Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2014, 16:42   #6091
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Thinking about it, yes, you are correct, it has been rampant for quite sometime.

Absolutely agree, people try to display their machoism\retardness by atrocious writings on their vehicles.

It is bad and really sad when we see educated idiots breaking rules; dont people realise "treat others the way you want to be treated".

Been in Bangalore for more than 30 years, it is not what it used to be :(.

Absolutely correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
This isn't an of late behaviour, I'm surprised you are observing this only recently. There is a tendency for every form of motorist to skip signals and defy even the oncoming traffic of the opposite side in a bid to save 2 precious minutes. Pedestrians are now fully qualified jaywalkers, with that scenario a careless motorist and a jaywalker at the same moment wont spell good news.

Its sad that the people are becoming increasingly hostile here. Just today there was an argument between 2 cars because one slowed down the other before the signal stopped them, it got to the extent of competing with each others decibel output and the usual fervent hand waving. It just seems incredibly silly and juvenile to me over an irrelevant incident. This alongwith numerous 2 wheelers with blank plates, cabs/cars with threatening messages written on the rear window makes me feel that people's misconception of driving being a pursuit of machoism is as retarded as their driving ability.
Old 11th June 2014, 19:47   #6092
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
Where do you start from? ORR or OMR?
Start from Suranjan Das Road and then on to OMR.
Do you take this route as well ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Last week eh ? I was held up in that jam coz I take the same route to get home at 4:30pm every day. Driving home via KR Puram/Tin Factory is an absolute NO these days because of the chaos. Even educated one's have zero traffic etiquette's.
Riju - do you take Devasandra route too ?
I'm a bit confused seeing your post since the RMC truck I mentioned was stranded on the Hoodi railway overbridge (on the Devasandra route) but you also mention you don't take KR Puram/Tin Factory route and the Devasandra route will end at KR Puram and one can't avoid Tin Factory then if heading towards Indiranagar!

Last edited by NPV : 11th June 2014 at 19:53.
Old 12th June 2014, 06:46   #6093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Start from Suranjan Das Road and then on to OMR.
Do you take this route as well ?

Riju - do you take Devasandra route too ?
I'm a bit confused seeing your post since the RMC truck I mentioned was stranded on the Hoodi railway overbridge (on the Devasandra route) but you also mention you don't take KR Puram/Tin Factory route and the Devasandra route will end at KR Puram and one can't avoid Tin Factory then if heading towards Indiranagar!
Yes I am talking of the same route you mentioned. Take a right at the hoodi signal drive via the railway over bridge then Devasandra/Aiyappa Nagar and join Old Madras Road. I meant to say I never take the road straight from ITPL towards Mahadevapura, rather go via the Hoodi railway bridge thereby completely avoiding KR Puram Railway Station.

And you are right, invariably we still end up Tin Factory through this alternate route too .
Old 12th June 2014, 08:42   #6094
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And you are right, invariably we still end up Tin Factory through this alternate route too .
Riju, I don't know how bad the Ramurthynagar road is but long back, I used to turn left at Ramurtynagar coming from Hebbal and join Old Madras road after KR Puram bridge at ITI. Is that even possible now?
Old 12th June 2014, 10:22   #6095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Riju, I don't know how bad the Ramurthynagar road is but long back, I used to turn left at Ramurtynagar coming from Hebbal and join Old Madras road after KR Puram bridge at ITI. Is that even possible now?
Viddy yupp , you can do the route mentioned.However driving back the same route to hebbal isn't possible. The cops have closed/barricaded the right turn on OMR to ITI colony.
Old 12th June 2014, 10:54   #6096
BHPian

Quote:
Viddy yupp , you can do the route mentioned.However driving back the same route to hebbal isn't possible. The cops have closed/barricaded the right turn on OMR to ITI colony.
Actually, while coming from Devasandra/KR Puram side if you continue on the left side service road beside the KR Puram bridge ('Hanging bridge'), you can go a little further and take a U turn under the bridge and come back to ITI gate. A very good thing the cops did was to block the right turn to ITI gate at the base of the bridge.

Last edited by sanjaykk : 12th June 2014 at 10:56.
sanjaykk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 11:44   #6097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have tried the right turn near garden city university, where you have Vinayak Skoda service, to reach Ramurthynagar road. I was on my bike and it was enough for me to not try that road again. This was as recent as last week. Traffic does flow but there are point where they don't as well. I much rather be stuck in the KR Puram market signal which will clear slowly. This road has unending speed humps and these ruts that keep cutting across the road as a result of cable laying work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
A very good thing the cops did was to block the right turn to ITI gate at the base of the bridge.
I am really glad they did this.
Old 12th June 2014, 11:49   #6098
Senior - BHPian

Anyone able to find out the reason for the HUGE traffic pile up on the Doddanekundi circle/signal from the last two weeks? That signal was a pain earlier too, but the last two weeks, the traffic has gone up multifold. It cannot be the schools, as there are not many school busses.

Ps - I stay right next to the signal, so my observations are mostly current. :P
Old 12th June 2014, 13:15   #6099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Anyone able to find out the reason for the HUGE traffic pile up on the Doddanekundi circle/signal from the last two weeks? That signal was a pain earlier too, but the last two weeks, the traffic has gone up multifold. It cannot be the schools, as there are not many school busses.

Ps - I stay right next to the signal, so my observations are mostly current. :P
Talk about it, my workplace is exactly here. It has become such a pain, have stopped using my car for commute and taking the bus now. Today the jam was till ISRO! From Jalsa to my office (barely 300m) is taking 30 mins now, even as late as 11:30.

Who was the brilliant guy who allowed Samsung to open that huge campus at Doddanekundi
Old 12th June 2014, 13:25   #6100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Who was the brilliant guy who allowed Samsung to open that huge campus at Doddanekundi
This is just the beginning my friend, Samsung 2 is already open inside the same campus, but not fully operational yet. They are also constructing one more building within the same campus and imagine what would happen when that opens.
Also, the vacant land next to EMC also has some construction activity. The last I heard, it was going to be a shopping complex cum IT work area. The list just goes on.

On a positive side though, there is a flyover sanctioned for that junction and the corporator of the area has confirmed the same, however don't know when they would start nor how long they would take to complete. So, I guess it's chaos unlimited till then.
Old 12th June 2014, 13:38   #6101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On similar lines we should question how mantri mall was allowed to be constructed on the sampige road. Vehicles coming from Majestic and seshadripuram converge at this point. Plus we have vehicles going to the mall. It is absolute chaos out there.

Next in the pipe line is the proposal to widen the begur road as DLF township is coming up there. Imagine the traffic chaos this will create once the township is complete.
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 13:56   #6102
Team-BHP Support

I commute to the Bagmane campus at Doddanekundi daily, and it's turning into a recurring nightmare. It can take as much as 45 mins to get from Jalsa to the campus sometimes. I usually go straight at the signal and take a U-turn under the Mahadevpura flyover to get back. The service road on the right from the signal is one-way on & off these days, and I'd rather walk than put my car through the moonscape of the approach road to the back-entrance.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 12th June 2014 at 13:57.
Old 12th June 2014, 14:26   #6103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post

On a positive side though, there is a flyover sanctioned for that junction and the corporator of the area has confirmed the same, however don't know when they would start nor how long they would take to complete. So, I guess it's chaos unlimited till then.
I am just wondering how a flyover would solve the issue? All these campuses - Bagmane, EMC2, Samsung, Ferns Icon & the Total Mall (& Akme Ballet entrance) all are exactly at the signal crossing. Majority of the traffic is in/out of these places. Its simply bad planning. Allowing so much concentration at one place. I dont see any solution to this sadly.
Old 12th June 2014, 14:27   #6104
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I am talking of the same route you mentioned. Take a right at the hoodi signal drive via the railway over bridge then Devasandra/Aiyappa Nagar and join Old Madras Road. I meant to say I never take the road straight from ITPL towards Mahadevapura, rather go via the Hoodi railway bridge thereby completely avoiding KR Puram Railway Station.

Yes, I take this route too after some experimentation with the KR Puram Railway station-Mahadevapaura route that's eternally clogged plus bad roads! (Detailed my experiences of whitefield commute in my earlier post).
Yesterday I tried the road next to IFB factory that ends up at Doddanekkundi, merge with ORR, U-turn, turn left and reach old Airport Road near Yemalur junction - everyone (especially Force Traveller cabs!) seems to be taking it, plus trucks and school buses. It was a friend's regular route so thought I'll try it and started at 4:50pm from Whitefield only to reach home at 6.30pm . Still think Devasandra is the best option. What I found is that it's best to start from Whitefield between 4 and 4.30pm. After that traffic starts crawling with multiple bottlenecks.

@Riju - Hope you know the small detour to avoid Hoodi junction!
We should catch up sometime soon!
Quote:
This road is still an option for those coming from the Hennur/Hebbal side on ORR not for me as I start near Suranjan Das Road/Big Bazaar. Some friends do take this route. Once you merge onto Old Madras road at ITI factory, one can go upto the temple/sginal and turn right to Devasandra.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Actually, while coming from Devasandra/KR Puram side if you continue on the left side service road beside the KR Puram bridge ('Hanging bridge'), you can go a little further and take a U turn under the bridge and come back to ITI gate. A very good thing the cops did was to block the right turn to ITI gate at the base of the bridge.
Yes, this is when returning and for once a good thing the cops did to block that junction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I have tried the right turn near garden city university, where you have Vinayak Skoda service, to reach Ramurthynagar road. I was on my bike and it was enough for me to not try that road again. This was as recent as last week. Traffic does flow but there are point where they don't as well. I much rather be stuck in the KR Puram market signal which will clear slowly. This road has unending speed humps and these ruts that keep cutting across the road as a result of cable laying work.
@Vid is not talking about this route. He meant the Ramamurthy nagar road entrance from outer ring road, going straight all the way past the police station, ITI colony and ending up at ITI factory on Old Madras Road.

Last edited by NPV : 12th June 2014 at 14:41.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 14:32   #6105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am just wondering how a flyover would solve the issue? All these campuses - Bagmane, EMC2, Samsung, Ferns Icon & the Total Mall (& Akme Ballet entrance) all are exactly at the signal crossing. Majority of the traffic is in/out of these places. Its simply bad planning. Allowing so much concentration at one place. I dont see any solution to this sadly.
Well, it may not ease it completely, but will ease it to some extent. At the least, the traffic moving straight at both ends will not have to jostle for space. Again, Most of these IT companies work the normal hours, 9-6 so I expect the traffic to be a little better than what it is currently. It's like, something is better than nothing, but again that something will take a minimum of 3 years to materialize.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks