Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 09:06   #2761
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

@SplitFire:
"Locals will have to rot in hell". What do you mean by this??
Make sure you wont bring fight in locals vs non-locals here. We need to appreciate what Deepak has made and continue to improve that. I have numerous stories of how non-locals behave in my city. Lets stop that local/non-local thingy.
blackstallion76 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 09:22   #2762
BANNED

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
@SplitFire:
Make sure you wont bring fight in locals vs non-locals here. We need to appreciate what Deepak has made and continue to improve that. I have numerous stories of how non-locals behave in my city. Lets stop that local/non-local thingy.
Its Spitfire.

I have to attend to a hit and run case against another cab driver in Varthur Police Station as an eye-witness. I need a competent and helpful guy like you to back me up. I cant write in Kannada so your help will be really appreciated.

Can you make it. Let me know your convenience of time, anytime this week. The affected party is a daily wage laborer from North Karanataka and is a local.

Thanks in advance for helping us out on this.
Spitfire is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 13:25   #2763
Oxy
BHPian

What deepakchiniwal has reported is horrifying and scary. These scumbags having some political backing have no respect for the law at all.

As Spitfire said, this is indeed attempt to murder. Plus he created risk of life for the poor school children. I hope he gets caught and sued for this and rots in jail.
Old 11th October 2011, 14:13   #2764
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
What deepakchiniwal has reported is horrifying and scary. These scumbags having some political backing have no respect for the law at all.

As Spitfire said, this is indeed attempt to murder. Plus he created risk of life for the poor school children. I hope he gets caught and sued for this and rots in jail.
The problem is, they're going to get out of jail, and after their stint behind bars, they wuill go and do the same thing all over again! Such individuals cannot be changed. It's in their blood. They do not think that they're doing anything wrong, and that it's their birth-right to behave in this fashion. Mindsets are hard to alter.

Tell me, how can we change that?

We can, to an extent. All of us need to get together and silence him. No. Not kill him. That would be illegal. But what we can do is simply outnumber him. Outnumber him to a point where he will have no where to go.

But remember, that will still not 'change' him. He will continue to be the scum of the universe. Only his actions will be curtailed, somewhat.
Old 11th October 2011, 14:16   #2765
Senior - BHPian

Bengaluru BHPians,

Need a help as I am visiting B'lore tomorrow for a training. My hotel is Royal Orchid Central on Dickenson Road, Manipal centre. How far is this from B'lore Airport and approx how much time will it take to reach the hotel if flight reaches at 8pm. How's the traffic generally during that time?
Hows the traffic generally on Saturdays towards Airport?
Old 11th October 2011, 14:21   #2766
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Bengaluru BHPians,

Need a help as I am visiting B'lore tomorrow for a training. My hotel is Royal Orchid Central on Dickenson Road, Manipal centre. How far is this from B'lore Airport and approx how much time will it take to reach the hotel if flight reaches at 8pm. How's the traffic generally during that time?
Traffic on the Airport Road is never really good. I mean, the road is fine, but you will get stuck at some places for a little while. Mekhri Circle is problematic. And some traffic-signals on Airport Road might slow you down. With the metro construction in full-swing.

Dickenson Road is virtually in the heart of the city. It would take you about an hour or an hour and a half to the Airport. It shouldn't take longer than that. But if you have to catch a flight, make sure you leave about two and a half hours in advance. it's always good to be a little early!

The distance is about 40 km approximately. One way.

Enjoy your stay in Bangalore. You will love the weather!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th October 2011 at 14:22.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 14:28   #2767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur
Bengaluru BHPians,

Ghodlur. Welcome to Bangalore. My office is in the next building to your hotel. When are you landing in Bangalore?
Old 11th October 2011, 14:35   #2768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Ghodlur. Welcome to Bangalore. My office is in the next building to your hotel. When are you landing in Bangalore?
Tomorrow (12th) evening around 9ish. Will be in B'lore for three days, training in the same hotel. Will try to get in touch with you maybe during the lunch breaks if you PM me your no. . Have PMed you mine.
Old 11th October 2011, 14:36   #2769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire

WHAT THE MAN!!!
This is attempt to murder!!! Plain and simple. This city is going to the dogs man.
We outsiders can move out. The locals will have to rot in the hell they helped create.
Thanks for voicing the common sentiment, Spitfire. I have friends who are locals, and they're good people. But they're thinking of moving out too, such is the state of Bangalore.

To be perfectly honest, it now seems as lawless in Bangalore as one would imagine it to be in Bihar! (though my Bihari friends state that things have changed drastically there since Nitish Kumar became CM of Bihar, but that's OT).
Old 11th October 2011, 14:43   #2770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
An Innova (yellow board) was zipping by without caring much for school children around the place. A little further about 200 mts near Prestige Sunnyside Apartments, the same Innova guy had hit a two wheeler. The duo got into a fight and the innova guy threatened to get some local elements and while the two wheeler guy was holding by his collar and the innova driver has started the vehicle, the driver cared a least and drove off, the two wheeler driver was dragged for more than 20-30 mtrs before he fell down.
Taxi guys and the 335E bus drivers are my best friends and I have gotten into fight with them several times for acts such as these.

I have overtaken and parked my car in front of erring 335E Volvo buses, shouted erring taxi drivers as "Naayee" (dog), and always try to give them back in the same coin.

These are the worst drivers on the Bangalore roads
Tempelhof is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 15:02   #2771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
@SplitFire:
Oh come on! Just because he used the word local doesn't mean he is discriminating!
I'm supposed to be what many consider to be a "non-local" though I am very much a "local" Kannadiga.
Please read Spitfire's post again. If the 'locals' keep backing the so-called "powerful" 'locals' regardless of who is at fault, the day when these 'locals' themselves are at the recieving end of the "powerful" 'locals'.
All sorts of people are barbaric in their behaviour, be them 'locals' or 'non-locals' I've had my share of both.
Arkin evoisrevo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 15:05   #2772
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The problem is, they're going to get out of jail, and after their stint behind bars, they wuill go and do the same thing all over again! Such individuals cannot be changed. It's in their blood. They do not think that they're doing anything wrong, and that it's their birth-right to behave in this fashion. Mindsets are hard to alter.

Tell me, how can we change that?

We can, to an extent. All of us need to get together and silence him. No. Not kill him. That would be illegal. But what we can do is simply outnumber him. Outnumber him to a point where he will have no where to go.

But remember, that will still not 'change' him. He will continue to be the scum of the universe. Only his actions will be curtailed, somewhat.
Are you trying to convey that if all vehicle owners in Bangalore start driving as per the rules, the actions of this guy will be curtailed will be curtailed to some extent? How? What difference will that make to him?

I am sorry, I beg to differ. I don't get your point about how we can "outnumber him to a point that he has nowhere else to go".
Old 11th October 2011, 15:29   #2773
BANNED

The tipping point in any issue related to road behavior in this city is whether you are local or not. Whose fault it is be damned. From the cobbler on the street to the MLA will side with the local person, even if he is charged with murder. Go to any level to complain you will be shunned, ignored, warned or threatened on your face, if they get to know you are not a local.

This is a fact. I have seen this myself. And bore the burnt of it. Who ever does not like it. Come and stand with me and we will see. Don't give me bhashan's here. I have put my families safety at risk because of this. You wont even have the spine to do half of it.

Remember the one who keeps quite is helping in the crime.

I have seen enough of this nonsense here. I am not dividing anyone but trying to open your eyes to the reality.

A person being dragged by a driver in a car does not get you alarmed but a post that says local gets your blood boiling?? That is exactly the type of people who will doom this city. These are the same people who will use their local card to wriggle out of issues anywhere.

Wake up and smell the air. Today it is us they are after, tomorrow it is going to be one of you.

Mugging has become so common place now that it does not even get reported anymore.

Last edited by Spitfire : 11th October 2011 at 15:37.
Spitfire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 15:48   #2774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
The tipping point in any issue related to road behavior in this city is whether you are local or not. Whose fault it is be damned. From the cobbler on the street to the MLA will side with the local person, even if he is charged with murder. Go to any level to complain you will be shunned, ignored, warned or threatened on your face, if they get to know you are not a local.

This is a fact. I have seen this myself. And bore the burnt of it. Who ever does not like it. Come and stand with me and we will see. Don't give me bhashan's here. I have put my families safety at risk because of this. You wont even have the spine to do half of it.

Remember the one who keeps quite is helping in the crime.

I have seen enough of this nonsense here. I am not dividing anyone but trying to open your eyes to the reality.

A person being dragged by a driver in a car does not get you alarmed but a post that says local gets your blood boiling?? That is exactly the type of people who will doom this city. These are the same people who will use their local card to wriggle out of issues anywhere.

Wake up and smell the air. Today it is us they are after, tomorrow it is going to be one of you.

Mugging has become so common place now that it does not even get reported anymore.
its not just the layman; even the cops discriminate based on where you're from! i've been privy to many incidents where the cops have let the offender walk off without any fine just because he spoke in the local language and charged the other party - their only fault - they spoke in Hindi or English!
Old 11th October 2011, 15:50   #2775
Oxy
BHPian

Spitfire - Dude, I absolutely second your thoughts.

That cab driver dragged a person while driving, that biker could so easily have ended up under the wheels of the car. This audacity can come only when you know that nobody can touch you whatever you do.

A bit , but why on earth do we have this local/non-local concept? Why can't each one of us be a proud Indian rather than a Punjabi, Marathi, Kannadiga etc.? Why are the so called non-locals treated like aliens in their very own country? I am sure not many of us are proud of what Raj Thackeray has been doing in Maharashtra, so why do we have this divide here in Karnataka?

Most Viewed