Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2014, 09:08   #5821
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

So NaMo is visiting Hosa Road Jn on Hosur Road today evening (5:30pm as per the flyers. road towards M&M service centre, left from the signal when using the service road towards Madiwala). There is a ground/ venue prepared opposite to the Concorde Aprt.

It is a nightmare on any given day to use this road during (ab)normal hours. Tonight will be insane for sure. I have ditched my car & opted for a two-wheeler, having no other choice to reach home. Don't have a bicycle, else would have chosen that. At least I could carry it, if not the other way round...

Also heard ruomours that RaGa will be landing shortly as well. I hope he chooses another spot...
Old 8th April 2014, 09:24   #5822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
So NaMo is visiting Hosa Road Jn on Hosur Road today evening (5:30pm as per the flyers. road towards M&M service centre, left from the signal when using the service road towards Madiwala).
Couple of Online News channels are saying, the rally will start at 7 PM. Anyways I am planning to leave Whitefield at 3 PM to reach gottigere on Bannerghatta Road, hope I can beat the traffic.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 12:13   #5823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Couple of Online News channels are saying, the rally will start at 7 PM. Anyways I am planning to leave Whitefield at 3 PM to reach gottigere on Bannerghatta Road, hope I can beat the traffic.

Regards
Flyers & posters mention the time as 5:30PM. Lucky you, our apartment is hardly 50m from the venue :(
Old 8th April 2014, 13:53   #5824
BHPian

For NaMos rally -

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...odi-rally.html

Guess, its going to be 'long' and tiring drive back from Whitefield to HSR today
Old 8th April 2014, 14:19   #5825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
For NaMos rally -

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...odi-rally.html

Guess, its going to be 'long' and tiring drive back from Whitefield to HSR today
Oh NO!!!! Could'nt they do this on a weekend? We have more than enough traffic snarls on these roads.
Old 9th April 2014, 10:29   #5826
BHPian

So how was the traffic on ORR near Sarjapura junction last evening ? Fearing snarls, I took the Indiranagar-Koramangala route to travel back from Manyata to HSR.
Old 9th April 2014, 13:07   #5827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsan View Post
So how was the traffic on ORR near Sarjapura junction last evening ? Fearing snarls, I took the Indiranagar-Koramangala route to travel back from Manyata to HSR.
I left Ecospace, Bellandhur at 4:45 PM fearing the worst, but it was a smooth ride all the way till HSR Extension. Took me around 20 minutes.
Old 9th April 2014, 13:25   #5828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsan View Post
I left at 5:45 from Whitefield. Followed the normal route along ORR. There was a pretty sizeable jam on the Bellandur flyover. I feared the worst, but couldn't find the reason for the jam. It cleared up immediately after the flyover, and was smooth sailing till HSR, where I turned off the ORR.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 17:37   #5829
BHPian

Look at the way the bus guy has stopped next to me. He was still inching ahead and I did not have space to move anywhere
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-wp_20140407_18_12_19_pro.jpg  

500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 19:50   #5830
BHPian

today was breakdown fever right from sarjapur flyover and along the road connecting to agara lake flyover circa 5 PM; two BMTC volvo buses, one on the flyover and the other just below it and another rickety rustbucket of a 401 truck. As usual, our ever curious motorists have to slow down and take a peek!
Old 9th April 2014, 20:05   #5831
Team-BHP Support

The Bus broken down below the flyover was a victim of a rear end shunt with security van
Old 10th April 2014, 00:22   #5832
BHPian

It rained in Bangalore for an hour today in the evening. The MSMs (Monsoon Special Morons) were all over the place today, back from hibernation!!!

I encountered a hell lot of them between UB Plaza (Nandhini Hotel) and Coffee Day Square today, and most of them were driving high end cars (upwards of 18 lacs).

And poor me, I was more worried about my Sunny!!
Safety is Param is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 08:16   #5833
Senior - BHPian

What's with the authorities removing the concrete support blocks from the light poles along the median of ORR?

And there is a private bus broken down opposite VIMS hospital.

And the road from Panattur to Kannalli is blocked. Yesterday there was Kannalli village festival, in which they used two juggernaut cars which are as wide as two trucks. One of them was parked on a narrow stretch today morning, and a trailer truck tried to go past it through non-existent space, resulting in a jam.

And so I had to take ORR from Sarjapur road junction till Doddanekkundi. Tell me, how do you guys drive on ORR? I get so confused. There are no lane marks anywhere. Tractors, bikes and buses are in all lanes. I realised that middle lane is safest, since left lane is for bus stops and parking, while right lane is for slow moving traffic. But many times I drifted left or right as I had no line to guide me.
Old 10th April 2014, 09:14   #5834
Senior - BHPian

There is a massive traffic jam on old airport road due to some procession near domlur bus stand.
Took me more than 20 minutes to cover 1.5Kms.
Old 10th April 2014, 10:14   #5835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
It rained in Bangalore for an hour today in the evening. The MSMs (Monsoon Special Morons) were all over the place today, back from hibernation!!!
Do you mean the people who drive in the rain with their hazard lights switched on? I saw a lot of them last night during the heavy rains. It is a confusing and unsafe practice

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks