Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2012, 12:26   #3121
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
If you are talking about the turn in front of Diamond District's left gate, that was closed long ago. As you said, the turn is so tight that many cars would either reverse a little to complete the turn, or would go to the left lane to get a better radius. Needless to say, this created chaos.
I used it in Nov 2011, now if it is closed then how does one take a U turn to go back to marathahalli side?
Old 29th March 2012, 12:58   #3122
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
I used it in Nov 2011, now if it is closed then how does one take a U turn to go back to marathahalli side?
Go to Domlur, get onto service road and enter junction
Old 29th March 2012, 15:44   #3123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You have to perforce go towards the Domlur Interchange. Then:

1. You can take left, go a looooong way to find a legal U-turn half-way between Domlur and Ejipura, and return. Not recommended. :-) I don't know what the status of the road through EGL to Challaghatta is.

2. Go straight, turn left at the next signal, do a U-turn somewhere inside, return to Airport Road (perhaps alternatives exist to this, I am not too sure).

3. Take the ramp that takes you towards Indiranagar on 100 ft Road. Then:

3a. Take a right turn at the junction that comes immediately after (where the Double Road meets 100 ft Road). Go into the lane and take a right turn at the end. You will emerge on Old Airport Road (I am not too sure if this is a legal right turn, but a lot of people do it).

3b. Go further up 100 ft Road and take a right turn at the signal onto 12th Main. Hit 80 ft Road near BSNL and take JB Nagar Main Road.

I usually do 3b as it is the least stressful of these, and justify the detour by clubbing something else with my Manipal visits (like paying telephone bill or having a chat at Laddoos or shopping at Tippasandra :-)
Old 29th March 2012, 16:29   #3124
BHPian

Traffic Alert
If anybody's taking the road to Bannerghatta side through Wipro gate, Bettadasanapura etc, please avoid that route today. The main road in the village is blocked for some function and the detour is in horrible condition (Take the NICE road instead). Left office early today and had to take the detour. Take it only if you want some off-roading and rock crawling (not joking). Couldn't find any other thread where I could post this. Hope this reaches people in time.
Old 30th March 2012, 08:08   #3125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Go to Domlur, get onto service road and enter junction
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
You have to perforce go towards the Domlur Interchange. Then:
Wow our traffic planners need to be congratulated if a change of direction of driving is to be this horrendous. But thanks to you guys, one must plan the trip so as to minimise the requirement of U turn here.
Old 30th March 2012, 08:26   #3126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow our traffic planners need to be congratulated if a change of direction of driving is to be this horrendous. But thanks to you guys, one must plan the trip so as to minimise the requirement of U turn here.
This is the status between the Wind Tunnel Road junction and Domlur Interchange - if you emerge on the city-bound carriageway and want to go east towards Marathahalli.

Beyond the Wind Tunnel Road junction towards Marathahalli, the problem is exactly the opposite - too many unsignalled/uncontrolled breaks in the median. Between this junction and HAL junction, there are 4 such (a distance of about 1.5 km). From HAL junction till Yemalur junction, maybe 10 or so (another 3 km-ish). Only 2 or 3 of these are actually road junctions - remaining are all in front of gates/entrances to various offices along the road.

So, people make indiscriminate U-turns at all these points, causing traffic chaos every day during rush time. At some places (especially in front of Total) they even block the lanes for through traffic. The bad illumination of the road, the speedbreakers (about 15 I guess) and these beaks in median all make the Old Airport Road a complete pain to drive on.

PS: There also seem to be a tree overhanging problem on the Old Airport Road? I have often seen BMTC and other bus drivers suddenly changing lanes, likely when they see a tree that they would hit if the continued along the leftmost lane.
Old 30th March 2012, 10:09   #3127
Senior - BHPian

Team, Need an input from guys around Cv raman Nagar.
How does one commute to Byapanahalli from Cv raman nagar? Are the metro feeder service busses passing this way? Taking a vehicle there will be a problem due to the U turn requirement. Walking the 1.5 km would be rather dusty and then crossing OMR is difficult. Of course autos would be a royal pain as the distance is very short.
Old 30th March 2012, 14:24   #3128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How does one commute to Byapanahalli from Cv raman nagar? Are the metro feeder service busses passing this way? Taking a vehicle there will be a problem due to the U turn requirement. Walking the 1.5 km would be rather dusty and then crossing OMR is difficult. Of course autos would be a royal pain as the distance is very short.
If i am not mistaken, I did read about a metro feeder service on this route.
The attached document does show a route and if the original plan still stands the feeder should take the route from the road next to big bazaar to kaggadasapura and the metrostation.
Attached Files
File Type: docx MFR_English.docx (18.0 KB, 413 views)
Old 31st March 2012, 07:13   #3129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
If i am not mistaken, I did read about a metro feeder service on this route.
The attached document does show a route and if the original plan still stands the feeder should take the route from the road next to big bazaar to kaggadasapura and the metrostation.
Unfortunately they have discontinued the feeder routes. The Byapanahalli station is so poorly connected. There is no way for pedestrians to cross OMR nor is there a way for vehicles coming from KR Puram to turn into the station. What planning?
Old 1st April 2012, 12:29   #3130
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I remember there was a feeder bus from Kaggadasapura to Byappanahalli metro station, not sure if this has been discontinued.
If you're taking a vehicle, take the Suranjan Das Road and turn right onto Old Madras Rd to reach the Byappanahalli station and park your vehicle. Once you return from the metro ride, proceed straight on Old Mds Road and turn right at the Big Bazaar signal to reach C V Raman Nagar via Nagavarapalya.
Alternately, you could turn left on the Suranjan Das Road - Old Mds Road junction and reach the Swami Vivekananda Road metro station near the 80 feet road junction and park there (the parking lot is ready). The parking lot is accessible from Old Mds Road as well as 80 feet Road.
Old 5th April 2012, 15:06   #3131
BHPian

Hillarious start to the day.

My regular travel route is via Sarjapur Road-Koramangla-Krupanidhi College-St John's Hospital-Hosur Road-Dairy Circle.

I was in the central lane at the St John's - Hosur Rd jn. When the signal went green, I took the regular left turn, sticking to my center lane. Just about at the end of the turn, I noticed a furiously honking Innova on my left. Also noticed a auto in the left lane right ahead.
I stuck to my lane and honker had to slow down and get behind me.
He continues riding my bumper and honking. Unfortunately, there wasnt much to do unless his honking makes my Punto vanish in thin air.
Near Big Bazaar, I found some gap, gave the Dieselexpress box a kick and took off. Mr Honker not very pleased at all. Firstly he wasnt let go because he had a big car and more importantly then getting smoked!
Due to the traffic in front of Forum, I come to a stand still. The innova guy was a few cars behind. He got down and came to have a piece of me:

Me : en problem sir? (what's the problem?)
He : Gaadi chalaneko nahin aata kya? (Don't you know how to drive?)

Strike one: Doesnt speak Kannada(because, my Kannada is pathetic. Wouldnt have been able to come back with smart bytes)

Me : Nahin. Nahin aata (Nope, I cant).

He(losing it) : Aise Gaadi chalate hain kya? (Is this the way to drive?)

Me : Aise hi seekha hain. Aaap ko jaldi hain toh aap aage jao! (I have learnt to drive like this only. If you are in a hurry, please go ahead! )

Strike Two

The guy lost it and went back rambling to his car.
The signal went green and since his lane moved earlier, he came next to me, trying to give me another stare down. I returned a flying kiss (oops, no more smilies). His expression was priceless.
Strike three and Out!

Last edited by aqualeo2040 : 5th April 2012 at 15:10.
aqualeo2040 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 16:01   #3132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Me : en problem sir? (what's the problem?)
He : Gaadi chalaneko nahin aata kya? (Don't you know how to drive?)
The first thing you should have done is to ask him to speak only in Kannada

I wish I encounter such a guy in Madras....
Old 5th April 2012, 16:53   #3133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
The first thing you should have done is to ask him to speak only in Kannada

I wish I encounter such a guy in Madras....
Oh! I wish my Kannada was that good. Am still learning.

The more exasperated he got the cooler I became.

I am probably a bad driver but somehow the moron in me refuses to get bullied by vehicles riding my bumper.

If he had dipped his light/honked decently, he would have got his wish.
Old 5th April 2012, 18:53   #3134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040

I am probably a bad driver but somehow the moron in me refuses to get bullied by vehicles riding my bumper.
What i do when someone rides my bumper is to slow down. The closer they are the slower i go. Reduces chances of getting rear ended. To overtake they would need to move away from my bumper and that allows me to speed up just enough
Old 5th April 2012, 19:35   #3135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
What i do when someone rides my bumper is to slow down. The closer they are the slower i go. Reduces chances of getting rear ended. To overtake they would need to move away from my bumper and that allows me to speed up just enough
Yes sir. I did exactly that. Just before I let the dieselexpress rip. This might have riled up the guy even more .

A few days back I had another bumper lover. A white scorpio at 10pm on Sarjapur Rd (around Agara Lake). Came in at very high speed, no headlights, only fog lights & pilot lamps. Immediately showed hand signal for him to slow down. he cut left and then he cut right and then he kept cutting until he could bully past anyone. Going by the reputation of white scorpios, I stayed out of his way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks