Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2012, 23:15   #3136
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Things are moving really slow these days on old airport road (the stretch from Brand Factory to HAL Museum). There's some piping work going on so one-lane on the side going towards Domlur is dug up.

Also, be careful while driving at night as both-way traffic flows on the lane towards Marathahalli.

Don't know if this was just for today but the streetlights weren't working either.
Old 5th April 2012, 23:20   #3137
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

If i need to go from Silk board to Hyderabad road(Hebbal) at around 9 AM, can i choose ORR or MG road-Palace grounds road?
Old 5th April 2012, 23:25   #3138
BHPian

^^ I would suggest ORR. Whenever I go to BIAL, I take ORR. You might start 15-20 mins earlier as it is peak office hour and you can expect heavy traffic around Ecospace & Manyata..

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 5th April 2012 at 23:26.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 23:43   #3139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
If i need to go from Silk board to Hyderabad road(Hebbal) at around 9 AM, can i choose ORR or MG road-Palace grounds road?
You can go thru' ORR but remember, a 0.5 km stretch from Udupi Garden signal to Silk Board itself takes 40mins at that time.

From Silk board, traffic flows smoothly. Wherever you are to Silk board is the challenge.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 09:49   #3140
Senior - BHPian

Traffic density has increased greatly over the years and snarls happen often. driving for me has become a tension filled experience here, so now i take the ac volvos and enjoy quality time with my family, the peace of mind while riding thru all the snarls is priceless
Old 6th April 2012, 09:53   #3141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Contradicting others but I feel that city route is a lot better these days.

From silk board it's somewhat smooth till KR puram but after that progress is slow thanks to all construction work. Also Manyata tech park traffic. ORR is also longer.

If you take full Hosur road till Richmond road then MG road then Sankey road the distance is lesser and the traffic is a lot smoother.

These days if I have to go to airport from Sarjapur road I take city route only. I tried ORR once during peak evening to pick up folks and they ended up waiting for 25mins.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 10:30   #3142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Contradicting others but I feel that city route is a lot better these days.
I suppose this depends on the route you take. I tried the Vayu Vajra route once, and have been repenting it (almost missed my flight). This route is HAL > JB Nagar > CMH Road > Trinity Circle > Ulsoor > St. John's Road > Nandidurga Road > Mehkri Circle > Hebbal.

Not that ORR is any dependable - once my brother-in-law dropped me at the airport. I checked in, took the flight (to Hyderabad), drove from the airport there to home (Madhapur) and then called him - he was still stuck in traffic on the ORR on his way back :-)
Old 6th April 2012, 10:37   #3143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I suppose this depends on the route you take. I tried the Vayu Vajra route once, and have been repenting it (almost missed my flight). This route is HAL > JB Nagar > CMH Road > Trinity Circle > Ulsoor > St. John's Road > Nandidurga Road > Mehkri Circle > Hebbal.
The St Johns Road / Nandidurg Road is narrow and takes time. Any route which goes via Raj Bhavan, Bellary Road, Hebbal is relatively free from blockages
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 10:38   #3144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
That's a bad bad route. You listed all the hotspots in that Vayu Vajra route.

The route I mentioned works better because all roads are wide and managed by cops better since it's the primary airport route.
Old 6th April 2012, 13:48   #3145
Distinguished - BHPian

ORR might not be the fastest option if the Destination is Hebbal or Beyond. The newly opened flyovers at Bellandur and other places before KR Puram have surely made things better but the story remains the same at KR Puram for which I see no solution at all in the near future.

KR Puram Bridge is a mess and so is the section near Kamanahalli where traffic comes to standstill due to pending work on the underpass/overbridge.

Additionally, nothing can be predicted about the Nagawara Signal and Hebbal Junction from where you need to take a right from below the flyover.

I have been driving from Electronics City to Vidyaranyapura everyday since the past 6 years and have found that the following route is always the fastest as opposed to the ORR or any other options.

Silkboard>Forum>Adugodi>St Marks Junction>Kumble>Circle>GPO Signal>Chalukya Signal>Golf Course/Windsor Manor>Bellary Road>Hebbal.

Of course, during peak hours, the road all the way from Highgrounds till the Magic Box gets Jammed (thanks to the super narrow Magic boxes and overpass near BDA) but the traffic keeps moving all the times.

The next bottleneck is as you descend under the Mekhri Circle underpass due to another narrow section near Airforce Command Center and those bus stops. But again, traffic keep moving.

Once you cross this, you can easily drive non stop till Kogigehalli signal which these days doesn't take much time to pass since the road is relatively wider now due to the inclusion of service lanes to accommodate construction.

Another advantage of driving through the city is the fact that this road witnesses almost Zero truck traffic which is not the case with ORR where all the times one needs to encounter huge trucks (Despite of the ban in the mornings and evenings) who take off at a snail's pace from a signal making you wait for second time for the Red light.

Unless it is a weekend, my vote goes to the City route all the days.

Last edited by paragsachania : 6th April 2012 at 13:50.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 14:37   #3146
Team-BHP Support

Expect unusually long traffic jams around Kundalahalli signal : all three roads leading to it - the one from Whitefield, ITPL and Marathahalli.

BBMP has finally decided to work on the leaking drainage pipelines. Hope they fix the road after that.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 17:08   #3147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Expect unusually long traffic jams around Kundalahalli signal : all three roads leading to it - the one from Whitefield, ITPL and Marathahalli.

BBMP has finally decided to work on the leaking drainage pipelines. Hope they fix the road after that.

My wife just updated that there was a long traffic jam at Kundalahalli gate today around 4:45 PM. Hope they fix it soon.
Old 6th April 2012, 18:34   #3148
Senior - BHPian

Update:

Left from Silk board at 11.00 AM and reached Kodegahalli by 12. The route i took was the same as paragsachania mentioned. It was slow, but moving all the time and roads were smooth.

Started by 3 PM via ORR and it took the same 1 hour, the distance was substantially more. Road surface was bad.

So my preference would be the city road.
Old 6th April 2012, 18:37   #3149
BHPian

The speed breaker city has almost broken my back as well as the axles of my car and my bike!!

But, for the last week or so, I'm seeing that quite a few of them have been leveled in and around Indiranagar! I just hope they're not making way for worse un-designed ones!!

Related to this, the Delhi High Court had categorized speed breakers as hazards, and most of them were removed from Delhi's roads around 5-6 years back! Why don't the other cities take cognizance of the same??
adroit_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 21:04   #3150
BHPian

Friend is moving to Bangalore. His office is near Bangalore Central mall. Any suggestions where he should find a house to keep one-way commute time below 30 mins?

Office timings are regular - 9:30/10 am to 7:30-8 pm
Are indiranagar/parts of koramangala/domlur fine? I thought of these as he wants to be in more "youthful" places

Thanks in advance

P.S. Are there any residential places around mg itself? How expensive are they?

Last edited by e1t1bet : 6th April 2012 at 21:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks