Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2011, 22:34   #2806
Senior - BHPian

On my way to 100ft road this afternoon I had the scariest moments of my life! For some reason the signal on the OMR/NGEF crossing was off and people were driving like crazy! I joined the OMR from the NGEF bypass and was horrifed at seeing two BMTCs racing each other and me right in front of them Imagine this - I could only see the grille of the buses in my RVM, nothing else! I ran for my life (rather rode) and was relieved when I saw the turn off to 100ft road!

I'm beginning to think I've more chances of staying alive if I drive instead of ride!

Bee Gees in the background
Old 21st October 2011, 23:25   #2807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK
On my way to 100ft road this afternoon I had the scariest moments of my life! For some reason the signal on the OMR/NGEF crossing was off and people were driving like crazy! I joined the OMR from the NGEF bypass and was horrifed at seeing two BMTCs racing each other and me right in front of them Imagine this - I could only see the grille of the buses in my RVM, nothing else! I ran for my life (rather rode) and was relieved when I saw the turn off to 100ft road!

I'm beginning to think I've more chances of staying alive if I drive instead of ride!

Bee Gees in the background
which one?
"If I only had my mind on something else"
or " tragedy" perhaps?

sorry,you left that too open ended!

Btw,don't the buses have governors?
Old 22nd October 2011, 00:30   #2808
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Yesterday evening near malleshpalya and vignana nagara junction near the awfully placed bus stop, a T junction, we (me and my wife) were going towards old air port road a company employee transport bus opposite to us did a sudden right turn (no indicators, no flashing lights) couldn't go any further as the other indica cab is already messed there for 10 minutes and gave a look saying, If I come any closer he is going to take my front fender. I got angry and went out of the car, clapped and thanked him for his traffic mess which lasted for 15 minutes...
I still remember his face - I requested the employees seated there to say thanks to their driver as he is the only one who is going to make them reach where ever they were destined to -

he couldn't shout at me not even speak a word... after that moment I felt I have achieved something great in the morning and felt really relaxed... I will do that at least clap and shout thanks for every cab guys zip zap. Today's count
sharp turn without indicators - 1-pulsar and 1-nano..
Old 22nd October 2011, 07:59   #2809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk

which one?
"If I only had my mind on something else"
or " tragedy" perhaps?

sorry,you left that too open ended!

Btw,don't the buses have governors?
That'd be Staying Alive my man. Nothing else came to my mind at the time

Governors? The only governor I know sits in Raj Bhavan!
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2011, 12:04   #2810
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

This biker is taking 5 kids in his bike. Taken this picture near busy ORR Kalyan Nagar.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-photo0252.jpg  

Old 6th November 2011, 22:12   #2811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
This biker is taking 5 kids in his bike. Taken this picture near busy ORR Kalyan Nagar.
Crazy. Tendency to believe nothing can happen, till happens. Rules are not a deterrent, negative reinforcement could.
Old 14th November 2011, 22:04   #2812
Senior - BHPian

Aaj ho hi gaya!

Had my first accident in Bangalore today! Happened at about 8pm in front of Innovative, Marathalli. I was driving my i10, at around 40kmph (and accelerating) and had to slam brakes bit hard as the indica in front of me stopped suddenly (not his fault as something/somebody had come in front of that car). I was in the right most lane. Anyway the stopping distance was about 20m and time about 4-5s or so. My car came to stop before hitting the Indica, but to my horror there was a bang from behind, a bike had crashed into my car (actually it hit the rear lamp casing and then he wobbled and somehow miraculously avoided hitting the other car in the other lane and also miraculously avoided falling down! The guy was incredibly lucky to avoid hitting anything else or going down as otherwise he could have been crushed under oncoming traffic. He was good enough to stop (I had also stopped with blinkers on), then came to me and apologised as he couldnt control his bike (I think instead of slowing down he tried to come to left and tried to pass me from left but couldnt make it). I asked him if he was ok. Then I went to see damage to my car. It was then I realised he had hit the lamp casing as there were no dents (I had feared the worst). there was only a small hole (around 1") in the casing and a little scratch mark around the fuel lid.
Ended the matter there as there was no big damage to either party. Just thankful nothing major happened and we could carry on. Was really too shaken to say or react there so I just said goodbye to him and drove home!!!
Old 15th November 2011, 16:01   #2813
Oxy
BHPian

From where have all these huge potholes suddenly emerged on the stretch between Varthur Kodi and Kundalahalli junction. I regularly take this road to my office and it's quite a royal pain when you can't see one of these on time and go straight into it!

I think I would have to switch to the route via ITPL, but I fear the traffic madness in there.
Old 15th November 2011, 16:31   #2814
Senior - BHPian

I think when I'm older, I'm gonna have to sue BBMP for building back breaking roads.

Just today went over on 'alloy bending' pothole that spent a jarring shockwave up my spine. I'm glad my bike is shod with higher profile tyres, else I'd have a bent alloy along with my back.

Man, ORR is just a mess around Kadubisnahalli!
Old 27th November 2011, 22:32   #2815

Just so much livid at this moment, as i type.
Was on my way back home, when this incident happened
Me and my expecting wife travelling in our Ritz on the Kagdasspura Road (From BEML Gate to Kagdasspura Bus stand road) at 19.30 - 2200 in the evening!!!
A red colored Hyundai Getz (KA03MH2251) speeds on the wrong lane, bangs my car in the front while trying to avoid hitting oncoming traffic
I stop, get out to see the damage and take control of the situation. But he races out
I follow him for some distance, but then i give up due to the traffic and the number of people on the road
I stop my car and find that he is caught up with the traffic in front
So i take to running and almost when i reach his car and bang the window, he lunges forward takes a risky right turn, almost runs over my right leg, nudges down a 2 wheeler and races away
So much of Humanity left in this city
There is absolutely nothing a common man can do
If somebody does end up finding him, do give him a tight slap from my end for risking my family and for being reckless on the roads
Old 28th November 2011, 01:13   #2816
BHPian

Shyam...
Per BTIS - Bangalore Transport Information System it's one Balaji T Srinivasan that's the owner of the car. Obviously, it doesn't necessarily mean that it was indeed him that was driving then. Also, FB search resulted in only one Balaji T Srinivasan in Bangalore. However, it's quite possible that the owner of the car could not even be in FB.
I don't recommend a fist fight ever; but if you would like to meet up with him to check with who was behind the wheels then, I think you can track him down.

Last edited by Iluvcars : 28th November 2011 at 01:15.
Old 28th November 2011, 11:45   #2817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyam.n10 View Post
Me and my expecting wife travelling in our Ritz on the Kagdasspura Road (From BEML Gate to Kagdasspura Bus stand road) at 19.30 - 2200 in the evening!!!
A red colored Hyundai Getz (KA03MH2251) speeds on the wrong lane, bangs my car in the front while trying to avoid hitting oncoming traffic
I stop, get out to see the damage and take control of the situation. But he races out
I follow him for some distance, but then i give up due to the traffic and the number of people on the road
So i take to running and almost when i reach his car and bang the window, he lunges forward takes a risky right turn, almost runs over my right leg, nudges down a 2 wheeler and races away
If somebody does end up finding him, do give him a tight slap from my end for risking my family and for being reckless on the roads
Please Visit your Nearest Traffic Police Station which is at Jeevan bhima nagar and lodge a simple complaint first. You already have all the details required for the same. It's a plain hit and run case. Police will use all the resources to track the culprit down. Your actions can save lot of people on the road in the future.

Thanks,
shenoytech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 11:50   #2818
Senior - BHPian

why can't people just stick to their lanes and not create new ones!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_3054.jpg
an example from daily life for your enjoyment!
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 12:15   #2819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
why can't people just stick to their lanes and not create new ones!
There is just no concept of driving straight or driving in your lane in India! Bikers ride as if they are snakes personified, so do the taxi and autowallahs.

The only sane people driving on the road are either (relatively) new car owners or those who love their vehicles/life too much. Rest all play the wonderful game "Who dares wins!"
Old 28th November 2011, 12:34   #2820
Senior - BHPian

kaggadasapura, vignannagar, basavanagar has turned out to be hell, during the peak hour it feels like people are returning from war...
few weeks back almost got hot by a white i20 the idoit was driving so afast ina narrow road...

people have gone crazy in these areas!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyam.n10 View Post

Most Viewed