Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2014, 20:00   #5716
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Last year or so, i saw soil test being carried out near Hoody.
I guess the soil test was done for metro feasibility study. Saying about metro, they should have planned metro till ITPL initially itself rather than stopping it at Bypanahalli.
Old 18th March 2014, 08:22   #5717
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

When you drive on outer ring road from Bellandur towards Marathahalli, is the exit at Kadubeesanahalli underpass, to go to Panattur, closed?

Today I saw a bunch of biggest idiots I have ever seen.
A Force Traveller belonging to Greenwood High school (fortunately, not carrying children), came on outer ring road, went on the underpass and reached the signal just after the underpass. Then the driver took and right U-turn, into the solitary lane that leads Panattur traffic to outer ring road.

I was following a tractor, going from Panattur to join ORR to go towards Marathahalli. When we saw the Greenwood High school van with its high beam on, followed by 3 Tata Indica cabs, we had no choice but to back up all the way till the junction, wait for these idiots to go, and then proceed.

Unfortunately, the road leading from the junction to the Outer ring road from its left side, is closed, as some work is going on.

Here is a pictorial depiction of what happened:
(green is my path, red is the path taken by the idiots, led by Greenwood High school van)
Attached Images

Old 18th March 2014, 08:52   #5718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
When you drive on outer ring road from Bellandur towards Marathahalli, is the exit at Kadubeesanahalli underpass, to go to Panattur, closed?
Yes, its closed since yesterday.

Yesterday, I had a close shave with a Tata Winger which came out of JP Morgan and took the red route that you have shown. It was almost a head on. It was around 6:15 AM, and I was at a good speed.

Today, as I came out of the underpass, I slowed down and saw that the left lane is closed (seemed to be dug up). I saw a few vehicles taking that red route.

I have no idea what happens during the peak hours. Its damn risky as vehicles coming out of the underpass approach this place with good speed. High chances of Head-Ons or T-Boning is looming large at this place.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 10:02   #5719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Any idea why?
I just want to make a wild guess on by when this exit will be reopened.

It is downright ridiculous of authorities to close an exit without providing an alternate solution. The least they could do is to put a board saying, go all the way to Marathahalli to take U turn to go to Panattur side (that adds what? 3 KMs in total?).

I don't think anyone will have the guts to do such stunts of taking sharp right U turn during peak hours though. If someone does, I am sure the taxi drivers who are in the right direction will beat up the erring driver.
Old 18th March 2014, 10:58   #5720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I guess the soil test was done for metro feasibility study. Saying about metro, they should have planned metro till ITPL initially itself rather than stopping it at Bypanahalli.
Agree with you. I actually know a lot of people who use trains going to Tirupati/Chennai to get from Bayyapanahalli to ITPL.
Old 18th March 2014, 11:49   #5721
BHPian

Can someone please tell me why there are so many cabs, autos, tempos etc are parked along the service road on ORR near Agara lake?
Old 18th March 2014, 12:29   #5722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Can someone please tell me why there are so many cabs, autos, tempos etc are parked along the service road on ORR near Agara lake?
RTO Junkyard. See my rant below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3369072

I guess you are referring to the stretch between Agara Flyover, till HSR Layout, Service Road.
Old 18th March 2014, 15:14   #5723
BHPian

Quote:
RTO Junkyard. See my rant below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3369072

I guess you are referring to the stretch between Agara Flyover, till HSR Layout, Service Road.
This will be worse in the days to come. They are building a new RTO office near the service road (behind Hotel Nandas). So we (folks using that stretch will have to have more patience) need to gear-up .
deadguy25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 15:36   #5724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
This will be worse in the days to come. They are building a new RTO office near the service road (behind Hotel Nandas). So we (folks using that stretch will have to have more patience) need to gear-up .
Ohh dear Lord !! This was supposed to be a Signal Free corridor.
A RTO at this point = Chaos, Utter Chaos.
Resulting in implementation of a signal to regulate maniacs.
Old 18th March 2014, 16:08   #5725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever
I think those vehicles are parked for new registration/re test etc.
Old 18th March 2014, 16:20   #5726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post

EVen in Old Airport Road, the left most lane in the stretch between HAL Helicopter Division to HAL signal is the same, where BWSSB had dug up and there are have "patched" up very heavily.

I take this road every day to work and agree with you. The road surface gives you the feeling of a rocking boat and with so much of traffic on this road, I wonder why the BBMP folks are not bothered to asphalt it up. It's like, the road is black, it doesn't matter if its smooth, as long as its black everywhere, there is no need of repair.

I sometimes wonder why wouldn't HAL adopt the road and repair it, after all their employees must also be going through the same issues. They have anyways failed to produce any world class machines on time, at least a proper road in front of their factories will get them good will from the tax payers.

Ps- no offence to anyone working in or associated with HAL, these are just my opinions (rants)
Old 18th March 2014, 17:17   #5727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post

Quote:
Thanks guys for sharing this piece of info, everyday I take this route and today I should be better prepared for chaos @ Kadubeesananhalli. How can authorities be such mindless creatures

Cheeers !!!
Old 18th March 2014, 17:40   #5728
Senior - BHPian

Saw this on BTP FB

ONE THOUSAND COSTS ONE CRORE!

On 14 March, 2014 at 16:15 Hours, Kunniah Rajashekara Reddy aged 32 years, working as a software engineer in Bosch Company, was about to cross the road near Garebavi playa after finishing the work. While crossing, Mr. Sulaiman Rider of Honda CBR bike, bearing No. KA51 EE 8562, who was riding rashly and negligently, hit him directly. The said person Mr.Reddy Sustained head injury and lost life on the way to hospital. A Case was registered in Madiwala traffic police station against Sulaiman and subsequently he was arrested and produced before the court and his vehicle was seized.

Rider Mr. Sulaiman aged 19 years is a student pursuing BE 2nd Semester in Automobile Engineering, at Oxford College. He is a resident of Naganathapura, near Electronic City, and is the only child of Inayutullah. He had not renewed /paid the insurance premium .So his father who is the owner of the vehicle was also made as an accused.

Now Both Sulaiman and his father have to face criminal charges and also have to pay a huge estimated compensation of Rs. 1 Crore to the deceased person’s family members (house wife and a 3 year old male child) on their own as their vehicle insurance has expired .Since the deceased person was a software engineer, the compensation amount claimed could be as high as a crore as per the legal experts.

See the fate, one person has lost his life , and the deceased family members have to suffer on one side while on the other , Mr. Inayutullah who is doing scrap business should prepare to pay the huge compensation even though he belongs to low income group.

“One thousand costs one crore.” This is a great lesson for the negligent drivers and for those who do not pay insurance premiums on time.

Please convey this message to all…..
Old 18th March 2014, 18:57   #5729
BHPian

^^ Sad to hear about the result of this unfortunate incident to both the parties.
But do the police really have proof to come to the conclusion that the rider was riding rashly? Whenever incidents like this happen, people on sport bikes will be blamed. I am not talking about this specific incident because I don't know about it, but in India most of the time it is the fault of the jaywalkers or the 'jay-crossers', but the people with the vehicles that look more powerful will be blamed.
Everyday I see people crossing the road carelessly, sunk deeply in a mobile phone conversation or music without even bothering to lift their heads and looking for the vehicles but they'll never be blamed for their fault.
Old 18th March 2014, 19:03   #5730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I take this road every day to work and agree with you. The road surface gives you the feeling of a rocking boat and with so much of traffic on this road
This road used to be spotless and brilliantly smooth, until one fine day, BBMP decided to dig up both sides for pipeline work and it has never been the same again. Rocking of a boat is also a very mild explanation for this

And please do not get me started about HAL. I am terrified of most of the employees. They ride their bikes as if there is no one else on the road, cross the road like they have to go to a loo that very second and look at others if they cross them as if they have committed blasphemy! 7am and 3pm are two time zones when I strictly avoid this road.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 18th March 2014 at 19:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks