Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2014, 14:57   #5776
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

I have mastered this stretch of the road. I know where the undulations are, and where there are huge potholes (there are two). For me atleast, it's the best stretch for overtaking. While all other vehicles are going slowly not knowing where to put their tyres next, I maintain a steady pace on the middle lane, and am done with this stretch in no time.
Old 26th March 2014, 15:30   #5777
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
More rants - Why isn't the damn stretch between the base of Sarjapur flyover till Agara flyover base, all along the Army camp, isn't yet asphalted ?
I guess Army guys didn't pay tax. So they are doomed.
Every single day, I get down from the Sarjapur flyover, take the service lane and reach Agara flyover.
One day, I decided to take the main road, and by the time I reached Agara flyover, I lost count of how many nuts and bolts fell off my car.
I agree with you here. I also keep wondering when that stretch will be fixed. On the way back home, I come from Sarjapur road / Carmelaram side and end up using that service road below the ORR flyover from Bellandur.

Everytime I reach that opening into the service road, there are vehicles waiting to cram into the service road I use, sometimes even seen buses trying to squeeze into this. I used to wonder why they did that when the ORR was broader (I used to never get onto that stretch). Later one day when coming back from Marathahalli, I stuck to the main road flyover and noticed how bad that stretch really is, in front of the army camp. It is perhaps the only stretch on ORR Whitefield approach with such bad quality.

Then again, from Koramangala side there is this stretch from Jakkasandra Barbeque nation till HSR Agara flyover along the Agara lake. It is in tatters and recently, they have cordoned off half of the already narrow road width near Jakkasandra; causes quite a bit of high blood pressure in the mornings with 3 lanes of vehicles squeezing into 1 lane.

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th March 2014 at 15:32.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 16:18   #5778
Team-BHP Support

The solution to all of Bangalore's traffic problems is to construct speedbreakers. No wonder they come up with some new ones everyday! They have surely gained immensely from all the foreign trips.

Now if only we returned the favor and put up a bunch of speedbreakers in front of the Vidhan Soudha, as part of a citizen's initiative.
benbsb29 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 17:31   #5779
BHPian

Speaking about potholes on ORR, a new nasty one has developed in the stretch between ISRO junction and Kalamadir while going towards Marathahalli from Doddanakundi side. Started observing it only recently.

Underneath the Marathahalli bridge too, there are several (old) ones.
Old 27th March 2014, 07:48   #5780
Senior - BHPian

Speed Hump Alert !!

A new speed hump has cropped up in front of Mantri Apartment, HSR Layout - On the lane between HSR -> Agara.

The half broken hump at Nando's junction has been revamped and now sports a shiny black good hump.
Old 27th March 2014, 16:07   #5781
Senior - BHPian

Interceptor Alert!!

Where: Under the railway bridge while travelling from Marathalli to Doddanekundi.

Normally, these guys are there for couple of hours in the morning, but I saw them around at 11am and also now at 3pm, guess the month end and year targets are to be met. For those who don't know, the speed limit for cars is 60kmph and bikes is 50kmph.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 17:24   #5782
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Interceptor Alert!!

Where: Under the railway bridge while travelling from Marathalli to Doddanekundi.

Normally, these guys are there for couple of hours in the morning, but I saw them around at 11am and also now at 3pm, guess the month end and year targets are to be met. For those who don't know, the speed limit for cars is 60kmph and bikes is 50kmph.
Saw them today at the same spot around 1PM. In fact they are either here or on the other side opp to Innovative multiplex.

Earlier they used to stand in front of Bagmane Tech Park but off late I do not see them.

Smart cops I must say - They know that the incline after Karthik Nagar all the way till Total Mall signal can make your cars reach 80 even before you know and cops are waiting for you exactly to catch you red handed!
Old 27th March 2014, 17:25   #5783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Interceptor Alert!!

Is it even possible to do those speeds there?
Old 27th March 2014, 17:36   #5784
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
Very much possible unless 3 trucks are moving on all the 3 lanes. Like I mentioned, cops are always smart to station their interceptors only in sections where they know its easy to cross 60kmph.

BETL, Hosur road (beneath BETL), Bellary road (near Baptist Hospital), New Airport Road (after Kogilu), ORR near Lumbini Gardens and etc.
Old 27th March 2014, 17:39   #5785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
Definitely!!! There's a vid on Youtube of a guy taking a D390 to triple digits speed there if you want credible evidence.
The stretch is a good place to catch speeding folks and the police is going all guns blazing for that.

Last edited by Roomy : 27th March 2014 at 17:42.
Old 28th March 2014, 08:06   #5786
Senior - BHPian

Today's comedy episodes:
Episode 1:
A Tata 407 entered the one-way exit from Kadubeesanahalli to ORR to go towards Marathahalli. In front of me were a school bus and a private Qualis. The Qualis guy got so irritated by the 407 on the wrong side that he got down from his car (leaving the door open), went all the way to 407's driver and shouted at him. That moron 407 driver reversed all the way to the signal, waiting for all the traffic on the correct side to clear. Even after that, he wanted to continue on the wrong side!

Episode 2:
Just after the signal, I was boxed by the same school bus in front of me and two private company buses on my left and behind. Since the bus on my left (in the middle lane) was moving faster than the school bus in front of me, I started to move to middle lane. Suddenly this bus on my left made a wild swerve to the right. Instinctively, I also swerved right. Then I noticed, a moron pushing his moped across the road. I am pretty sure he jumped the median along with his moped.
Old 30th March 2014, 10:43   #5787
BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1396156255.072849.jpg

Hope this action helps ease our daily commute in some way. In one way or another all this situations cause a lot of traffic woes.
Old 30th March 2014, 23:49   #5788
Senior - BHPian

Of all my days on Bangalore roads. Today was the single most scary.

I was at the exit of Wood Street at about 11:00PM, about to get to Richmond Road. Out or nowhere, a White Honda Accord(Old Gen), number KA-03-D-3378 speeding on Richmond Road suddenly darted into Wood Street(Which is a one way going towards Richmond Road). I was about 20 meters away from him when he entered the road to my shock. I somehow managed to get out of the way, if I didn't, I probably wouldn't be here posting this to my wall. He's absolutely, positively the most idiotic(I'm being very, very kind to him by calling him just idiotic) driver I have ever come across.

To each and everyone who reads this, if you find it worth your time, please do share this post on your Wall. I'm hoping somehow, somewhere, it reaches the ears of that absolutely stupid, insane, senseless driver.

If any of you know who the person is, please leave me a message with a link to the person's profile. I'd like to have a conversation with him.

Thank you very much.
Old 31st March 2014, 14:23   #5789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Of all my days on Bangalore roads. Today was the single most scary.
Today was the most blissful!! Less than 15 mins from marathahalli to btm, I hope every company has holidays on alternate days to remind us folks what nirvana truly is. All the roads seems to be retarred in a hurry owing to the elections, from what i saw and observed, it would be a nothing short of a miracle. Hallelujah.
Old 3rd April 2014, 08:03   #5790
Team-BHP Support

Expect tailbacks on the ORR - Bellandur to Whitefield direction.

Reason - Stupid Indicab rammed the overbridge outside Intel

Most Viewed