Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2012, 15:53   #3421
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
I was stuck in the traffic mess created due to the Samavesha in palace grounds yesterday.

The day the city was hijacked again by politicians and mobs

Regards
Just escaped yesterday and made it a point not to travel that way. Since I stay at RT Nagar, any travel of mine into the city would have involve Bellary Road and going through the mess you had to go through. I did go out on my Wego on a round and saw that the scene is going to worsen during the day

I like the way the Times of India has covered a half pager in today's edition of how for Nine hours, Bangalore was brought to a halt. I recall a few months back when an Hon. Cabinet minister belonging to the national ruling party (Ex Karnataka CM ) had visited the city and I was stuck in a jam for half hour. No mention of that by TOI then. I think its really time to move ahead of the times to more unbiased reporting.
Old 4th June 2012, 16:38   #3422
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Usually start off 30 mins before my shift to reach Electronic City from Koramangala on time every day. Today had to fill up petrol so took the road on the left at the St.Johns signal and continued on the same road after that. Got stuck for some time because of a broken down BMTC bus and worse, they have started some work for an underpass at the area marked in the map. Are they trying to make it signal-free? I cannot imagine how many more months of hardship before it gives us temporary respite. And then it will become like that useless Madiwala underpass that is more of a traffic hassle than a solution.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-underpass.jpg  

Old 4th June 2012, 16:52   #3423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
, they have started some work for an underpass at the area marked in the map. Are they trying to make it signal-free?
The digging you saw is for the Sirsi-Agara signal free corridor. The signal-free corridor project is proposed along the Sarjapur Road stretch between Madiwala and Agara. 4 underpasses would come up along the 4 km stretch at the cost of around 125 crore rupees.
A heap of controversies are likely to hamper the project, delay it and cause more inconvenience for all citizens using the stretch. already residents in the area are up in arms against the project. 40 trees were cut last week for the work.
Old 4th June 2012, 17:25   #3424
Senior - BHPian

Dont know about others but I am totally against any more underpasses in this city! They are nothing but the biggest traffic nuisance. For example, the one at Cessna Tech Park. Its living hell passing thru that each day. And God save us the day when it rains, especially if it rains in the evening (which is not uncommon here)
Old 4th June 2012, 17:44   #3425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
A heap of controversies are likely to hamper the project, delay it and cause more inconvenience for all citizens using the stretch. already residents in the area are up in arms against the project. 40 trees were cut last week for the work.
Its always the trees! Sad, sad sad! Its just some hare-brained scheme to mint some money and siphon some off to some corporater's pocket!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Dont know about others but I am totally against any more underpasses in this city! They are nothing but the biggest traffic nuisance. For example, the one at Cessna Tech Park. Its living hell passing thru that each day. And God save us the day when it rains, especially if it rains in the evening (which is not uncommon here)
Yes, totally agree! I mean, the Madiwala "underpass" is such a miserable mess. It was supposed to ease traffic but does nothing of the sort. Traffic going straight has to be "bottle-necked" into taking the under-pass. And when it rains, there is no drainage for the water to flow away. Moreover, the grates over this non-existant drain have already broken the concrete around it and created a section for cars and bikes to slow down.
Old 5th June 2012, 05:07   #3426
Team-BHP Support

Its quite common to see cabbies drive down the wrong side of the road whenever they spot the slightest semblance of a jam. If the road in question is one without dividers you can expect hell let loose. It was no different on the road in front of Alpine Eco apartments leading to Marathalli last evening.

As usual there were Indicabs, Sumos and Tempo Travellers all over the wrong side of the road blocking any movement. I did my part in ensuring not a single one of such wiseguys were able to poke their nose ahead of my vehicle while i waited patiently in line. One such Indicab met his match in the form of a tipper lorry which came up from the opposite side. This guy refused to get off the road to proceed. He ensured the Indicab reversed quite a long way till he had place to proceed, all the while regularly threatening to mow down the Indicab in his path.

Such moments of justice on Bangalore roads are indeed priceless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Dont know about others but I am totally against any more underpasses in this city! They are nothing but the biggest traffic nuisance.
How about a 'Magic Box' ?! Do i even need to remind anyone about them?
Old 5th June 2012, 07:56   #3427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
How about a 'Magic Box' ?! Do i even need to remind anyone about them?
It's sin to call it a MAGIC BOX, Blunder box would be appropriate.
Old 5th June 2012, 10:13   #3428
Senior - BHPian

I was driving down the outer ring road last weekend into the newly constructed Hennur Road underpass.

I can confidently say that this is the only underpass in Bangalore where there are 3 speed breakers a bit into the entry and also at the exit. Pray tell me what was the logic of putting these up? During peak traffic, this would create more jams for sure.
Old 5th June 2012, 11:01   #3429
Senior - BHPian

Saw the following post by Bangalore city police on their facebook wall.

Traffic congestion at Nagawara due to water pipe problem underneath Erannapalya fly over. Those who are taking "U" turn at Erannapalya to go to Manyatha tech park are requested to go upto Hebbal fly over and take 'U' turn and come back to Manyatha .
Old 5th June 2012, 11:29   #3430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I like the way the Times of India has covered a half pager in today's edition of how for Nine hours, Bangalore was brought to a halt. I recall a few months back when an Hon. Cabinet minister belonging to the national ruling party (Ex Karnataka CM ) had visited the city and I was stuck in a jam for half hour. No mention of that by TOI then. I think its really time to move ahead of the times to more unbiased reporting.
Yep, I know how the media works in India.

OT : Its time I think like West, the media should openly state which political outfit they support.

Regards
Old 5th June 2012, 14:48   #3431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Saw the following post by Bangalore city police on their facebook wall.

Traffic congestion at Nagawara due to water pipe problem underneath Erannapalya fly over. Those who are taking "U" turn at Erannapalya to go to Manyatha tech park are requested to go upto Hebbal fly over and take 'U' turn and come back to Manyatha .
This is going to delay us by atleast 20 minutes daily. Some enterprising morons though have removed the divider blocks and were taking U turns before the flyover. Less said about the entry to the Tech Park, the better. Chaos is an understatement.
Old 7th June 2012, 00:53   #3432
Senior - BHPian

Daily jam caused by AMD buses at Bangalore

If you work for AMD or know someone who does, please pass this on to them asking to share with AMD India management.

Every evening between 4 - 5:45 PM, the BMTC buses hired by AMD are illegally parked in the middle of the road in front of AMD office (the road opp to Tesco) at WhiteField EPIP Zone. The drivers just park and go for tea/snacks and other road users have just one lane left to use, causing a jam almost everyday. Daily I lose 15min trying to get my car out. On several occasions, I have tried entering the office speaking with the concerned AMD officials but the security at the reception always prevented me and simply directs me to the transport contractor who does nothing useful. Just today, I spoke to one facilities guy from AMD who was also not very keen in solving the issue.

See the linked video which clearly shows the double parking and the company name in the Bus's electronic board.

I wonder if such irresponsible behavior by this company would be tolerated in its parent country?

Last edited by bblost : 7th June 2012 at 11:33. Reason: Embedded the video. Thanks.
Old 7th June 2012, 01:46   #3433
BHPian

Re: Daily jam caused by AMD buses at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
If you work for AMD or know someone who does, please pass this on to them asking to share with AMD India management.

Every evening between 4 - 5:45 PM, the BMTC buses hired by AMD are illegally parked in the middle of the road in front of AMD office (the road opp to Tesco) at WhiteField EPIP Zone. The drivers just park and go for tea/snacks and other road users have just one lane left to use, causing a jam almost everyday. Daily I lose 15min trying to get my car out. On several occasions, I have tried entering the office speaking with the concerned AMD officials but the security at the reception always prevented me and simply directs me to the transport contractor who does nothing useful. Just today, I spoke to one facilities guy from AMD who was also not very keen in solving the issue.

See the linked video which clearly shows the double parking and the company name in the Bus's electronic board.
AMD Traffic Jam Whitefield Bangalore - YouTube

I wonder if such irresponsible behavior by this company would be tolerated in its parent country?
See in this case the company wont help you.The transport contractor should be spoken to. The company will help only if they really feel that the bus are causing a pain to fellow travelers.

My suggestion just blast the driver or the contractor or try taking pictures from all side of the road and make sure the security,transport guys are watching you do that. Wait for a day, if things doesn't change, just report to the nearby Police Station. I am sure they would help you here as a big company is involved.
Old 7th June 2012, 06:46   #3434
Distinguished - BHPian

Contact BTP on their website / FB page. ACP Saleem is the officer who interacts on the FB page.
Old 7th June 2012, 07:23   #3435
Senior - BHPian

The Whitefield traffic police station is right there, no?
When they don't care, what else can you do?
Even I take the Tesco road daily :-(

Most Viewed