Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2012, 14:48   #3931
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I know its not easy to drive 10 tonnes in heavy traffic, but I wouldn't be surprised if all BMTC buses carry such impressive numbers. There's obviously no point in reporting this one.
I used to travel by bus every day in the early 2000s, and I remember a sudden drive by the BMTC to instill some culture in its staff. They introduced some meditation mumbo-jumbo to help their nerves and temper. Instructed them in ethics and manners. There was a marked improvement in BMTC's road sense. They added new buses and routes too. I can actually remember it to be convenient and hassle-free. Then the Volvo was introduced, seemed almost too good to be true! Except the ticket price, to us students.

Since I moved to Pune in 2010, I return to Blore every 4-6 months, travelling mostly by bus when I'm there. The Volvos are still clean (now I can afford them too too!), their drivers and conductors still quite polite. They drive a lot more rashly than when they were new though.

However, in spite of all the "BMTC down-down", I've made my peace with our boys after seeing the pathetic excuse for public transport in Pune. There's another thread on those bone-rattling smoke-bombs somewhere.

Oh, and I always travel with KSRTC when I come home. They all know me now, and even play the Kannada movie of my choice

Cheers,
Rahul
Old 5th December 2012, 14:56   #3932
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
I was about to report this bus via Public Eye when I decided to look it up on BTIS.

Attachment 1022582
^^ Wow man, that seems to be the mother of all violators!
Here is a detailed list of offences committed:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fines.jpg

Most of the vehicle registered under F and G series have a considerable amount of offences. Not sure when such things are brought under control.

EDIT: Here's another one:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-finew.jpg

Last edited by audioholic : 5th December 2012 at 15:04.
Old 5th December 2012, 15:01   #3933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Here is a detailed list of offences committed:

Attachment 1022600

Most of the vehicle registered under F and G series have a considerable amount of offences. Not sure when such things are brought under control.
And, it is only in this country he/she will continue to drive in the same style with complete disregard for any law enforcement agency - assuming that Bangalore has one.
Tempelhof is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 15:12   #3934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
However, in spite of all the "BMTC down-down", I've made my peace with our boys after seeing the pathetic excuse for public transport in Pune. There's another thread on those bone-rattling smoke-bombs somewhere.

Oh, and I always travel with KSRTC when I come home. They all know me now, and even play the Kannada movie of my choice

Cheers,
Rahul
KSRTC is my 1st choice too. Their staff are a happy lot and are very friendly and accommodating. I remember reading an article about BMTC and KSRTC being the only profit making RTC's in India. Shows that they're run well.

I've never understood why they never use the clutch whilst changing gears. They make a 'thud' while changing and eventually leads to a noisy shafts and breakdowns. That apart, they're doing just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Can I please have the link from which this data can be accessed. This would help me verify if BTP is infact acting on the violations I post via Public Eye.

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th December 2012 at 15:27. Reason: back to back posts
Old 5th December 2012, 15:27   #3935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can I please have the link from which this data can be accessed. This would help me verify if BTP is infact acting on the violations I post via Public Eye.
The link is this.

http://www.btis.in/fines
Old 5th December 2012, 15:41   #3936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
The link is this.

http://www.btis.in/fines
That link provides information about the number of violations that have been raised against an automobile; but does not go into as much detail; ie. list the violations like Audioholic could.
Old 5th December 2012, 15:56   #3937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That link provides information about the number of violations that have been raised against an automobile; but does not go into as much detail; ie. list the violations like Audioholic could.
Yeah I realized that too after posting my reply. :(

Edit: Found it.

http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.gov.in/

On this web page on the bottom left is an option "Search & Pay violations by Vehicle Number". All the details are available over there.

Last edited by vikram_d : 5th December 2012 at 16:00.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 16:01   #3938
BHPian

Quote:
I've never understood why they never use the clutch whilst changing gears. They make a 'thud' while changing and eventually leads to a noisy shafts and breakdowns. That apart, they're doing just fine.
Completely OT but of academic interest to some of us: Shifting without using the clutch on non-synchro transmissions (usually heavy vehicles) is commonly called "floating the gears" in truckerspeak, where you match engine and GB revs before slotting in the next (or previous) gear. Ideally, apart from the shift being slow, there should be no perceivable difference from a normal clutch-shift. HCV drivers abroad receive special training on this to handle their "big-rig" transmissions which usually have 12 speeds. But our bus drivers being bus drivers...!
Old 5th December 2012, 19:08   #3939
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
For those who frequently get stuck at the level crossing near Decathlon on Sarjapur road, here is some hope.
There are small boards saying some minister will come for bhoomi puja of railway overbridge. No date is shown though. But I assume the puja is this week.

I give it 3 years for completion.

Edit- another board says the puja is today
I had met the ACP - Traffic some time back and was telling him about the problems on Sarjapur road owing to this railway crossing. He did mention then that there was a proposal of a railway overbridge at this crossing. Good to see this is finally happening - although by the time this comes up, the road in itself will be in shambles and overcrowded.

I put my bets on 4 years for this to come up.
Old 7th December 2012, 14:24   #3940
Senior - BHPian

People who travel from Sarjapur Road to Whitefield - whats the best way to head from Sarjapur Road (Kaikondrahalli) to Greenwood high (near forum value mall) at say 7:30-8 in the morning ? I know the left turn after Decathlon railway crossing is peaceful in the afternoon, but is that the best way even in mornings ?
Old 7th December 2012, 15:47   #3941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
People who travel from Sarjapur Road to Whitefield - whats the best way to head from Sarjapur Road (Kaikondrahalli) to Greenwood high (near forum value mall) at say 7:30-8 in the morning ? I know the left turn after Decathlon railway crossing is peaceful in the afternoon, but is that the best way even in mornings ?
Yes. You can either go via Karmelaram road (take left just before railway crossing) or via Kodathi (take left about 1.5 km after railway crossing) to reach Forum Value Mall. In the mornings, I usually take the latter route.

By the way, is there a Greenwood High near Forum Value mall? If you are referring to the Greenwood High school on the road from Dommasandra to Varthur (where Inventure Academy, TISB and Oakridge also are), the best way would be continuing all the way to Dommasandra on Sarjapur road and taking left. This junction would be exactly 5 km from the railway crossing.
Old 7th December 2012, 15:51   #3942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
By the way, is there a Greenwood High near Forum Value mall?
Yes there is a pre school for younger kids. Its just a few meters after the forum mall if I am not wrong.

Last edited by joslicx : 7th December 2012 at 15:53.
Old 7th December 2012, 19:47   #3943
BHPian

Quote:
I was about to report this bus via Public Eye when I decided to look it up on BTIS.

Attachment 1022582

I know its not easy to drive 10 tonnes in heavy traffic, but I wouldn't be surprised if all BMTC buses carry such impressive numbers. There's obviously no point in reporting this one.
I have posted the detailed violation snap on BTP fb page. Lets see what commissioner sir says.
Old 7th December 2012, 21:37   #3944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
I have posted the detailed violation snap on BTP fb page. Lets see what commissioner sir says.
It's been over a month since I started reporting violations via public eye and NOT EVEN ONE of the 68 violations that I've reported have been acted on. I used the link(search and pay violations by vehicle number) to verify this. I really thought BTP was serious when they launched Public Eye.

I give up.
Old 8th December 2012, 05:02   #3945
BHPian

Quote:
It's been over a month since I started reporting violations via public eye and NOT EVEN ONE of the 68 violations that I've reported have been acted on. I used the link(search and pay violations by vehicle number) to verify this. I really thought BTP was serious when they launched Public Eye.

I give up.
Remember what I told you here? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2969299 But there is always a silver lining. Dont give up. Attend the monthly meeting with area traffic PI and make some noise. That way they take action fairly fast.

Most Viewed