Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2011, 19:11   #2626
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
As the ramp descends down bending over that right curve, I have slowed down to 55-60kmph and what I spot next is a beige Swift facing my car and coming towards me with lights on!!
Wow, that is scary man! Damn scary - do they think that luck will keep favouring them? And for how long? Don't the numbers have to equal themselves out sometime?

And yes, I have seen bikes at times going/coming in the opposite direction on the BETL. I usually take some time to slow down and curse at them.
Old 5th September 2011, 23:48   #2627
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

And to add to all this, there are so many drivers who don't switch on their lights until it is completely dark, and then start driving on high beam.
Last week, I left home at 4 am to go to Mangalore. Since I live near Sarjapur, I had to drive over 40 km to reach Yashwantpur. I did not find a single kilometre of smooth road. Either potholes, or uneven surface created by patches.
Old 6th September 2011, 15:41   #2628
Senior - BHPian

few more nincompoops for your entertainment.

on Banaswadi main road, this guy is trying to take a turn to the right before the Fountain Square (i think) apartments. oh looky! he has to take a call while he's at it!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_1674.jpg

this is Osborne road Ulsoor. see how the Activa is parked. it has taken have the left side of the lane. similar parking can be seen in front of Tamil Sangham next to the Ulsoor lake and on weekends the road in front of the Tamil Sangham becomes a two lane car park!!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_1695.jpg

these guys are having a jolly chat.. in the middle of the road!! that RE is parked on the stand and the guy is sitting on it!! saw this on the Kasturinagar road (before the BP bunk)!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_1719.jpg
Old 8th September 2011, 16:02   #2629
BHPian

Anyone knows why they've blocked half of the road in front of Madivala Police quarters campus? (Near Kripanidhi college)

Doesn't look like a fly-over coming-up there! Wondering why it could be..
Old 8th September 2011, 17:08   #2630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
few more nincompoops for your entertainment.

on Banaswadi main road, this guy is trying to take a turn to the right before the Fountain Square (i think) apartments. oh looky! he has to take a call while he's at it!
Saw an Alto driver yesterday near Yemlur. He was smoking a cigarette with one hand and had a mobile phone between his ear and shoulder with his head bent and was driving the car .
On the same day, there was this Indica driver who was trying to overtake every vehicle without caring for anything near Bellandur Lake. I saw his antics in my RVM and immediately let him through. Once we reached Bellandur, I noticed that he suddenly took a left turn without an indicator. I noticed that there was a car parked in the side road and there was no way he could complete the turn without touching the car. The guy took the turn regardless and put a scratch on the parked car. He didn't even stop and continued driving.
Old 9th September 2011, 12:30   #2631
Senior - BHPian

last few days of my driving in bnagalore i realised that offlate the so called educated people are competing with the cabby's, obv to prove who is worst...

A guy in Merc, middle aged sophisticated looking dude was driving in JB nagar as ifits the end of the world, this is just one of the examples did come across many more morons...

No matter we get 100s of flyovers or metro connect or road widened unless the people using them act responsibly we would still have this problem.

For now driving in Bangalore is a BIG challenge and i see it is getting worsen!
Old 9th September 2011, 12:42   #2632
Senior - BHPian

Can I sue BBMP for building Alloy wheel bending roads?

... Just a rant!!!
praful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 13:00   #2633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful
Can I sue BBMP for building Alloy wheel bending roads?

... Just a rant!!!
Don't bother. For the money you'll be spending on the case, you can get a new set.

did yours get bent?
Old 9th September 2011, 14:36   #2634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't bother. For the money you'll be spending on the case, you can get a new set.

did yours get bent?

I wasn't serious

But that's exactly the feeling I get when I see potential pothole. Last night spotted on at Agara junction, someone can actually die if they are coming suitably (read: 70-80 kmph) fast enough!

Yeah, over the past 3 years that I've been in BLR I have bent my bike's front alloy twice, rear once!
Old 9th September 2011, 14:39   #2635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Anyone knows why they've blocked half of the road in front of Madivala Police quarters campus? (Near Kripanidhi college)

Doesn't look like a fly-over coming-up there! Wondering why it could be..
Yes. Unfortunately, it is. Which means more grief for us daily commuters!

To add to it, we already have close to 20 bovines parked near the Krupanidhi Jn. I raised this as a concern on BTP Facebook page where I was duly informed that the information has been passed to Madivala PS. This was almost 4 days back. As expected, there was no action from the MOST CORRUPTED PS in Bangalore and cows are still where they were. Our respected Commissioner of Police can say what he may, but his actions dont reveal much. Why didnt TOI follow up on how the City Police deals with the corruption report. It all a big hoopla and at the end of the day, we just cry hoarse.
Old 9th September 2011, 15:10   #2636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
.....there are so many drivers who don't switch on their lights until it is completely dark, and then start driving on high beam.......I live near Sarjapur, I had to drive over 40 km to reach Yashwantpur.....
My FIL in Mumbai drives in the night without head lights and I had a serious argument with him on our last visit in April. Could not digest his point of view as it comes from someone who used to do Mumbai-Kerala drives in his Amby with 6 people on board every summer in the 1970s !! According to him street lights are enough for a normal drive. Bangalore has 'high beam' issues than 'no-lights' issue. About your 40km drive, I wonder which Sarjapur you were mentioning here, its just 17/18 kms from Sarjapur to Yeshwantpur.

