Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2013, 14:25   #5041
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Mysore Road is closed betw Deepanjalinagar and Satellite bus stop because road caved in just before Satellite bus stop. My colleague had a free Bangalore darshan coz her bus was diverted.

Please avoid taking this stretch.

Waseem.
Maybe due to the heavy rains that fell during night. It was absolutely pouring!
Old 16th October 2013, 14:26   #5042
BHPian

Did anyone hear about a Hit and Run at Doddanakkundhi ?, some days back

I heard from one of my friend that a pedestrian jumped in front of a speeding safari from behind the plants planted on the divider.
Old 16th October 2013, 14:33   #5043
BHPian

The traffic signal at Big Bazaar, KR Puram has some issue for last 2 months which causes fights and near misses every morning. The signal allows you to take a U-Turn whereas the opposite lane still signals green with incoming traffic at high speed. Planning to start 15 mins early tomorrow and visit the police station right next to the signal and ask them to fix it.
Old 16th October 2013, 15:01   #5044
BHPian

Few potholes have been fixed in K Narayanapura main road. But a majority of the potholes are untouched. There is such heavy construction going on with apartments like Brigade Altamont coming up, and the road is in such bad shape!

Also there are some giant potholes at the start of the flyover that connects KR Puram to Rammoorthynagar underpass in Outer Ring Road. Wonder when will these get fixed.
Old 16th October 2013, 16:28   #5045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHkrish View Post

I heard from one of my friend that a pedestrian jumped in front of a speeding safari from behind the plants planted on the divider.

i stay very close by and did not hear/see anything like this. Did your friend tell you about the time this hapened?
That signal is a mess during peak hours. The samsung office in the corner, the mall right opposite and EMC near by and the regular traffic on ORRall of them jostle for the little space from the service road to the main road and everyone seems to be in a hurry always
Old 16th October 2013, 17:08   #5046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Inside one of the big companies' campus, I was getting into the parking area, where I have to cross the pedestrian walkway in order to get in. I saw a lady about to cross my path, and I stopped to let her pass. She inches ahead, then stops, as though she was doing something wrong. I waited for a few seconds, then I just moved ahead while she stood there, as I value my time more than her stupidity
I had similar situations many times. Since I never use horns, some pedestrians are completely confused if I stop ahead of the crossing to allow them to pass or to knock them down/honk at them when they do. Then I have to wave/usher them to cross . The problem is they don't know what kind of person you are, so by default you are assumed to be of the latter variety.
vasoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 17:11   #5047
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Planning to start 15 mins early tomorrow and visit the police station right next to the signal and ask them to fix it.
Kudos for taking the effort. Also/ Or else you can put a post of that on BTP FB page. I have seen reply from police mentioning the issue is fixed.
Old 16th October 2013, 18:08   #5048
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The traffic signal at Big Bazaar, KR Puram has some issue for last 2 months which causes fights and near misses every morning. The signal allows you to take a U-Turn whereas the opposite lane still signals green with incoming traffic at high speed. Planning to start 15 mins early tomorrow and visit the police station right next to the signal and ask them to fix it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Kudos for taking the effort. Also/ Or else you can put a post of that on BTP FB page. I have seen reply from police mentioning the issue is fixed.
Try to bring this to notice of BTP (Bangalore Traffic Police) on their Facebook page. They are quite active there, and responses have been good.
Old 16th October 2013, 18:19   #5049

Saw a ghastly accident on Hosur road, just before Attibele on the 14th of October around 8:30 am. 2 guys on a bike were literally torn apart. Flesh and guts of one guy was all over the place and the second guy had both his legs lying a few feet away. Scene was overwhelming to even think straight, forget taking a picture. Surprisingly there is not a word about the accident in any news paper or online. There was no other vehicle around so it looked like a hit and run or likely multiple vehicles had drove on the victims.

Anybody know more about the poor guys
Old 16th October 2013, 18:20   #5050
BHPian

Quote:

No, but today (16-Oct) there was a bad accident on the ORR stretch leading upto Doddanakundi signal. I just caught a glance, and there was a black Ford Figo which was completely overturned, and facing the wrong way. Wondering how this happened...maybe the Figo was speeding at night, on the opposite side of the road, where there is a speed breaker, and the driver didn't notice it until it was too late. Or, he may be just driving on the wrong side for "convenience".

The road sense of Banaglore drivers was on full display around this accident in the morning - one chauffeur driven Audi decided that the traffic pile up due to the accident was too much for him, and just turned his car and started driving the wrong way - in the right lane!
And then, while waiting at the signal, I see a driver in a Tempo traveler driving across the junction with half his torso outside the window, looking at the accident scene to his right, while continuing to drive his car straight! Ah well... what can you say!
Old 16th October 2013, 19:05   #5051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
No, but today (16-Oct) there was a bad accident on the ORR stretch leading upto Doddanakundi signal. Wondering how this happened...
Check post #5037 from rohanjf on the previous page. His colleague seems to have seen what happened.

Last edited by sammyboy : 16th October 2013 at 19:10.
Old 16th October 2013, 20:40   #5052
Senior - BHPian

Hey, look, there is a gap there, lets squeeze in !!
A very common sight in Bangalore.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20130709_093810.jpg

Old 16th October 2013, 21:15   #5053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
i stay very close by and did not hear/see anything like this. Did your friend tell you about the time this hapened?
Dass, I would check with him. I used to stay at alpine Eco. My note was that before the signal the Chaos there were not this much. [Its my personal view]

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
No, but today (16-Oct) there was a bad accident on the ORR stretch leading upto Doddanakundi signal.
Ah well... what can you say!
Tempo Travelers are a royal pain in the A..S, the way they push to make gaps would shame road rollers now a days.
Old 16th October 2013, 21:43   #5054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dass, I would check with him. I used to stay at alpine Eco. My note was that before the signal the Chaos there were not this much. [Its my personal view]
+1 to this and yes the signal has created the Chaos. Infact, I can see the signal from my house and I have seen the situation before and after the signals were put in place.

Apparantly, a underpass/flyover is already sanctioned for this junction, but the local politicos are hindering the work, as it would impact the footfall to the mall where they have a stake.
Old 16th October 2013, 22:03   #5055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
... A very common sight in Bangalore....
Is that a Beat in which you took the photo from? And is that a speaker on the front dashboard edge? Never seen that setup before. Or was yours the only car turned the other way round and that is a speaker at the rear?

Quote:
The traffic signal at Big Bazaar, KR Puram .. .
Which signal is this? The one just before Gopalan mall when you come from KR Puram side - with Big Bazaar in the side lane? Isnt that a manual signal there manned by a cop everytime?

Last edited by vroom666 : 16th October 2013 at 22:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks