Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2012, 11:06   #3856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude

Yes I was referring to the ORR. But what about the Nagavara road / ORR junction? Wasn't work going on there with the consequent traffic jams?

IISc underpass status - anyone?
Nagawara ORR junction has become a nightmare these days.

By IISC underpass do you mean the one after CPRI? If so work is going on there with less jams however. The only issue is private travels buses taking that route and then taking a lot of time to turn into the underpass. I was caught up once for quite sometime as a Neetu travels Volvo B9r tried to take the turn into the underpass, had to keep reversing again and again while inconveniencing the other road users. It could've as well taken the 17th cross road to reach Yeshwantpur.
Old 18th November 2012, 12:14   #3857
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post

IISc underpass status - anyone?
One side of the road in the under pass is open. People coming from Mekhri circle have to take a left towards Circle Maramma Temple and then take a 'U' turn back towards Yeshwantpur through the underpass. You come out of the underpass and join the main road, but on the right hand side of the road. Traffic from Yeshwantpur will switch over to their right hand side at the signal (where left take you to Mathikere) and continue on the road which takes them over the underpass and turn left towards Mekhri circle. I did not see any traffic coming from Malleshwaram.
Old 18th November 2012, 13:13   #3858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige

One side of the road in the under pass is open. People coming from Mekhri circle have to take a left towards Circle Maramma Temple and then take a 'U' turn back towards Yeshwantpur through the underpass. You come out of the underpass and join the main road, but on the right hand side of the road. Traffic from Yeshwantpur will switch over to their right hand side at the signal (where left take you to Mathikere) and continue on the road which takes them over the underpass and turn left towards Mekhri circle. I did not see any traffic coming from Malleshwaram.
So now, can we go from IISC to mekhri circle? The lane switch takes the road to circle maramma temple compulsorily right? How does one go to mekhri circle?
Old 18th November 2012, 16:59   #3859
Distinguished - BHPian

You can take a left just after the underpass and take the Mekhri Circle route. Inconvenient turns for large vehicles but perfectly fine for cars & bikes
Old 18th November 2012, 19:04   #3860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor

So now, can we go from IISC to mekhri circle? The lane switch takes the road to circle maramma temple compulsorily right? How does one go to mekhri circle?
Which gate of the iisc are you talking about? If you are using the gate on CV Raman road, it should not be a problem. The lane switch is only between the underpass and the next signal light towards Yeshwanthpur

Last edited by addyhemmige : 18th November 2012 at 19:08.
Old 19th November 2012, 10:13   #3861
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Which gate of the iisc are you talking about? If you are using the gate on CV Raman road, it should not be a problem. The lane switch is only between the underpass and the next signal light towards Yeshwanthpur
True. The traffic is a mess near the Sadashivanagar Police Station Signal. Not much of a mess further to the IISC underpass or the lane switch near the signal before Yeshwantapur.

But the underpass quality is simply horrible. Even if they tarr the road, the road wont be in shape for even a few months, simply due to the amount of traffic on road.
Old 19th November 2012, 10:48   #3862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Nagawara ORR junction has become a nightmare these days.

By IISC underpass do you mean the one after CPRI? If so work is going on there with less jams however.
I meant the CNR Rao circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I understand that
1. Coming from Mekhri to go to NH4, I take a LEFT at CNR Rao circle take a U turn and come to underpass.
2. After emerging from the underpass I have to be on the RIGHT side of the road (like USA)
3. At the next signal I will go to the LEFT of the road (like the rest of India)
Old 19th November 2012, 10:58   #3863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
I understand that
1. Coming from Mekhri to go to NH4, I take a LEFT at CNR Rao circle take a U turn and come to underpass.
2. After emerging from the underpass I have to be on the RIGHT side of the road (like USA)
3. At the next signal I will go to the LEFT of the road (like the rest of India)
Exactly!!! There is still a lot of work to be done and lot of construction debris in the underpass. As Parthasarathig mentioned, it will be a mess if a long vehicle tries to take a U turn to the underpass.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 15:27   #3864
Distinguished - BHPian

Sun Film checking and removal happening at Marathahalli (On the down ramp towards ORR-Silk Board side). 2-3 cars had been stopped and removal was in progress. This was at 1pm today. Also noticed this happening last Saturday on ORR near Kadubeesanahalli
Old 20th November 2012, 15:50   #3865
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Guess HAL traffic police station is active in this. Had seen them stopping cars near HAL junction- Old airport road last weekend.
Old 20th November 2012, 15:57   #3866
BHPian

Happens regularly at the Lalbagh/Hosur/KH road junction; especially during the weekends.
Old 20th November 2012, 16:10   #3867
Team-BHP Support

BTP and some others have been reporting massive gridlocks and jams all around the central districts of Bangalore. If anyone is headed out, plan ahead.

Affected areas: K G Road, SBM circle, Sheshadri Road, AnandRao circle, Kundanahalli Gate Jn - White field Road, Lalbagh..
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 17:53   #3868
BHPian

There's a bit of VIP movement expected near corporation. Traffic is being controlled by senior cops rather than the lights. I may have been lucky and must have been the last few to get past before the stopped traffic for the VIP's. Took me just 15 mins from Indian express to Jayanagar instead of the usual 40 mins.
Old 20th November 2012, 18:16   #3869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
There's a bit of VIP movement expected near corporation. Traffic is being controlled by senior cops rather than the lights. I may have been lucky and must have been the last few to get past before the stopped traffic for the VIP's. Took me just 15 mins from Indian express to Jayanagar instead of the usual 40 mins.
Dude that's 8-9 kms through some of the most congested and signal ridden roads, you did that in 15mins?

There might be slight jam in Silkboard for users coming from Madivala going towards BTM as there is Asphalting of roads happening in that section.
Old 20th November 2012, 18:27   #3870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick

Dude that's 8-9 kms through some of the most congested and signal ridden roads, you did that in 15mins?
I was surprised too. Nrupathunga road was deserted and all green until Lalbagh. Cops were clearing the roads for VIP's and I was one of the last few to get past.

Although I must disagree with you. These roads aren't the most congested. There aren't any big tech parks in this portion of the city.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks