Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2012, 16:29   #3466
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
I am planning to turn left from Jayadeva and turn right into 4th Main Road, which keeps going straight, crosses lalbagh and joins JC road and heads to corporation. Will try this route out today.

I can't avoid corporation regardless of the route so I feel the wrath of the countless buses everyday in my little Beat.
Just to update regarding the route I have quoted above. Was probably one of the most peaceful and uneventful drives home I have ever had. Very less traffic on 4th Main Road (maybe because it had rained a few minutes before). JC Road, corporation had traffic but not as much as normal.

This route is a km more than my usual Bannerghatta road route, however today I managed the 13km route in 35 odd mins. I guess I found my new route home
Old 16th June 2012, 10:52   #3467
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

This new one way at Jayadeva is killing me . My house is located on East End C Main (parallel to and behind BG road), and all the vehicles have started passing through this peaceful residential cross road to avoid the traffic at Reddy hospital junction.

Aside from the noise, it is so bad today morning, that I am not even able to reverse the linea from my house portico onto the road. Does anyone know how I can approach the authorities about this? It needs immediate action somehow. I anticipated this will happen (vehicles vandalizing our crossroads to take shortcuts). At least they can prevent crossroads from being used as shortcuts. Let them put up one-way signs here at the cross road entries, if they cannot reverse the one way on BG road.

I don't have a facebook account (deleted it recently) so I can't post in the BTP page either.

Here is a pictorial depiction of the problem we are facing from today morning

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-bannerghatta_road_one-way.jpg

Vehicles are coming towards Reddy hospital junction but the traffic there is slow moving (red circles), so they turn into the cross roads and avoid that junction altogether (green arrows). My house is located on the first diversion there, and is jam packed with traffic. We are not even able to take any vehicles out of our porticos. Added to that, quite a few old people stay here in the houses nearby and the noise levels are deafening.

Thanks for the link arun_josie. I will try that site.

EDIT : Posted my complaint on that site. These planners execute half-baked ideas and put us through hell. My residential CROSS road is choc-a-bloc with traffic (can you believe that??!!). Added to this, I have to take my dad for an appointment with the doctor now and I can do nothing about this crossroad jam. At best, I can walk 0.6km to Jayadeva flyover and take a rickshaw! *blood boiling*

Last edited by KarthikK : 16th June 2012 at 11:16.
Old 16th June 2012, 10:58   #3468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Does anyone know how I can approach the authorities about this? It needs immediate action somehow. I anticipated this will happen (vehicles vandalizing our crossroads to take shortcuts). At least they can prevent crossroads from being used as shortcuts. Let them put up one-way signs here at the cross road entries, if they cannot reverse the one way on BG road.

I don't have a facebook account (deleted it recently) so I can't post in the BTP page either.
You can try Bangalore Traffic Police site, Bangalore City Traffic Police - Complaints / Suggestions
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2012, 11:54   #3469
BHPian

Quote:
This new one way at Jayadeva is killing me . My house is located on East End C Main (parallel to and behind BG road), and all the vehicles have started passing through this peaceful residential cross road to avoid the traffic at Reddy hospital junction.

one of the suggestions is to open the median on the east end road at the intersection of BTM road. Having been born and bought up in the Jayanagar area, heart bleeds at its current plight.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2012, 12:01   #3470
Team-BHP Support

Just spoke to the sub inspector at MICO police station, under whose jurisdiction this falls. I took the number from this site, and the guy who picked up the landline gave me the mobile number of the sub-inspector
Bangalore City Traffic Police

He seemed to be a cooperative guy. I explained the problem to him, which he listened to patiently and assured me he will get no-entry boards fixed at the cross road entry points, so that traffic doesn't disrupt residential areas here. I also suggested to him to get the dividers removed and install a few speedbreakers on 39th cross. Without a signal at the masjid junction, there will be a continuous stream of traffic always and it is not possible for us residents to even cross the roads at peak hours. He said he will look into the dividers' issue but the installation of speedbreakers come under the control of BBMP supposedly.

Hopefully the main problem of cross road traffic is sorted out by evening. Fingers crossed.

P.S - some old man got hit lightly by some biker (no injuries or anything), and some residents tried to prevent traffic from getting into the crossroads. They almost came to the extent of delivering punches to whoever bikers were entering the roads , now it is peaceful though. Amazing drama going on here.

Last edited by KarthikK : 16th June 2012 at 12:06.
Old 16th June 2012, 18:21   #3471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hopefully the main problem of cross road traffic is sorted out by evening. Fingers crossed.

P.S - some old man got hit lightly by some biker (no injuries or anything), and some residents tried to prevent traffic from getting into the crossroads. They almost came to the extent of delivering punches to whoever bikers were entering the roads , now it is peaceful though. Amazing drama going on here.
Looks like you got a fast response from BTP. I passed this place around 3:00 PM and saw "one-way sign" board on couple of cross roads and one was blocked using stones.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 00:26   #3472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can feel your pain ... I commute along these roads (funny how we've never seen each other), and it is going to be a mess. Residents along the East End A, B, C, D Main Roads usually will ignore the one-way restriction. And then you have people trying to use side streets to avoid the so-called Reddy hospital junction.

And with this one way, my regular ciggie+tea stop on the way to work, the corner shop on 'A' Main Rd is going to be a pain!

Roads are a public right of way. However, Traffic Police and town planning have a duty to ensure that residential streets do not become a rat-run for commuters. So, while legally there is nothing to prevent commuters riding/driving on your quiet residential streets, if they are becoming a nuisance, BTP and BBMP had better pull their thumbs out of their butts and do something about it!
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 19:32   #3473
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

This afternoon on my way back home, traffic cops suddenly stopped traffic and turned off the signal lights to enable some VIP motorcade to pass. This was at Ulsoor Lake junction and took 10 minutes for them to turn the lights back on to allow us to go straight towards the millenia building.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-vip2.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-vip3.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-vip4.jpg
Old 17th June 2012, 19:57   #3474
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV
This afternoon on my way back home, traffic cops suddenly stopped traffic and turned off the signal lights to enable some VIP motorcade to pass. This was at Ulsoor Lake junction and took 10 minutes for them to turn the lights back on to allow us to go straight towards the millenia building.
This is what we work hard and pay taxes for!
We are all VIPs under the Constitution of India and are supposedly equal in the eyes of the law!

Ridiculous!
Old 18th June 2012, 10:20   #3475
Senior - BHPian

I am not getting enough expletives to curse the dim wit who came with the half baked idea of converting bannerghatta road into one way.

I live on East End A main road and today it took me 10 minutes just to join East End Main Road. It was pathetic, even with 5-6 traffic police manning the reddy hospital junction, it was not enough. Besides that incessant honking and pollution has ruined the neighbourhood. A few residents and I have taken this issue up with the cops at the junction. Hopefully we get back to old system soon.
The once peaceful East End Main road is dead. This road was supplementing the traffic on bannerghatta road. But now this is the only road for people trying to reach dairy circle.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 12:14   #3476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester
I am not getting enough expletives to curse the dim wit who came with the half baked idea of converting bannerghatta road into one way.

I live on East End A main road and today it took me 10 minutes just to join East End Main Road. It was pathetic
Yes, yesterday at 7pm, being Sunday there was bumper to bumper traffic on East end main road. Moreover it takes more time than earlier to reach Dairy Circle. I am sure they will change this one way rule. Please ask your neighbour hood to send written complaint to BTM layout traffic station. Also post your comment in Bangalore Traffic Face Book page.
Old 18th June 2012, 18:13   #3477
Senior - BHPian

An update on the one way implementation on Bannerghatta road.

I had emailed the additional commissioner of police on his email regarding this issue in the morning. I received the following reply.

Thank you very much for the mail. On Bannerghatta Road and East-end road, one-way is implemented on experimental basis for few days. It has been done to find solution for huge traffic congestion on Bannerghatta Road between Dairy Circle and Jayadeva flyover. Kindly bear with us for some time.
With regards,
Dr. M. A. Saleem, IPS,
Addl. Commissioner of Police,
Traffic, Bangalore City.

Hopefully let this experiment end soon and let us residents get our peaceful neighbourhood back.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 19:48   #3478
Senior - BHPian

I had an annoying experience today. I saw an ambulance with its emergency lights blinking stuck in traffic jam on the stretch from Forum Value mall to Varthur cross road. I wondered why he was not going on the wrong side. When I moved on his left, I told the passenger to go on the wrong side. Then he grinned and told me, there was no emergency. There was no patient at all! And the poor constable at that junction was struggling to manage the traffic to let the ambulance go.
Old 18th June 2012, 21:07   #3479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I had an annoying experience today. I saw an ambulance with its emergency lights blinking stuck in traffic jam on the stretch from Forum Value mall to Varthur cross road. I wondered why he was not going on the wrong side. When I moved on his left, I told the passenger to go on the wrong side. Then he grinned and told me, there was no emergency. There was no patient at all! And the poor constable at that junction was struggling to manage the traffic to let the ambulance go.
they should be flogged in public! i've seen an ambulance ferrying people like a taxi and using the blinkers and the siren!

if the ambulance drivers misuse the siren and the blinkers, people will not budge for them even if there's a real emergency and the poor patient will have to pay with his/her life.
Old 19th June 2012, 03:57   #3480
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
TOI once carried an article on how ambulance drivers misuse the siren and lights. One particular fella even mentioned he used the siren to go pick up his girlfriend! Tells you a lot about the ethics followed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks