Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2013, 20:36   #4876
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Returned via the Whitefield diversion through Kadugodi. Few KMs before I reached Sai Baba ashram, I was in for a nasty surprise! I have never seen such big & bad potholes in any Bangalore road. Even the BMTC bus was groaning while crossing this stretch. This road has a divider, so there is no way you can escape the potholes by going to the other side. Is any any T-BHPian who has to travel through that road regularly? Its not an enviable task :( I used this road a couple of times in 2010 to go to BIA. It used to be completely traffic free, covered in greens and in a much better shape earlier.
I have been using this road occasionally since 2010 and this year has seen the complete breakdown of the road. Prior to this it had been an OK road. Traffic has increased exponentially and the potholes and speed breakers compete with each other as to who breaks your vehicle first. Then there are the yellow plates.....who are always in a mad rush to go somewhere.
Old 11th September 2013, 21:59   #4877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Speaking of potholes, I went on a drive to Kolar via Old MAdreas Road on Sunday. Returned via the Whitefield diversion through Kadugodi. Few KMs before I reached Sai Baba ashram, I was in for a nasty surprise! I have never seen such big & bad potholes in any Bangalore road. Even the BMTC bus was groaning while crossing this stretch. This road has a divider, so there is no way you can escape the potholes by going to the other side. Is any any T-BHPian who has to travel through that road regularly? Its not an enviable task :( I used this road a couple of times in 2010 to go to BIA. It used to be completely traffic free, covered in greens and in a much better shape earlier.
I stay exactly 100 m ahead of this place and do not need to cross this portion. Now I drive a Rapid and if this road continues to deteriorate like this then I can convince my folks and gift myself a Thar

3 Years back it was a dream road and a very peaceful place, that's the sole reason we decided to buy a property there.

Last edited by sam_boy : 11th September 2013 at 22:02.
Old 12th September 2013, 09:51   #4878
Senior - BHPian

There is traffic pile up from ITPL till Paramount Hotel in the evenings these days due to huge craters in front of Paramount Hotel. This problem is compounded by trucks and BMTC buses parked on the road.
Old 12th September 2013, 11:10   #4879
BHPian

A story in Bangalore Mirror today of a neighborhood in Cottonpet which has been blocked from all 4 sides by Ganesha Pandals.

They have no way in or out. No vehicles can ply. Only ganesha can help if there is a medical emergency.

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../22492546.cms?
Old 12th September 2013, 13:12   #4880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
A story in Bangalore Mirror today of a neighborhood in Cottonpet which has been blocked from all 4 sides by Ganesha Pandals.

They have no way in or out. No vehicles can ply. Only ganesha can help if there is a medical emergency.

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../22492546.cms?
I'm wondering how can even Ganesha help here! There is no way out.

It is stupid and utter carelessness on the part of organizers. Pandals should not be allowed on public roads at all. All 4 should have been asked to move out to some open area. If there is no open area nearby then there should be no Pandals. Period. Religion cannot be an excuse for this level of inconvenience to the people of that area. Its appalling how people put up with all this.
Old 12th September 2013, 14:11   #4881
BHPian

Going from Indiranagar to Frazer town has become a royal pain in the foot! Yesterday I thought of going via Byapannahalli cemetery road, but was stuck there in a jam for about 50 minutes before taking a u turn and then taking another 50 minutes to reach home. Heard Trinity junction gets equally clogged too. Is there any way out? Can't even take the bike as the met Dept has forecasted heavy 10-day rain!
Old 12th September 2013, 14:33   #4882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Going from Indiranagar to Frazer town has become a royal pain in the foot! Yesterday I thought of going via Byapannahalli cemetery road, but was stuck there in a jam for about 50 minutes before taking a u turn and then taking another 50 minutes to reach home. Heard Trinity junction gets equally clogged too. Is there any way out? Can't even take the bike as the met Dept has forecasted heavy 10-day rain!

Byapanahalli route will be clogged everytime the gate closes for a train to pass for which the duration is high in the evenings. Since the road narrows down and is divided nearing the railway gate, coming from Old Madras Road, the free left towards Kalpalli cemetry will be blocked.

If you route is Indiranagar-Frazer town, you can use Old Madras road passing by BDA Complex, right at the next signal towards Ulsoor Lake and around the lake passing MEG Center and Assayee road.
Even if there is traffic on this road, it will be slow moving traffic unlike jam on Byapanahalli road.

Regards

Regards
Old 12th September 2013, 17:53   #4883
BHPian

Read this by the Bangalore Traffic Police on their FB page.

Poor guys seems to have run out of wits .

Bangalore Traffic Police

Hennur cross , Muttu Mariyamma temple , Bennigana halli , NGEF , Sarjapura rd , Silk board and BTM 29 th main these are all places slow moving traffic reported due to pot holes . Kindly use alternate roads

They are being pasted in their own page by people. Though its not BTPs job to repair roads, one wonders what next !!!

Question is which are the alternate roads
Old 12th September 2013, 18:45   #4884
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
I stay exactly 100 m ahead of this place and do not need to cross this portion. Now I drive a Rapid and if this road continues to deteriorate like this then I can convince my folks and gift myself a Thar

3 Years back it was a dream road and a very peaceful place, that's the sole reason we decided to buy a property there.
Exactly the same reason I chose to buy my home there as well.

We should meet up. I stay at Golden Blossom, bang opposite the Saibaba Ashram.
Old 12th September 2013, 20:00   #4885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bangalore Traffic Police

Hennur cross , Muttu Mariyamma temple , Bennigana halli , NGEF , Sarjapura rd , Silk board and BTM 29 th main these are all places slow moving traffic reported due to pot holes . Kindly use alternate roads
Epic post by BTP!! Satirical, as if they are also frustrated by the BBMP's inefficiency to fill them up! In my 9 years of living in Bangalore, I have never seen roads so much potholed as is this time around! even some major roads eg: Nrupathunga road (from KR Circle to Hudson circle) which sees one of the highest PCU value in entire Bangalore city is in dire state. Less said about some other roads I usually commute, the better. There are more potholes than roads in Goodshed road and the road in front of city railway station due to which traffic crawls at snails pace throughout the day
Did u see the response to that post? Never seen so many comments, rather rants on any of their traffic updates before! As I type this, 72 comments!
Old 12th September 2013, 21:44   #4886
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Epic post by BTP!! Satirical, as if they are also frustrated by the BBMP's inefficiency to fill them up! In my 9 years of living in Bangalore, I have never seen roads so much potholed as is this time around! even some major roads eg: Nrupathunga road (from KR Circle to Hudson circle) which sees one of the highest PCU value in entire Bangalore city is in dire state. Less said about some other roads I usually commute, the better. There are more potholes than roads in Goodshed road and the road in front of city railway station due to which traffic crawls at snails pace throughout the day
Did u see the response to that post? Never seen so many comments, rather rants on any of their traffic updates before! As I type this, 72 comments!
Forget about the city roads. 70% of my daily commute is on highways which are very well tarred. I haven't come across a single pot hole in last 4-5 years. But since last month, many potholes have appeared on these roads which even lorries try to avoid. These craters just appear out of the blue. The only road which has withheld this year's rain is Hosur road. This was built by L&T if I'm not wrong.
Old 13th September 2013, 09:08   #4887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Read this by the Bangalore Traffic Police on their FB page.

Poor guys seems to have run out of wits .
.....Silk board and BTM 29 th main these are all places slow moving traffic reported due to pot holes . Kindly use alternate roads......
Question is which are the alternate roads
Since BTP is not well updated, let me shed some enlightment here.
The condition of BTM-Silk board stretch was horrible since the last couple of months. But the potholes, errr pond of water have been filled. So now it is free from potholes, but full of bumpy ride with uneven filling of potholes.
The 29th Main stretch is also fixed in the same manner as above.

The uneven filling of potholes is equally dangerous as a pothole. They appear as speed breakers all of a sudden !!
Why cant BBMP fill the potholes and level it alongwith the road ? :-(

The 29th Main is filled with unscientific filling of drainage system. Whenever a house was built, the road was dug up to setup pipes. After that BBMP filled up those without levelling ut with the road. So they appear as bumps all along the road !! Bikers and autos slow down and its quite risky to suddenly slowdown in the middle of a busy road !!

Ohh and yes, BTM-Silk board is always choked due to unplanned and manual signalling system. The days when the signal timer is auto, it keeps on switching at 90 seconds and the jam on all 4 sides are equal and less. But then when BTP overrides them to manual, the timer is set to 300 seconds at times !! This causes ultimate jam on 29th main. It has taken me once, 1hr to clear the AXA Signal from 29th main.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 13th September 2013 at 09:15.
Old 13th September 2013, 09:59   #4888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Forget about the city roads. 70% of my daily commute is on highways which are very well tarred. I haven't come across a single pot hole in last 4-5 years. But since last month, many potholes have appeared on these roads which even lorries try to avoid. These craters just appear out of the blue. The only road which has withheld this year's rain is Hosur road. This was built by L&T if I'm not wrong.
YUp L&T did a good job IMO. That, (I think) is the reason they were not given any more contracts around that area .
Old 13th September 2013, 10:18   #4889
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

The uneven filling of potholes is equally dangerous as a pothole. They appear as speed breakers all of a sudden !!
Why cant BBMP fill the potholes and level it alongwith the road ? :-(
Filling to the level of road means, the repair work done will withstand for a day or two. Filling it above the level means it would withstand for 3-4 days. I think this is the logic they follow.

Opp to Auchan(SPAAR) supermarket on the BG road there was a big pothole last week, these guys filled it to a height so that only buses can go over it. It becomes dangerous when the road is dry because the stones get displaced all over the place to make it very difficult for two-wheelers and 4 wheelers needs to be extra cautious when they are behind the two-wheelers.
Old 13th September 2013, 10:35   #4890
BHPian

There is a huge pothole at the start of the marathalli bridge (over rail line). Please approach it at low speed (most of the day there is no option to go fast ). Its a pretty deep one, please be careful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks