Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2014, 08:12   #5791
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Expect tailbacks on the ORR - Bellandur to Whitefield direction.

Reason - Stupid Indicab rammed the overbridge outside Intel
Saw that in the morning around 06:30 AM, but couldn't see the Indicab which had rammed the overbridge sidewall as there were lots of cabs and TTs.

What's with the Indicab and the Overbridge, I have seen Indicabs ram HSR, Agara and Belandur Overbridge now.

Also in the morning I was about to stop at the HSR singal after the silkboard, I was alone on the road but then when I was slowing down saw red all over my ORVM. It was an Volvo 500 D coming full speed behind and was not expecting me to stop at HSR signal.

Just moved to the left in time and the bus went passed me like a missle. phewww

Regards
Old 3rd April 2014, 08:25   #5792
Senior - BHPian

I drive from near Sarjapur town towards Outer Ring Road every morning. Since last two weeks or so, I keep noticing a well-built young man jogging on the stretch between Kodathi and Soolikunte, around 7 AM. This road is a 4-lane road and this gentleman jogs next to the median, into oncoming traffic in the right lane!

I don't know where else to rant about this, so posting it here.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 09:11   #5793
BHPian

At 8:35, it was first gear crawl from Sarjapur road jn up to Intel flyower because of the indicab accident.
Old 3rd April 2014, 09:14   #5794
BHPian

Quote:

Saw this too late to duck this Ajmat, it was b2b all the way to glory. The indicab was almost parallel to the median so was surprised at that being the reason of such a bad choke - initially thought it was a lorry turned turtle or something - I guess some of our motorists cannot contain their curiosity and just gaze at their object of 'disaster'
Old 3rd April 2014, 09:25   #5795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Of all my days on Bangalore roads. Today was the single most scary.

To each and everyone who reads this, if you find it worth your time, please do share this post on your Wall. I'm hoping somehow, somewhere, it reaches the ears of that absolutely stupid, insane, senseless driver.

If any of you know who the person is, please leave me a message with a link to the person's profile. I'd like to have a conversation with him.
Most of such guys would not bother - whatever we write or speak about such insanity. They would either shrug-it-off or start an argument. Yes, it should reach him\her. Where are the cops when we need them to spot such thing ??
Old 3rd April 2014, 09:29   #5796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Saw that today morning. Anyway, I could not avoid that. I have to take the road that goes under the flyover and take a U. The pile-up at 7:40 was not too huge though.
Old 3rd April 2014, 09:33   #5797
BHPian

- Mods please remove this post if needed.

All of us reach office and the first thing we do is log-on to Team-B??
deadguy25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 09:45   #5798
BHPian

The pileup due to the indicab is now stretching upto the petrol bunk in HSR.
If the public restrained from spending so much time admiring the hard work of the indicab, we'll all get to office faster!
Old 3rd April 2014, 09:56   #5799
BHPian

Not only gazing at the disaster.
We need better accident and traffic management. In my view, we should narrow down the road in a gradual taper, starting right at the end of the previous flyover. So that vehicles don't reach the accident vehicle, and then decide to put on their indicators and try to turn left to go past the accident vehicle.
Old 3rd April 2014, 12:58   #5800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Not only gazing at the disaster.
We need better accident and traffic management. In my view, we should narrow down the road in a gradual taper, starting right at the end of the previous flyover. So that vehicles don't reach the accident vehicle, and then decide to put on their indicators and try to turn left to go past the accident vehicle.
This is a very good suggestion. Does anybody care. My opinion if you are not helping the accident victim, please move on. Don't stop.
Old 3rd April 2014, 13:31   #5801
Team-BHP Support

After-effects of the cab crash still apparent at 12PM. Took me an hour to get from HSR to Doddanekundi. As if traffic wasn't bad enough, a BMTC tin-box decided to conk off on the flyover just before Ecospace, not to mention people intentionally (and rashly) cutting into blocked lanes, then trying to force their way back into the moving lanes.

And aren't there laws now against overhanging cargo? This one had concrete pillars hanging at least 10-15 feet outside the truck-bed, and not even secured properly. One over-eager XUV5OO driver nearly had his front bumper and hood rammed in.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20140403_120140.jpg
Old 3rd April 2014, 13:36   #5802
BHPian

^^ I see daily atleast a couple of this "overhanging" cargos. The worst ones are the threewheelers(ace, ape truck etc) carrying these and also occuping the right most lane. Today morning spotted a two wheeler carrying a bunch of PVC pipes, which were protruding enough atleast for 10 feet from his bike.
Old 3rd April 2014, 14:05   #5803
Team-BHP Support

Don't know the reason for the huge traffic jam today. I drive from Sarjapur road to E-city using the ORR to silk board and then BETL.

Today it took me 20 mins to reach silk board. Major jam before Agara flyover and on the flyover till Mantri apartments.

Then again on BETL huge pileup even before the mid point lay bye starting from Nandi toyota. The toll gate on phase 2 was lined up till the top.
Old 4th April 2014, 05:31   #5804
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
And aren't there laws now against overhanging cargo? This one had concrete pillars hanging at least 10-15 feet outside the truck-bed, and not even secured properly.
We have always have had various rules in place, but it was always the enforcement which has been, and will continue to be the issue.
Old 4th April 2014, 09:44   #5805
BHPian

I'm seeing a lot of cars with cycle racks/stands fitted to them recently. I was just wondering whether these racks are illegal? They are a protrution on the rear of the car, and in accidents, could be fatal for a two wheeler hitting the car.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1000x1000.jpg

Most Viewed