Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2014, 15:01   #5626
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
How do you find out the contact details of someone if you have their Vehicle details? A friend of mine was manhandled @ Kundanahalli signal on Wednesday when a 2 wheeler crashed into her car. The rider got down, listened to her, accepted to pay for damages,slapped her and then drove away while people were just looking on
Wonder where Bangalore is headed!!!
RTO will have the details but am not sure if they will reveal the address details. May be your friend should approach the RTO through a FIR (i guess)
Old 28th February 2014, 15:08   #5627
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How do you find out the contact details of someone if you have their Vehicle details? A friend of mine was manhandled @ Kundanahalli signal on Wednesday when a 2 wheeler crashed into her car. The rider got down, listened to her, accepted to pay for damages,slapped her and then drove away while people were just looking on
She should have registered an assault case. Especially when one has witnesses
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 15:19   #5628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Par for the course for Bangalore of today.

If the lady in question is up to it, she should register a complaint under the new section 354(B) of IPC. It is non-bailable. If the cops refuse to register a complaint threaten to escalate within and outside of the police department.
binand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 16:51   #5629
BHPian

Quote:
Just can't believe the mentality of the people on the road now. It's absolutely disgusting to man handle someone, leave alone a lone lady driver.

There is always a couple of traffic cops in signal, wonder what they were doing during all this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Par for the course for Bangalore of today.

If the lady in question is up to it, she should register a complaint under the new section 354(B) of IPC. It is non-bailable. If the cops refuse to register a complaint threaten to escalate within and outside of the police department.
Completely Agree with binand, FIR must be filed so the that accused doesn't go free handed from this. Police now a days take any such complaints seriously especially if its from a Woman.

Regards
Old 28th February 2014, 19:52   #5630
BHPian

Stuck near Malleshwaram circle from 6 to 6.30pm, in 1/2 hour just moved less than 2 kms. I guess it has something to do with the Metro inauguration.
Old 28th February 2014, 21:43   #5631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Stuck near Malleshwaram circle from 6 to 6.30pm, in 1/2 hour just moved less than 2 kms. I guess it has something to do with the Metro inauguration.
See my post earlier today- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3380266

its due to Kadumalleswara Temple festival procession.
Old 1st March 2014, 09:29   #5632
BHPian

Quote:
This is shameful. I wonder what's happening in this place? How can the 'so-called' men around her let it go? I am ashamed even after reading this.

There is absolutely nothing more important than a lady's modesty and no matter how late I may be for some place, I would wait to see if any lady is involved in any argument/altercation, if yes, I will stop, no matter what. I have had instances when I came very close to a fight with Autowallas, cabbies, son of the soil types but not for a minute I had any doubts on what I was doing. Maybe it was the lady's fault - but no one has the (fill the blank) right so as to touch her.
I expect the same from the members of this community and any decent man. Most bad things happen because the good people don't oppose it.
pratyush6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 11:14   #5633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Bangaloreans!!! I am driving to Palakkad from Hyderabad and have planned for a stop over at Bangalore for the night. I will be starting at around 3pm today and plan to reach my destination at around 11pm. I am staying at a relatives place at Hosur road (somehwere after BETL toll gate) for the night. Since I will be entering Bangalore from Devanahalli side. I need some inputs.

-------------------------------------------
Thanks in advance.
Guys. Thanks a lot for all your advise on the route. I chose to take the ORR for both the onward and return journey and the roads all through were quite good. I also encountered some speed breakers on the ORR but they are easy to spot and surprisingly my car scraped none

I also had a chance to take the newly laid airport flyover. It is a bliss to drive on and really saves lot of time between Devenahalli and Hebbal. It took me just 2 hours all the way from Devanahalli till the BETL toll gate which I think is quite decent. The only grouse is that the direction markings on the ORR and the entry to the airport newly laid flyover could have been better. If not for google maps, I would have definitely missed some flyover or some underpass. Even with help of google maps, I missed the turn to Hebbal on the way back and ended up on the Tumkur road side.

Last edited by racer_ash : 3rd March 2014 at 11:16.
Old 4th March 2014, 11:30   #5634
BHPian

Quote:

Hi, Did your friend try contacting the traffic police station? Or you can try at the RTO office located nearer to your friends house. I doubt if they will give the details as it is not given to the public but you can give it a try.
Old 4th March 2014, 11:51   #5635
BHPian

Does anyone have some information about what was happening on the service road of the ORR right after you turn left at the Sarjapur road-ORR junction to go towards Marathahalli.
Looked like some building was being brought down with the help of a bulldozer, but there were way too many police looking on. Atleast 40-50 cops, including lady police where present.
Old 4th March 2014, 12:02   #5636
BHPian

Quote:
I feel sad about this . I am not sure if the RTO can reveal details directly , you will have to file a police complaint and only they can have access to it (I guess) or else try with a private detective who can work for a fee.
Old 4th March 2014, 12:35   #5637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Does anyone have some information about what was happening on the service road of the ORR right after you turn left at the Sarjapur road-ORR junction to go towards Marathahalli.
Looked like some building was being brought down with the help of a bulldozer, but there were way too many police looking on. Atleast 40-50 cops, including lady police where present.
I also saw some TV News crew taking footage inside an Omni parked there. Wonder what might be the reason. Needless to say everyone wanted to stop and have a look creating a bottleneck.
Old 4th March 2014, 12:48   #5638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I saw TV9 crew outside. Not sure if some illegal building was brought down
Old 4th March 2014, 12:51   #5639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BDA was recovering encroachment land at Iblur lake. It was encroached by Shobha & Sun city developers.
Old 4th March 2014, 16:54   #5640
BHPian

Today I learned that they have blocked the exit towards Manyata/Nagavara on top of Hebbal flyover while coming from Mekhri circle side. You need to take the extreme left lane at the beginning of the flyover itself. Not sure since when this arrangement is in place, since I don't go on that route often.

Most Viewed