Quote:
....these guys are having a jolly chat in the middle of the road!! that RE is parked on the stand and the guy is sitting on it!!
Looks like goons who are waiting for their target, dont even dare to go near such gangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
.....For now driving in Bangalore is a BIG challenge and i see it is getting worsen!
Welcome to Bangalore dear, now you know why I sold my Fiesta and got a Nano
Old 9th September 2011, 15:53   #2637
Senior - BHPian

Last week, I saw a Swift's driver chatting with a guy outside his car. The outside guy was already near the lane divider (it is a 4 lane road). He had bent down to peep into the car to chat with the driver. Since I was slow and had enough time, I slowed down to 1st gear (ready to stop any moment) and drove so close to that guy that my left ORVM brushed his butt (that scared my lady, who was on passenger seat). I was at least hoping to hear some abuses from him, so I accelerated. But when I saw in IRVM, he was still in that position, and kept on chatting.

I forgot to mention another incident. Today morning I was driving on Haralur road and all of a sudden an i10 came out of a private compound, forcing me to brake hard. I think that guy realised his mistake, and waved as if to apologise. You don't see such people often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
About your 40km drive, I wonder which Sarjapur you were mentioning here, its just 17/18 kms from Sarjapur to Yeshwantpur.
Which road is that? From my house to Wipro corporate office is 12 km. Wipro to MG road is another 12 or so. From there via Mekhri circle is the remaining 16 km or so.

Last edited by rohanjf : 9th September 2011 at 16:13. Reason: Added another incident
Old 9th September 2011, 16:05   #2638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
....Which road is that? From my house to Wipro corporate office is 12 km. Wipro to MG road is another 12 or so. From there via Mekhri circle is the remaining 16 km or so.
Dont worry be happy, I mistook it for a similar sounding place in the city Realized the difference when you mentioned Wipro !
Old 9th September 2011, 18:09   #2639
Team-BHP Support

I got stuck in quite possibly, the worst jam I've ever been stuck in, last night. I'd left from Jayanagar at 7:20 and reached my home in Indiranagar, only at 9:15 pm. That's 2 hours of grueling bumper-to-bumper traffic on a 10 km stretch!

The following pictures were taken as I climbed the Richmond Cirlce Flyover and down onto Residency Road.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-08092011005.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-08092011007.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-08092011008.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-08092011009.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-08092011011.jpg

Now, this goes completely beyond me. But isn't a flyover supposed to ease traffic conditions. I don't think this one does.

Also, how strong is this flyover? Are flyovers designed to withstand high levels of load, like this? Can cars, bikes, autorickshaws, buses, trucks just park and wait on the flyover while traffic clears up in front of them? How dangerous is it, if so?

EDIT: Had forgotten to mention. Do notice that there are 2 buses in front of me. They got onto the flyover from the wrong lane (the left side) by pushing those who were in the correct lane and cutting them off before getting onto the flyover. Once we found ourselves on the flyover, it was only a matter of time (40 minutes on the flyover) before the cars that were cut off (including me) slowly crawled our way ahead of these buses. Needless to say, I showed them the finger.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th September 2011 at 18:13.
Old 9th September 2011, 19:12   #2640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I got stuck in quite possibly, the worst jam I've ever been stuck in, last night. I'd left from Jayanagar at 7:20 and reached my home in Indiranagar, only at 9:15 pm. That's 2 hours of grueling bumper-to-bumper traffic on a 10 km stretch!

The following pictures were taken as I climbed the Richmond Cirlce Flyover and down onto Residency Road.

Attachment 606957

Attachment 606958

Attachment 606959

Attachment 606960

Attachment 606961

Now, this goes completely beyond me. But isn't a flyover supposed to ease traffic conditions. I don't think this one does.

Also, how strong is this flyover? Are flyovers designed to withstand high levels of load, like this? Can cars, bikes, autorickshaws, buses, trucks just park and wait on the flyover while traffic clears up in front of them? How dangerous is it, if so?

EDIT: Had forgotten to mention. Do notice that there are 2 buses in front of me. They got onto the flyover from the wrong lane (the left side) by pushing those who were in the correct lane and cutting them off before getting onto the flyover. Once we found ourselves on the flyover, it was only a matter of time (40 minutes on the flyover) before the cars that were cut off (including me) slowly crawled our way ahead of these buses. Needless to say, I showed them the finger.
looks like you had a ball of a time last night!

when we were coming back from Pune, we reached Yeshwantpur by 4:15pm. from there to reach our home (Banaswadi) it took us almost 4hrs!! like we weren't tired already!! btw, i took naps between the stop-n-go traffic!!

Most Viewed