Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2013, 11:41   #4291
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Slightly OT: I don't really believe in public shaming but this incident probably deserves it. If the driver of KA-01 MJ 15xx, Silver Honda Brio-S is reading this or someone who knows this person, please drive carefully. I followed the driver this weekend from Mysore to Gundlupet and I haven't seen any one more reckless. The person was driving with two more passengers and was weaving in and out of traffic as if he was playing video games. I counted at least 3 to 4 times he missed an oncoming KSRTC bus or a loaded truck by a whisker. Worst of all he and I reached Gundlupet almost at the same time. I know it is fun to drive a car that has a good engine but there is no reason to die having fun.
Old 2nd April 2013, 11:47   #4292
Senior - BHPian

Last evening was just WoW!

The moment I got out of Kadubisnahalli underpass, I could traffic piling up all the way till Bellandur flyover. Took a U-Turn into the service land and then took the New Horizon-Sarjapur Road-Ibblur junction route.

Why? Why? Why? Does the traffic go beserk once it starts raining!
praful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 12:52   #4293
Senior - BHPian

Quick update on my mis fortune today.

Started from Home, near CCD @ BTM Lake road @ 9:45 AM.
Reached AXA Signal @ 10:50AM.
Just 2.5 kms - 1hr.
Reached Office @ Whitefield @ 12:05PM.
Total 2hrs20mins of Long Drive.
I became a Cabbie driver from SilkBoard onwards. If anyone has seen me, I am sorry for being a maniac.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 12:54   #4294
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Just 2.5 kms - 1hr.
Stating the obvious: If it gets late, better to nip the problem in bud. Any work from home options?
Old 2nd April 2013, 13:02   #4295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Stating the obvious: If it gets late, better to nip the problem in bud. Any work from home options?
Ohhh, forgot to mention. Called up my Manager at 11:00 and told that probably I would take a U-Turn and go back home and WFH. He replied - 'It's your judgement. Think about it'. All that I could get was Sarcasm. He is cool with me WFH many days, but seemed he wasn't in a good mood today. Probably he wants me to step in for him in the meetings.Reached office and I see that he is on leave today
Anyways my parents are visiting me tomorrow. So I will be WFH tomorrow. Probably will leave early today also ;-)

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 2nd April 2013 at 13:04.
Old 2nd April 2013, 13:04   #4296
BHPian

Horrible situation near Bellandur flyover from past 1 week. Total mess with water logging from the drainage. Its stinking, smelling and what not. The service road which goes to Central Mall has been broken to pieces and its a high possibility that small car owners get stuck in there.
On top of it these moronic tanker drivers, they cross these 2 spots with the highest speed they can, splashing water all around.

This is common scene now here and I wonder what the BBMP authorities are doing ? They wait and watch and watch and watch ... for ever.

Its frustrating.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 13:46   #4297
BHPian

Quote:

Just 2.5 kms - 1hr.
Total 2hrs20mins of Long Drive.
I became a Cabbie driver from SilkBoard onwards. If anyone has seen me, I am sorry for being a maniac.
Well, I spent 45 mins on this road, just to cover the distance from mosque till AXA building. Strangely, there was an unattended (with blinkers on) red colored Swift (WB26 C6XXX), blocking the right most lane! I dont know what was wrong with it! And, how could the owner just leave his car in the middle of the road like that?

Also, I didn't spot a single cop at the junction which is rare. As they regulate the peak hour traffic on 29th Main everyday, I guess the pile was due to their absence as well.
Old 2nd April 2013, 13:54   #4298
BHPian

Kadubisenahalli underpass is a nightmare still. I think the people who designed and approved it had zero grey matter inside their skulls. I have no clue how the water is supposed to drain off.

Luckily bangalore doesnt rain like kerala, or we would have had ferrys to cross these underpasses.
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:06   #4299
Senior - BHPian

I am relatively new to Bangalore. I find it really strange that traffic jams at many places are caused only due to the barricades that the police put up. What is the use of putting these things up 24x7 when there are no cops in the vicinity and there is no checking going on?
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:08   #4300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
Well, I spent 45 mins on this road, just to cover the distance from mosque till AXA building. Strangely, there was an unattended (with blinkers on) red colored Swift (WB26 C6XXX), blocking the right most lane! I dont know what was wrong with it! And, how could the owner just leave his car in the middle of the road like that?

Also, I didn't spot a single cop at the junction which is rare. As they regulate the peak hour traffic on 29th Main everyday, I guess the pile was due to their absence as well.
I was having tea near the temple before the mosque. That's my regular tea spot when I leave for office. Suddenly a guy with Bluetooth headset and neatly dressed, comes running to the shop. Asks for a Sandwich, pays the money (doesn't take the change even) and runs back. I guess that was the car which had blocked the road for sometime. Darn, how could someone stop his car and run to a shop for a sandwich !
I didn't notice the Swift though. I guess it moved on by the time I reached the spot.
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:11   #4301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Last evening was just WoW!

The moment I got out of Kadubisnahalli underpass, I could traffic piling up all the way till Bellandur flyover. Took a U-Turn into the service land and then took the New Horizon-Sarjapur Road-Ibblur junction route.

Why? Why? Why? Does the traffic go beserk once it starts raining!
Because BBMP didnt do their work properly. There was water logging at Iblur. The ripple effect was the traffic jam.
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:21   #4302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurafan View Post
Slightly OT: I don't really believe in public shaming but this incident probably deserves it. If the driver of KA-01 MJ 15xx, Silver Honda Brio-S is reading this or someone who knows this person, please drive carefully. I followed the driver this weekend from Mysore to Gundlupet and I haven't seen any one more reckless. The person was driving with two more passengers and was weaving in and out of traffic as if he was playing video games. I counted at least 3 to 4 times he missed an oncoming KSRTC bus or a loaded truck by a whisker. Worst of all he and I reached Gundlupet almost at the same time. I know it is fun to drive a car that has a good engine but there is no reason to die having fun.
Totally empathise with you buddy.
This stretch, especially during weekends and at nights are full of morons like these. The best option would be to take a break and maintain safe distance from them. Sometimes, it can really get to your nerves, but not worth it.
I normally start off from Bangalore by midnight, so that I can reach Gundlupet (Bandipur forest gate) by around 4 in the morning (they open the check-post at 6am). I stop at the CCD there, have a coffee or whatever and then start again. The kind of scenes that I have seen most times at the CCD were quite disturbing.
Old 2nd April 2013, 15:36   #4303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Darn, how could someone stop his car and run to a shop for a sandwich !
I didn't notice the Swift though. I guess it moved on by the time I reached the spot.
That is really, really pathetic! If it was really that guy who parked his car and ran off, I wish we could publicly shame the guy - put a banner round his neck and parade him at some traffic signal for 10 mins!
Old 2nd April 2013, 15:53   #4304
BHPian

Quote:
I was having tea near the temple before the mosque. That's my regular tea spot when I leave for office. Suddenly a guy with Bluetooth headset and neatly dressed, comes running to the shop. Asks for a Sandwich, pays the money (doesn't take the change even) and runs back. I guess that was the car which had blocked the road for sometime. Darn, how could someone stop his car and run to a shop for a sandwich !
This car was close to the AXA signal, there is one more small restaurant just before the signal lights on the left hand side, exactly opposite to that. And, this was there for longer time than "pick up the sandwich, pay and run" time. All the vehicles in right lane had to merge to left lane to proceed. I was planning to complain this to the cop at the signal, but today strangely, didn't spot a single cop!
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:01   #4305
BHPian

Quote:
I guess that was the car which had blocked the road for sometime. Darn, how could someone stop his car and run to a shop for a sandwich !
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
That is really, really pathetic! If it was really that guy who parked his car and ran off, I wish we could publicly shame the guy - put a banner round his neck and parade him at some traffic signal for 10 mins!
Relax guys! First of all we are not sure if that was the reason that car was left on the road or it had some other snag!

Secondly, though not a reason to sympathize, that guy might be a diabetic and might have got stuck in the jam for more time than expected. We all know hypoglycemia is a killer!

All of us, including me, are being hypothetical here, but it's just a thought the moment I read Soumyajit9's post.
Added_flavor is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed