Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2012, 18:18   #3271
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

As far as I am aware, the autos that run on Gas also have an option for petrol. Some auto drivers do carry spare cylinders but such drivers are rare breed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Ok.
The Autos that run on Gas, do they run on dual fuel like the kit converted cars or they run on gas only?
Is there a option to fill petrol and run these autos?

If not, I do not think that we can fill gas in the middle of the road like we do for petrol/diesel. In that case, the only option for them is to push the ride to the gas station doing all that circus/kirik that they do.

AltoLXI: No offence meant to what you did. Even it gets my goat. However, I guess I need my doubt clarified
Old 26th April 2012, 20:48   #3272
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Ok.
The Autos that run on Gas, do they run on dual fuel like the kit converted cars or they run on gas only?
Is there a option to fill petrol and run these autos?

If not, I do not think that we can fill gas in the middle of the road like we do for petrol/diesel. In that case, the only option for them is to push the ride to the gas station doing all that circus/kirik that they do.

AltoLXI: No offence meant to what you did. Even it gets my goat. However, I guess I need my doubt clarified
The autos never fill up petrol.They run completely on Gas. I have asked many auto drivers regarding this.So the only option is to push to the gas station. And heck,these autos don't even have a gas gauge ! I dunno how on earth they keep tab of the amount of gas left in the gas tank
Old 27th April 2012, 10:36   #3273
BHPian

Today, observed Digital cameras in the hands of traffic police at each and every junction from JP nagar to Jayanagar, and the good thing is that they are capturing the photos of people standing on the zebra crossing at jayanagar 4th block signal. Good that they started following Hyderabad traffic police, hope to see bangalore traffic streamlined atleast after sometime.
Old 27th April 2012, 11:46   #3274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
that they are capturing the photos of people standing on the zebra crossing at jayanagar 4th block signal
You mean, vehicles stopped/standing on the zebra crossing??
Old 27th April 2012, 11:51   #3275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
You mean, vehicles stopped/standing on the zebra crossing??
Yes, the cops standing at each junction are taking snaps of the people standing/stopping on the zebra crossings (who crossed the stop line). And now they will have visual proofs for violations, and hopefully they send e-challans to offenders addresses (as Hyderabad Traffic police did it).

Also expect to pay the courier charges + sur-charges along with the actual fine, once the e-challan is implemented.
Old 27th April 2012, 17:05   #3276
BHPian

Spotted 2 looneys on a kinetic honda performing a wheelie which lasted atleast 300m all the way from Lalbagh main gate to the next traffic signal. Wonder how these people survive. Lucky for me I was in the opposite side of the road.
Old 27th April 2012, 17:20   #3277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Spotted 2 looneys on a kinetic honda performing a wheelie which lasted atleast 300m all the way from Lalbagh main gate to the next traffic signal. Wonder how these people survive. Lucky for me I was in the opposite side of the road.
This is pretty much a daily sight for me near my residence.
On top of it, these idiots starts racing with in the residential by lanes at 2am or 3am in the night. This wakes up the entire neighbourhood because of the bikes' loud exhaust noise. A formal complaint lodged by a few of the residents has reduced the night racing. But still we get woken up at ungodly hours because of these idiots.

Call me insensitive or whatever, I secretly wish these morons get themselves removed from the gene pool without hurting others.
Old 2nd May 2012, 08:27   #3278
BHPian

Update from the transport department in my company at 7:15AM

Quote:
Heavy overnight rains have flooded the underpass at Kadubeesanahalli junction. This has resulted in slow movement of traffic at the junction as traffic is diverted onto service road. The authorities are making arrangements to pump out water and clear the road. However this may lead to slow traffic movement on Outer ring road on either side of the junction. Employees are advised to plan their travel as there will be delays.
Old 2nd May 2012, 08:58   #3279
BHPian

hi,
Update from underpass between marathalli ORR and Intel Junction! due to overnight rains, and incomplete sewage line for underpass, there is about 12 inches of waterlogged for stretch of 25 feet. I was stupid enough to take this lane(than goin over the bridge). Small cars please avoid taking underpass, but take the small lane overbridge, the water level is scary and at one point of time I felt no traction for my wheels, though I was in first gear. My horn stopped working but everything else seems ok. For people coming from Marathalli towards intel there is sea of traffic plus water level is little low on this side. But you to pass this as there is no other road. If you can take alternative route that is best. Cops are there but they are just helpless!
Old 2nd May 2012, 08:59   #3280
Team-BHP Support

Not sure how many are able to check such updates so early in the morning.
Anyway, i sufferred as part of this traffic jam at Kadubeesanahalli once again. I wonder what sort of a underpass they had designed, without adequate drainage facilities!
Old 2nd May 2012, 09:10   #3281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerTrained View Post
hi,
Update from underpass between marathalli ORR and Intel Junction! due to overnight rains, and incomplete sewage line for underpass, there is about 12 inches of waterlogged for stretch of 25 feet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Anyway, i sufferred as part of this traffic jam at Kadubeesanahalli once again. I wonder what sort of a underpass they had designed, without adequate drainage facilities!
I was fortunate enough to get a little bit space and could take the upper single lane. The underpass was jam packed from both sides and I passed through that place at around 07:15, when the pile up had just started. I really wonder what kind of work they do over there? If this is the case now, wonder how we can commute during the monsoon We might have to park the car on one end and swim across.

Last edited by A350XWB : 2nd May 2012 at 09:11.
Old 2nd May 2012, 09:33   #3282
Distinguished - BHPian

Further Update: Just came from Belandur to Intel. The Road towards Marathahalli side is totally jammed atleast till IBlur (That was what I could see. Am sure it is now way beyond that).
Old 2nd May 2012, 11:29   #3283
Team-BHP Support

Update on the traffic jam due to flooding of Kadubeesanahalli underpass - traffic now jammed all the way from Kadubeesanahalli to Agara, HSR layout for a record stretch of 7km!!

I was at ORR near Bangalore central at 8.30am today where the jam was, thought it was another case of the bridge collapsing in Kadubeesanahalli. Then I spoke to an indicab driver next to me who said his friend had called him and told about the water logged underpass.

Finally spent 2 hours on ORR in the hot sun before I could get out of this mess! I wonder who designs these underpass constructions. Is it not common sense that rain water will tend to accumulate towards the bottom end of the slope, if there are no outlets?

On monday I saw all these underpasses and flyovers on ORR were being decorated supposedly for inauguration or visit by our CM. I wish he had visited today morning and seen the real construction quality.

Last edited by KarthikK : 2nd May 2012 at 11:31.
Old 2nd May 2012, 11:45   #3284
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Finally spent 2 hours on ORR in the hot sun before I could get out of this mess! I wonder who designs these underpass constructions. Is it not common sense that rain water will tend to accumulate towards the bottom end of the slope, if there are no outlets?
Isn't it surprising that even the last time there was such a mess at this junction, it never made it to the newspapers even!

Looks like they do not seek to learn from previous mistakes, or that history repeats itself. On the very same ORR stretch alone, we have had instances of flooding earlier owing to rains - the Marathalli underpass, and the underpass below the railway bridge leading towards KR Puram.

Considering these, a flyover would have been a better bet than an underpass which has no drainage facilities!
Old 2nd May 2012, 11:53   #3285
Senior - BHPian

How does the water get drained if there are no drainage facilities? The drainage will be a little slower and might have some water logging during a heavy downpour. But they do have drainage for all the underpasses throughout the city.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks