Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2013, 14:50   #4531
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Maybe they are going back. They have to go through E City to go towards Anekal/Bannerghatta and return home.
It will be shorter if they take NICE corridor no? Ofcourse toll would be very heavy.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 18:09   #4532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It will be shorter if they take NICE corridor no?
For going to Bannerghatta the elephants will have to cross NH-7, I dont think it is a regular elephant corridor. My guess is due to all the media / public gathering they deviated from the route they were taking near to Hoskote.

Talking about NICE road, had read a news where leopard crossing and getting hit by a truck on NICE road. The warning for animal crossing on NICE road is a joke though. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...galore-50.html
Old 24th June 2013, 18:20   #4533
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Humans have irrevocably encroached on the animal habitat and movement corridors. It has been happening with increasing intensity these last ten to twelve years in Bangalore and the surrounding areas.

Of course, official apathy and bad forest management will only compound the issue as will the current unbridled growth and depredations of mankind.

I think it is time we took up the cudgels on behalf of the poor elephants...
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 08:39   #4534
BHPian

There is likely to be a huge jam at Iblur/Agara stretch towards Sarjapur, as there is an accident that happened a few mins back. There was a Baleno a few cars behind me and suddenly I heard a thud and screeching sound and what I saw in the rear view mirror was the Baleno on the right most lane swerving towards the right and climbing the median and hitting a huge boulder (kept on the median). Looks like some vehicle hit the Baleno from the back causing it to go out of control.
Old 25th June 2013, 15:03   #4535
BHPian

Last evening 6pm, Old airport road.
A two-wheeler overtakes my Zen and bangs the front bumper when we were turning left. He starts shouting at us (me and my driver). Our Zen's left indicator was surely on and I was also giving hand signal from the front seat.
Biker - 'Why are you turning left when I am overtaking?
Me - Can you overtake from left?
Biker - Yes, I can and that's what everyone does.
Me - Cant you see the indicator and signal?
Biker - No. I can't see
Me - Then you are not eligible to be riding a bike on road
Biker - Disgusting guys !!
Me - Mind your tongue. I am talking with respect.
Biker - DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? Wait here if you have courage. (starts dialling some numbers)

I smiled, asked my driver to relax and move on. The biker followed our car for 2-3 kms and vanished. I really didnt have the 'courage' to indulge in a street-fight.

No use ranting. Just move on !!
ch.nathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 09:59   #4536
BHPian

Bangalore roads to get wider:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...?homepage=true

It is delightful to see that they have at least acknowledged the bottle necks. But what makes me wonder is their plan!
Road from Silk Board junction till 29th Main of BTM layout to be widened, What about the constraint and bottle neck it will create on the stretch from 29th main till Udupi junction and till Jayadeva flyovver.

This plan shall work only if they install lanes with barricades, so that the traffic wanting to join Bannerghatta Road from 29th Main stays in the left lane and also people don't barge into each other at 29th Main!
MotoNanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 11:10   #4537
BHPian

Slow moving traffic at DoddaNekkundi junction on Marathalli ORR.
Old 26th June 2013, 18:13   #4538
Senior - BHPian

BETL flyover jam-packed from Kudlu Gate(towards Silk Board).
Old 26th June 2013, 20:42   #4539
BHPian

Left from Kundalahalli at 5pm reached Basavangudi at 7:45pm. Huge jams all throughout the Old Airport road after a heavy shower.

Rant:

Add to it, before Shantinagar Bus Stop, Swift guy cuts right into my lane (I am on the left and have to go straight when most people turn right) and blocks half of it. I signal to him - how in the hell will he go ahead?- both of us stuck at ridiculous angles. The moment the vehicle ahead moves, I tell him to go ahead, he cant and asks me to go - I go towards my left and then this guy suddenly accelerates and scrapes my right fender and bumper and disappears in the maddening traffic.

I stop my car at the next signal and see the damage - Bumper broken (minor - but cannot be fixed) and fender has scratches and minor dents. It is that sinking feeling again! Will take it to the Ford guys tomorrow - Next 3 days I am back on my Bullet. Should set my back by a cool 3-4k after claiming insurance. .
Wife says - Don't worry move on.These things keep happening
Old 26th June 2013, 22:08   #4540
BHPian

Really starting to feel terrible for everyone stuck on Hosur Road due to the jams caused by my college every morning. The situation is really deplorable. Even someone like me who uses the Volvo cringes when we hit Dairy Circle. :/
Old 27th June 2013, 14:49   #4541
Senior - BHPian

I was driving from Graphite India signal towards Vydehi hospital yesterday at about 5.30 PM. Due to rains, the left lane was filled with water. I was following an Indicab. I have never seen a worse person in my life. This cab guy would swerve to the left lane every time he'd spot pedestrians, and splash loads of water on them. Immediately, he'd change back to right lane. Since there were no bikers (due to rains), he had a gala time moving to the left lane and back. And he was driving quite fast, so all I could do was honk at him.
Old 27th June 2013, 14:54   #4542
BHPian

Yesterday night at around 10 30, the traffic was chaotic at the Koramangala water tank junction. All the 4 signal were toggling between Green, Amber and Red. There were BMTC buses, private travel buses, dumper trucks, cars and bikes clashing at the junction. I was coming from the Aiyappa Swamy temple side towards the water tank and it was a pathetic scene. Bikers were stuck in every gap they found between cars.
And then we hear an ambulance screaming for clear path and no body could move, even if they wanted to as buses were stuck at the junction. It was realy a sorry state of affairs!
Old 27th June 2013, 17:34   #4543
BHPian

Dont take the NGV Koramangala route. Broken down BWSSB truck near Infant Jesus church signal has created a choke point.
Old 28th June 2013, 10:24   #4544
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
There is likely to be a huge jam at Iblur/Agara stretch towards Sarjapur, as there is an accident that happened a few mins back. There was a Baleno a few cars behind me and suddenly I heard a thud and screeching sound and what I saw in the rear view mirror was the Baleno on the right most lane swerving towards the right and climbing the median and hitting a huge boulder (kept on the median). Looks like some vehicle hit the Baleno from the back causing it to go out of control.
I don't think anyone hit him. I was just a 100 metres behind that guy when this happened. I saw the Baleno spiralling out of control and suddenly smashing into the boulders opposite the army camp gate. Maybe it was a brake failure or a tyre burst, I'm not sure, but it happened abruptly at roughly 30-40 kmph. The front was completely wrecked for what was relatively a low-speed crash. Maybe the boulders were too sharp or something. Fortunately, the army folks and jawans near the entrance rushed immediately and started deviating traffic into adjacent lanes, so a jam was prevented.

On a different note, that whole stretch is getting jammed everyday for other reasons - these huge company buses and BTMC buses enter the service lane near the flyover and try to rejoin ORR near the Enfield showroom at ORR - Sarjapur road fork. This is causing major traffic snarls during rush hour, sometimes stretching upto Agara lake, HSR layout!! I wish someone could post on the BTP page about adding a height barrier there before the service road starts (I don't have a FB account anymore or else I would have done it myself)

Last edited by KarthikK : 28th June 2013 at 10:27.
Old 28th June 2013, 11:42   #4545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I wish someone could post on the BTP page about adding a height barrier there before the service road starts

Well we need two things here, a height barrier and also a taller divider because these guys will otherwise cross the height barrier on the main road and then jump the divider onto the service lane
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed