be great to drive in Bengaluru after 1(??) year. Hope they dont start any new projects on the same roads.
srishiva, I stay in Rajarajeshwarinagar and I have been waiting for exactly the same since a long time. But the pace at which the works are going on, I seriously doubt it will be completed in the next one year.
Old 21st August 2011, 10:38   #2535
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
srishiva, I stay in Rajarajeshwarinagar and I have been waiting for exactly the same since a long time. But the pace at which the works are going on, I seriously doubt it will be completed in the next one year.
Little confused from your posts - have they started building a flyover at Nayandahalli ORR-Mysore Rd junction connecting ORR to the Nagarbhavi side ? If so, this is exactly what we need ! (I thought the work was only for Metro)

There's also:
1. the road/bridge over the drain connecting chord road near binny layout to Mysore Road near Gali Anjaneya temple - Work seems to be almost complete but why is it not being used ?
2. the NICE road/connection to NICE road has come up close to the road that goes into Girinagar from Mysore Road (road beside the Byatarayanapura Police Station). But this seems to be stuck at one place due to litigation. Once this is cleared I think it will connect NICE road back to Mysore Road near Byatarayanpura.
When #1 and #2 are complete, together it will form a loop/clover leaf connecting Chord road, Mysore road and NICE road but I don't know when it will see the light of day finally.

Last edited by NPV : 21st August 2011 at 10:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks