Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2014, 23:03   #5386
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Thanks for your reply!

I heard that the expressway was open on a trial basis so asked.
I know the road is not so smooth till Yelahanka junction atleast. But beyond that its bearable.
Old 4th January 2014, 23:06   #5387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
Wanted to know if the expressway to BIAL is open? If so, how much is the toll?
A section of flyover is open as per yesterday's news.
Though I have not seen any interceptors during night, the road is in bad condition with half witted sleepy cab drivers zoomiby around. Be extra careful.
Old 5th January 2014, 00:21   #5388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
Going to the airport to drop a friend in a few hours. Wanted to know if the expressway to BIAL is open? If so, how much is the toll? Will be returning alone. Just me, my car and some music Looking forward to a relaxed drive. Also, will there be any interceptors at around 2-2 30 am? I've heard they tend to catch solo drivers even when they're well within their speed limit and try to extract money.
Expressway is open as on 1st January. I took a short drive on 1st day. It's pretty good. It completed only till Yelahanka Railway bridge. Post that work is still going on.

As of now I did not see Toll being collected. Neither did I see any interceptors.

Be extra careful. Since it is new, wide (as per Bangalore standards) and almost straight road, people drive pathetically!

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 5th January 2014 at 00:22.
Old 6th January 2014, 09:43   #5389
Senior - BHPian

The Auto Strike in Bangalore has created a chaos on streets.

Learner Drivers, Cabbies, Office cabs are all on the streets today, causing mayhem.

My wife called up a Taxi Service to book a cab to office. She was asked for Rs.900 for a 9km ride !! Imagine !!

I started from BTM at 7:40 AM, and met two horrendous drivers on the way to office. And let me tell you, these are from well to do families.

1. KA 03 MG 8305 (hope I got the last 4 numbers correct) registered Silver Mer C220 CDI. Driven by a suited booted and shades sporting guy. May be in his early 40's. This guy was coming down the Intel flyover, towards Marathahalli. Driving in the right lane at around 40kmph. Suddenly decides to switch to middle lane. He came dangerously close to my car (I was driving in middle lane). There were no vehicles ahead of him, yet he wanted to switch to middle lane. I said OK, slowed down and let him come. Then I switch to right lane (which was empty), so that I can overtake him. But no, he decides to block me !! He again swevres to the right lane ! All these circus acts, without any indicators or looking in the ORVM. I slow down and let him come to the right lane. Now he decides to revv his engine. He lets a black smoke and speeds away. Still OK. All this happened within 10 seconds or so. Then he finds that the right lane is blocked with vehicles lined up to take U-Turn, after the Intel flyover. He again swerves to the left lane, nearly missing a silver Swift. I follow him for sometime. And yes, I keep on honking when I am near him. He keeps on doing this left lane-right lane circus all the way, missing multiple vehicles by inches. At the Marathalli underpass, he slows down ahead of me, adjusts his IRVM and shows the middle finger to me !! Without even thinking for a second I paid him back with the same gesture. He again revs his engine, emitting thick black smoke and speeds away towards ISRO junction and further. I wonder what was on his mind all the way.

2. KA 53 MA (forgot the last 4 digits) registered white Civic with private number plate. Chauffer driven, lady passenger. Pulls up dangerously and diagonally behind me, blocking 2 lanes behind me, at Kundanahalli signal. Signal turns green and he dangerously tries to squeeze between me and the vehicle to my left. I keep my hands pressed on the horn and brake. He speeds away ahead of me, while loooking at his RHS ORVM. He bullies other vehicles by cutting lanes between left and right. Nearly missed an Old Gen Honda City coming out from a bylane on the left. Since there was lot of traffic he eventually got stuck in the left lane. I overtook him from the right and came to the center lane, blocking him. I was furious and without giving him a mouthful didn't want to move. I slowed down and he tries to cut to my right. So I cut to right. In the meantime, a TT behind me overtook me from the left. So this Civic guy again tries to cut to the left lane, but I again cut and block him. He revs his engine and comes 1 cm close to me and brakes hard. I slow down, roll down my window and wave my hand gesturing him to come ahead and speak to me. He pulls up beside me and I give him a mouthful. The lade sitting in the back seat looks at me. I said her "Maam, one day he wll ram you car and you would die, and he won't even come to piss on your grave". I was that furious. I know that it is not the right way to speak to a lady. My apologies to everyone here on the forum. But she has to learn, that the way her driver was driving could be fatal for other road users and most importantly herself too.
I wouldn't blame the driver as much as the lady.
My parents have a driver at home, who drives our humble Wagon R. My dad always blasts the driver if he drives beyond 50/60kmph, or tries to be a little fast or tries to cut across lanes. Probably because we are from a middle class family, for whom a car is an asset for a lifetime.
But for richer people, a car is a luxury item and can be replaced any day. The Civic is a 15+lakh car and even if it were to be totalled, I guess that lady had enough money to buy another one. This is what the current mentality of people owning these luxury cars.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 14:25   #5390
BANNED

Got rear ended 3 times in last one week .

1 -> 28th december, I was returning home after car service. Place Kanakpura road outer ring road junction signal. I was waiting at the signal to turn green. A biker decided to go through all the waiting vehicles zigzagging his way and eventually bang my car from behind. Before I react, he jumped the divider to other side and escaped through some by lane. A nice scratch on shinning bumper just after servicing.

2 -> 2nd January, Bannerghatta road near Jayadeva underpass. While going to office, a cyclist could not break in time and bang from behind. I didn't stop or react as I know damaged would be too minor.

3 -> 5th January, I was on bannerghatta road coming from diary board towards Jayadeva. Traffic was moving too slowly near Sagar apollo hospital. I slowed almost to a stand still behind few bikes and other cars. Suddenly a huge bang and jerk. If my foot was not on the break, I was definitely going to hit few bikes in front of me. A white punto with a couple inside banged me from behind.
Moved to left side to see the damage (didn't indicate anything to the white punto, I was so shocked to forget that I should asked him to move also). The Punto also moved to left and parked just in front of me. The guy came to me and say sorry. There were quiet a few scratches, but all are like the size of a pencil tip and there were no dent or cut on bumper. So, let it go.

I drive a micra which is famous for not having a good break ruling out my breaking would have been too hard and all of the 3 instances happened when I was not moving, but in fact waiting at signals.

Now I think I may need to put a bull bar behind my micra . Any t-bhp sticker saying stay away from my back ????
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 21:22   #5391
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

KA 53 B 0044 Silver Innova cab deputed to Cisco. Sporting a big sticker saying 'In case of rash driving....'
0830 am upto 0845am.From HSR Layout 27th Main Road, Hanuman Temple Flyover Junction this morning right up to the Koramangala 1st Block 'Aishwarya Supermarket' junction, this guy was on his mobile phone and was weaving in and out of traffic. Nearly side swiped me three times and was completely oblivious to it.
I could not photograph him as it would have been too dangerous despite my phone mount.
If there is anyone here from Cisco, please report this guy. He should be sacked summarily from your travel agency/ service provider.

Then there are a couple of oddball cars i saw, who have completely blocked off the visibility from their rear windows with these interesting cute dolls...

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-image1660019746.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-image2881732930.jpg
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 08:55   #5392
Senior - BHPian

One of my neighbours told me that the flyover the railway line in front of Decathlon on Sarjapur road will be opened on January 31st. He said he has seen a board there.

But then, there are many unfinished works. The soil layer on the ascending parts of the flyover on both sides is still not closed. Stormwater drains are far from complete.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 19:22   #5393
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
One of my neighbours told me that the flyover the railway line in front of Decathlon on Sarjapur road will be opened on January 31st. He said he has seen a board there.

But then, there are many unfinished works. The soil layer on the ascending parts of the flyover on both sides is still not closed. Stormwater drains are far from complete.
Now that's what is called a long term maintenance and support plan. Leave works incomplete prior to opening the flyover, and then continue to make money repairing stuff which should have been right from day one to start with! Leads to more employment for the workers, more money for the contractors, and for the BBMP / authorities, its another reason for them to demand more taxes saying their coffers are empty.
benbsb29 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 20:05   #5394
BHPian

Looks like one of the ramps at Nagavara junction will be open to the public soon. I saw them tarring the ramp that goes towards KR Puram. Having used this stretch of road for the past 2 years, I felt the construction of this flyover was relatively quicker than the other ones. However, all the time saved at this junction will be lost at Tin factory if nothing is done there.
rohittunga is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 21:47   #5395
Distinguished - BHPian

Note to members who still sport sunfilms - Guess there is a BTP drive against sunfilm, there was a post on their FB page with pics of police stopping vehicles with tints.
mpksuhas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 22:58   #5396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
Looks like one of the ramps at Nagavara junction will be open to the public soon. I saw them tarring the ramp that goes towards KR Puram. Having used this stretch of road for the past 2 years, I felt the construction of this flyover was relatively quicker than the other ones. However, all the time saved at this junction will be lost at Tin factory if nothing is done there.
Yes this was competed relatively quicker. I also felt the traffic personal deployed at this junction have so far done a very good job in facilitating the work.
Hebbal is now turning out to be the new bottleneck between bel circle and kr puram
Old 8th January 2014, 15:22   #5397
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Note to members who still sport sunfilms - Guess there is a BTP drive against sunfilm, there was a post on their FB page with pics of police stopping vehicles with tints.
Saw this in action yesterday evening on 80 feet Road near the Swami Vivekananda Metro station traffic signal.
Cops spotted a car with sun film, stopped and fined the driver and also tore out the film - they caused traffic to come to a halt angering many vehicles who were behind that car

Bangalore Traffic Police have also launched a drive against shrill, multi-tone horns, read about this in today's newspaper. Apart from imposing fines on errant vehicle owners, this being a larger social issue since these horns can be dangerous to our health - why not ban the manufacturers from making such horns and why not just ban retailers from selling them ?
Old 8th January 2014, 16:46   #5398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Bangalore Traffic Police have also launched a drive against shrill, multi-tone horns, read about this in today's newspaper. Apart from imposing fines on errant vehicle owners, this being a larger social issue since these horns can be dangerous to our health - why not ban the manufacturers from making such horns and why not just ban retailers from selling them ?
Forget horns. The idiots at BTP first need to crack down on the Autos who have their silencers chopped off for sheer speed and free flow exhaust. Its a disaster when an auto enters a residential area. The whole area shivers with the shrill noise of the auto echoing around.
Note: This is only an issue with 2 stroke autos and not the latest 4 stroke autos.
Old 8th January 2014, 16:51   #5399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Forget horns. The idiots at BTP first need to crack down on the Autos who have their silencers chopped off for sheer speed and free flow exhaust. Its a disaster when an auto enters a residential area. The whole area shivers with the shrill noise of the auto echoing around.
Note: This is only an issue with 2 stroke autos and not the latest 4 stroke autos.
No one in BTP will do it, since they don't have any idiots . BTW taking 2 stroke autos off road is the job of RTO. It doesn't come under BTP.
msdivy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 17:13   #5400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
No one in BTP will do it, since they don't have any idiots . BTW taking 2 stroke autos off road is the job of RTO. It doesn't come under BTP.
Ok, I take back that idiot word. Apologies. I was in a wrong state of mind.
But then what is BTP's role to catch motorists with shrill horns then ? That too is the job of RTO ? Isn't it ?
And yes, I am not against with 2 Stroke autos. All I ask for is a decently maintained exhaust system. Nobody likes them emitting white smoke and shrill noise. I don't think they were like that when purchased.

Sun Films removal are the job of Traffic Police. Agreed with Supreme Court order.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 8th January 2014 at 17:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks