Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2013, 22:17   #5056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom666 View Post

Which signal is this? The one just before Gopalan mall when you come from KR Puram side - with Big Bazaar in the side lane? Isnt that a manual signal there manned by a cop everytime?
This is the one right after big bazaar where you take a U-turn to come to RMZ Infinity. If its a manned signal, the cop needs some basic training. U-turn and green from the other side are always on at the same time leading to some pleasantries being exchanged by commuters from each side.
Old 16th October 2013, 22:28   #5057
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
... This is the one right after big bazaar where you take a U-turn to come to RMZ Infinity...
Gotcha! I mistook it for the earlier manual signal. This is the normal signal with lights. And Yeah I agree. This is an everyday problem with the vehicles coming in from the other side and green for U turn at the same time.
Old 16th October 2013, 22:41   #5058
Team-BHP Support

Took the Outer Ring Road from Sarjapur to the airport. Pathetic state of road until Banswadi. Till I reached Bellary Road, the standard of driving was terrible.

On a lighter note, it took me 37 minutes to drive from airport to the city centre this evening
Old 16th October 2013, 23:04   #5059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Took the Outer Ring Road from Sarjapur to the airport. Pathetic state of road until Banswadi. Till I reached Bellary Road, the standard of driving was terrible. On a lighter note, it took me 37 minutes to drive from airport to the city centre this evening
did you take the KR Puram route? if yes, don't. there is a single lane route that goes from Sarjpur road to Hoskote and then once you cross the main road, goes all the way till BIA road. the road is good (although narrow in some places) and takes a lot lesser time owing to lesser traffic.

don't know the exact start point, just used it once last year.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 16th October 2013 at 23:18.
Old 16th October 2013, 23:32   #5060
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
did you take the KR Puram route? if yes, don't. there is a single lane route that goes from Sarjpur road to Hoskote and then once you cross the main road, goes all the way till BIA road. the road is good (although narrow in some places) and takes a lot lesser time owing to lesser traffic.

Last time I used it, it had speed breakers that could trouble an Innova.
Old 16th October 2013, 23:58   #5061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Whoa! Didn't encounter them back then. Maybe due to many people taking this route, the villagers set it up.

Or maybe we're not talking about the same route
Old 17th October 2013, 00:25   #5062
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Huge jam both ways and onlookers with damn smartphone cameras clicking.
BTP needs to take a public awareness campaign about curious onlookers and curiosity journalism. I even posted on t-bhp to discourage posting pics of accidents. There needs to be awareness about rules, not awareness about what a crashed car looks like. While driving on Mysore road, on several occasions, I see cars and bikes parked on the other side of the road - with people jumping over the divider to take pics of the accident. Hundreds just stand there looking at the accident victims make phone calls, wait for tow truck etc. They even make it impossible for the ambulance to approach the accident site. They can end up costing lives. The first few minutes after an accident are super critical. There are too many people on our highways with no better work or no where to go. This is the reason Indian standard time is +/- 8 hours. If a service rep says he will visit us at 9am sharp - he means he will go around the city taking pics and showup within the next day.

Last edited by prasadee : 17th October 2013 at 00:26.
prasadee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 01:59   #5063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
A colleague of mine said he witnessed the accident. ...... (with all the VW horn issue and all), I am really scared.
Hey, could you elaborate on the vw horn issue, I checked the previous page but couldn't find anything 😛
Old 17th October 2013, 06:53   #5064
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

Quote:
Thats not the BIAL road. Thats the NH207. Sarjapur-Hoskote-Devanahall and driving back via NH7 to BIA.

If you are going via Hoskote town, thats the NH207. Its the BIAL road which has speed breakers. 207 has none. And the road is fantastic.
Old 17th October 2013, 09:19   #5065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Put a piece of paper and tape it on for the mean time. Best option till you get a new plate.
Thanks a lot! I did it. Fortunately, I didn't have to wait too long to get a new number plate. Since all the number plate making shops in Varthur were closed yesterday, I went to Sarjapur town and found one guy who did the work for 250 Rs (seems a little too high, but I didn't want to drive into the city the next day - today - with a paper number plate).
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Keep the broken number plate with you. You can stick a paper for the time being as well...
That was the problem. Number plate pieces are scattered all along Panattur road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiddVish View Post
Hey, could you elaborate on the vw horn issue, I checked the previous page but couldn't find anything
Oops. That is mentioned in the thread about BTP. Here is the link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3265595

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thats not the BIAL road. Thats the NH207. Sarjapur-Hoskote-Devanahall and driving back via NH7 to BIA.

If you are going via Hoskote town, thats the NH207. Its the BIAL road which has speed breakers. 207 has none. And the road is fantastic.
Would it be possible for you to map this on Google Maps and post the link here ? When I have to take cab from airport to home, the route mentioned by Vidyut (with all the huge speed/suspension/underbody breakers) is the shortest route for me, and so is the cheapest. And I need to take a cab from airport to home in November.
Old 17th October 2013, 09:25   #5066
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Would it be possible for you to map this on Google Maps and post the link here ? When I have to take cab from airport to home, the route mentioned by Vidyut (with all the huge speed/suspension/underbody breakers) is the shortest route for me, and so is the cheapest. And I need to take a cab from airport to home in November.
Here is the route link.

Route Link

The route is by no means shorter (and hence my no means cheaper) as you go by Hoskote. Compared to BIAL its at least 15 km more. Apart from crossing Hoskote its an easy and a delightful road all the way till Sarjapur.

Last edited by ampere : 17th October 2013 at 09:32.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 12:06   #5067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom666 View Post
Is that a Beat in which you took the photo from? And is that a speaker on the front dashboard edge? Never seen that setup before. Or was yours the only car turned the other way round and that is a speaker at the rear?
Yes, that's a Beat - LT Variant. This has dashboard and rear speakers as standard. Nothing unusual.
Not sure if LS and PS have this or not.
Old 17th October 2013, 12:25   #5068
Team-BHP Support

Some of the potholes along Carmelaram - Gunjur - Varthur have widened after this past week's overnight rains, and the stretch is really terrible to use right now. Vehicles coming for the first time might bend an alloy or two if they don't stick to the 'racing line' to avoid the massive craters.

Makes me wonder really, why do the authorities have to wait for the condition to go to this extent every time?? Is there some place we can put forward / fasttrack complaints to get someone to at least take notice?? Or maybe a front page article in Bangalore Mirror about the local corporator's apathy (with pics of potholed roads) will fix things.
Old 17th October 2013, 17:46   #5069
BHPian

Don't know how many of you guys face this issue. I stay on the Whitefield-Hoskote Road. My office is in the EPIP area. In-order to avoid the horrendous traffic jam at the Hope Farm intersection, many vehicles(including myself) make use of the narrow but good Dinnur main road after Kadugodi till the ITPL Main Road. About a week back, the local people constructed 2 humongous speed breakers on this road. They are so big that even the cars with the highest ground clearance would scrape. From what I heard, these breakers are illegal. They do not have the clearance from the local police.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-kadugodi.jpg
(Source: Google Maps)

These days, I rather wait at the hope farm junction than take this short-cut. Any BHPian nearby and faces the same?
Old 17th October 2013, 18:06   #5070
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
These days, I rather wait at the hope farm junction than take this short-cut. Any BHPian nearby and faces the same?
The Hope Farm to OMR stretch of Varthur Road / SH35 is quite pathetic. I once thought I would use it to bypass city traffic to reach BIAL. The pathetic road condition of Old Airport Road from Marathahalli to Varthur and from Hope Farm to OMR, negated all the advantage.

Most Viewed