Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2013, 09:44   #4126
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Car owners who sport 'provocative' stickers on their rides, beware. Bangalore police could soon be at your heels!
Attachment 1044479 Image courtesy BTP FB page
Even a common 'no fear' sticker was removed! This incident could lead to a lot of debates!
I find that what the cops have done is wrong. This is a free country and a democracy and we have the right to freedom of speech as enshrined in our constitution.

Yes, a message like that is not the smartest one to have but it is not something that one must be forced to remove either.

If it were me, I would refuse to remove something that I believed in strongly enough to put a sticker of on my car.

Make no mistake, I would not put up a sticker with the message, "girls have no brains" but I would refuse to remove anything I choose to stick on my car and would happily go to court over my views.
Old 4th February 2013, 10:01   #4127
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
This is a free country and a democracy and we have the right to freedom of speech as enshrined in our constitution.
That is a myth. The "freedom of speech" as enshrined in our constitution comes with a lot of riders that it is not very free to speak one's mind out in India. See here:

http://www.constitution.org/cons/india/p03019.html

"reasonable restrictions [...] in the interests of the sovereignty and integrity of India, the security of the State, friendly relations with foreign States, public order, decency or morality, or in relation to contempt of court, defamation or incitement to an offence."

Anything can be banned based on this - if a dozen idiots go and break a few bus windshields, then it becomes a public order problem.

[Sorry for being off-topic - please respond via PMs only]
Old 5th February 2013, 15:09   #4128
Senior - BHPian

A thread in Team-BHP has been shared by Bangalore traffic police on their facebook page wall
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-btp.jpg
Great work by the OP - SDP
sandsun7 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 18:32   #4129
Senior - BHPian

This is what I wrote to BTP on their facebook page

1830 hrs: 10 Feb 2013 KFC junction 100 ft rd Indranagar, I saw a "national travels" bus with black windows parked close by. I went up to a traffic constable who had 3 stripes on his sleeve and a camera in his hand. Pointed out the bus and he says to me "only a sub inspector can take up this case and fine the owner". I was like shocked. BTP Please do not take things so lightly, do you want a repeat of the Delhi rape case??

BTP reply "yes, he can't fine them but he can take photo of the vehicle and raise the violation"

However the constable did not take a picture of the offending bus even after I pointed it out to him.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 20:19   #4130
BHPian

Bangalore traffic police really needs a crash course on Common Sense. Even in my tiny native town (which does not even figure in a regular political map and 60% residents of the district are tribals) heavy vehicles are not allowed on the main road between 6AM - 9PM, but in Bangalore it is not the case. Today at 4 PM I saw two super heavy vehicles ( the one which usually carries cars) blocked the silk board junction for sometime.

Just imagine the IQ of the person who forms rules to allow such vehicles in an important junction like Silk Board where often we find mother of all traffic jams.

Get well soon BTP !!!

Last edited by sam_boy : 11th February 2013 at 20:20.
Old 11th February 2013, 20:55   #4131
Senior - BHPian

today i happened to take the BEML road all the way to HAL and then from HAL to Marathahalli! it was nothing short of a off road track!

is this what we're paying such high road tax for?

by the time i reached my destination, i got a headache with all the rolling over!
Old 12th February 2013, 09:10   #4132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
today i happened to take the BEML road all the way to HAL and then from HAL to Marathahalli! it was nothing short of a off road track!
Is that Suranjan Das Road? It has become a nightmare to drive on. Somebody had a complaint published in Deccan Herald yesterday about it, so hopefully we will see some action.
Old 12th February 2013, 10:40   #4133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

Is that Suranjan Das Road? It has become a nightmare to drive on. Somebody had a complaint published in Deccan Herald yesterday about it, so hopefully we will see some action.
Yep, that's the one! Have you seen the turnoff to CV Raman Nagar? Makes you wonder if the authorities were planning a road or a off road track for 4x4s
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 10:57   #4134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Quote:
Yep, that's the one! Have you seen the turnoff to CV Raman Nagar? Makes you wonder if the authorities were planning a road or a off road track for 4x4s
A little patience please and you will get a spanking new 4 lane road. source http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...oad-picks.html
Old 12th February 2013, 11:06   #4135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
A little patience please and you will get a spanking new 4 lane road. source http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...oad-picks.html
Heh. "shifting of utilities [...] on Suranjan Das Road will be completed within 45 days, to widen the stretch". Published on 20/11/2012. 84 days ago.
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 11:10   #4136
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like BBMP is promoting 4x4 drives .
Old 13th February 2013, 08:53   #4137
Team-BHP Support

Work on Suranjan das road has been going on for ages. Dont know when they would finish. They are trying to fix the issue between Tippasandra main road to OMR. While doing this the opposite side (Tippasandra main road to Old Airport Road) has gone to dogs. It was bad to start with years ago and now its plain pathetic. Not worth taking at all. Add to it the traffic density. If you can avoid it better. Take the Indiranagar/80 feet road option. Its much much better.

However for people working in C V Raman Nagar, its a daily problem. But still many avoid by taking bylanes within Tippasandra. And there gets introduced the traffic jams at these odd junctions.
Old 13th February 2013, 10:23   #4138
Senior - BHPian

In the news today:
Quote:
Heavy traffic congestion at Silk Board Junction led to an ugly incident of road rage on Tuesday when a cab driver beat up a conductor of a BMTC bus
Source: http://www.bangaloremirror.com/artic...ollection.html
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 12:36   #4139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post

May be as a result of this today at around 10:15 AM I found unusual less traffic at silk board junction.
Old 13th February 2013, 12:57   #4140
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
May be as a result of this today at around 10:15 AM I found unusual less traffic at silk board junction.
When I left for office rather late at around 10.30AM today (I stay near East End circle), I thought ORR would be less crowded at that time, but I was mistaken. There was a massive traffic jam on ORR, all the way from Jayadeva flyover itself, upto BTM . Thankfully I spotted the gridlock from far away, and took my usual Dairy circle - St. johns - Madiwala - Agara route instead.

Not sure if the ORR jam was related to the article you posted.

Last edited by KarthikK : 13th February 2013 at 12:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks