Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2012, 04:35   #3106
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Finally some good news regarding the road connecting Graphite india junction to ORR (marathalli). The strech after the Alpine Eco apartments looks like it could tarred in a few days time. Today the road has been levelled.
I observed the same as well. However, be prepared for new speedbreakers which would inevitably come up.
Old 19th March 2012, 11:23   #3107
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Finally some good news regarding the road connecting Graphite india junction to ORR (marathalli). The strech after the Alpine Eco apartments looks like it could tarred in a few days time. Today the road has been levelled.
The road has been tarred. This is the update from my wife who just reached office now.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 12:27   #3108
BHPian

Entirely unexpected but true!

Yesterday I started from Turahalli and 9.15AM was at my home on OMR past KR Puram at 10.25AM. ~34kms. Best thing was that from Jayanagar till Mahadevpura on ORR, I did not have to stop even once. Reached home just in time for F1
Old 19th March 2012, 12:44   #3109
Senior - BHPian

Finally the 2nd flyover ramp has been opened up near Lumbini gardens. Hebbal to Nagawara is a breeze now and then at Nagawara signal all hell breaks loose.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 15:56   #3110
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there any website / mail-id where one can post pic road condition (this case a speed breaker)? Remember few months back officials had taken out few speed breakers terming them illegal. However, on wind tunnel road next to wind tunnel entrance some 4 speed breakers have come up in last week or so. One of them is so huge that there is no way you can get over it without scrapping underbody. Whats worse this has come up on a road which is full of potholes.
Old 19th March 2012, 16:08   #3111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Finally the 2nd flyover ramp has been opened up near Lumbini gardens. Hebbal to Nagawara is a breeze now and then at Nagawara signal all hell breaks loose.
Any body knows the particular reason why BDA has chosen not to construct a flyover at Nagwara Junction? I feel that junction is a lot more congested than the veerannapalaya (Near Lumbini garden) junction. Moreover, they are promoting the road from Nagwara towards Hegde Nagar/Kogilu/Bagalur cross as an alternate road to BIA which means traffic density might further increase!
Old 19th March 2012, 16:19   #3112
Senior - BHPian

There is a broken down BMTC bus (Volvo I think) in front of Hyper City mall, Kundanahalli, blocking traffic towards Marathahalli. If it can create so much jam at 4 pm, I can't imagine what will happen at 6 pm!!
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 12:58   #3113
BHPian

I usually go to work after 11AM to avoid traffic. But off late, due to a early meeting, I have to start to office around 9.30AM. And boy, what a mess the traffic is between the Indiranagar 100ft road till the Dell office on the inner ring road.

I took me 40mts to reach the Dell office from the Barbeque Nation, that too on a bike! I could see many cars stranded for more time and frustrated with the snail pace.
flyingkolors is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 13:23   #3114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
I usually go to work after 11AM to avoid traffic. But off late, due to a early meeting, I have to start to office around 9.30AM. And boy, what a mess the traffic is between the Indiranagar 100ft road till the Dell office on the inner ring road.

I took me 40mts to reach the Dell office from the Barbeque Nation, that too on a bike! I could see many cars stranded for more time and frustrated with the snail pace.

I passed through that stretch around 9.05 AM today and there were very few vehicles. But, yeah i agree that post 9.20-9.30 AM that entire flyover gets clogged with vehicles moving at a very slow pace.

Last edited by a*ed : 28th March 2012 at 13:45.
Old 28th March 2012, 19:24   #3115
BHPian

If one comes out of Manipal hospital and intends to go towards Marathalli, where is the first legal U-turn?
Old 28th March 2012, 19:28   #3116
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Believe me there are several bylanes in Indiranagar (parallel and perpendicular to 100 feet road) and by using an alternating combination of left and right turns you can quickly reach the road next to Bombay Store near the Domlur flyover (totally signal-free corridor). This works great for cars so it should be a breeze on a bike ! Of course you still will need to endure traffic on the flyover all the way upto Embassy Golf Links campus.
If you can give more details of how and where you join onto 100 feet road, maybe I can give you some pointers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
If one comes out of Manipal hospital and intends to go towards Marathalli, where is the first legal U-turn?
I think you would need to drive all the way upto the signal at the junction of Shanthi Sagar (on left), Domlur BMTC/Water Tank (on right). Go past this signal and at the next junction you will see a huge tree on the left - if I remember correctly you can make a legal U-turn here. Other alternatives would be:
1.Turn left onto service road just after the inner ring road junction (before Shanthi Sagar junction signal). You will now be parallel to Airport Road and will reach the junction near Shanthi Sagar. Here you can turn right and again right at the signal to get you back onto Airport Road in the reverse direction !
2.Just after the inner ring road junction get onto the ramp that leads to 100 feet Road. Once on 100 feet Road, at the next junction after Stanley store make a left turn. Once on this road, at the second junction make a left again (this is the road that has Kalki temple and leads to the Domlur BDA complex). At the BDA Complex, turn left again onto the road that has the BMTC depot and you will join airport road at the Shanthi Sagar signal. Turn left and you're on Airport Road in the reverse direction !
This is not as complex as it seems when explained here in words !

Last edited by NPV : 28th March 2012 at 19:56. Reason: typo fixed
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 19:42   #3117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Under the flyover 100 ft rd and old airport rd. But be careful as the turn is tight and Lt front fender can hit easily.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 19:46   #3118
BHPian

Quote:
People take a U turn at the signal right after the flyover (just before the Domlur bus stop). But the 'legal' turn is the next signal after Domlur bus stop I think. I may be wrong though.

EDIT: @Goandude: The one you mentioned is closed now since its slowing the traffic at that junction. One has to go further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
If you can give more details of how and where you join onto 100 feet road, maybe I can give you some pointers.
I agree buddy. I come from the Bhimanagar and take the parallel lane to 100ft road all the time and join it at the Bombay store. But, as you said, we still have to face the music on the flyover all the way till EGL.

In fact, I noticed that more and more people have started taking these bylanes and these are filled with bikes/cars/autos too.

Last edited by flyingkolors : 28th March 2012 at 19:49.
flyingkolors is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 20:13   #3119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Take immediate left after Domlur flyover to join the service road. Proceed till Shantisagar hotel junction and make a right to join old Airport road towards Marathalli. U turn under flyover closed long back.

Last edited by poloman : 28th March 2012 at 20:15.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 10:50   #3120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Under the flyover 100 ft rd and old airport rd. But be careful as the turn is tight and Lt front fender can hit easily.
If you are talking about the turn in front of Diamond District's left gate, that was closed long ago. As you said, the turn is so tight that many cars would either reverse a little to complete the turn, or would go to the left lane to get a better radius. Needless to say, this created chaos.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks