Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2014, 08:18   #6151
Senior - BHPian

Huge Billboards - Upcoming menace between Dell and Vydehi junction (EPIP Area).
The cleaning of the plants on the median has been going on for almost 2 months now.
I was wondering that may be they are planning to cut down the median and widen the road. How grossly was I wrong.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1403146004696.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1403146022151.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1403146045250.jpg

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 19th June 2014 at 08:21.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 09:31   #6152
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
The cleaning of the plants on the median has been going on for almost 2 months now.
Even I was under the impression that at last better sense has prevailed in BBMP to widen the roads. Chopping off the plants to set up bill boards. I don't have words to explain this.
Old 19th June 2014, 09:34   #6153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Even I was under the impression that at last better sense has prevailed in BBMP to widen the roads. Chopping off the plants to set up bill boards. I don't have words to explain this.
I don't think these are for bill boards. Could well be for direction signs.
Old 19th June 2014, 09:39   #6154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Think of how things are when you drive along the Bangalore International Airport. Zillions of billboards selling apartments to luxury cars to softwares.
After spending 1.5 hrs from Kundanahalli to Graphite India signal, who will have the damn time to see the ads.
It will only serve as Streetlights on this stretch, which isn't there at all.
Oh, by the way, few pages back I had also ranted about how this stretch doesn't have a single light source (street light). Its ultimate pitch dark in the evening, with glaring high beams from oncoming vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
No Kartik. I am more than sure that these are for billboards. They are placed very close to each other and are numerous.
If it were for a signboard, it would have been a bit more placed close to the road, and would have been only 2 or 3, or max 5. Here I see atleast 15 - 20 of them placed.

Anyways, lets see wait and watch what turns up one fine morning.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 19th June 2014 at 09:44.
Old 19th June 2014, 09:41   #6155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was wondering that may be they are planning to cut down the median and widen the road. How grossly was I wrong.

Quote:
Obviously with those high voltage power line towers on the median, it's quite an impossible task to use the median to widen the road. With the magnitude of retards we have on our roads, it's only a matter of time before someone crashed into it and brings down the whole grid.
Old 19th June 2014, 09:47   #6156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I believe these are for the bill boards. Not sure if so many directions are required for our IT community, who are already disillusioned with so many directions.

I cannot simple digest the fact that so many acres of greener was cleared for bill board. There were fully grown trees and plant which was bulldozed overnight.

I think the stretch between Vydehi Hopital and Sai Baba Hospital is Next as this area has not been maintained for couple of months now.

Regards
Old 19th June 2014, 09:48   #6157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Obviously with those high voltage power line towers on the median, it's quite an impossible task to use the median to widen the road. With the magnitude of retards we have on our roads, it's only a matter of time before someone crashed into it and brings down the whole grid.
Absolutely agree with you. That would be more catastrophic than getting stuck in a regular jam.
But the authorities have to find some way to widen this road. Atleast they could eat up some feet from the left side footpath and a few feet from the median.

And while the whole of Bangalore is getting re-tarred roads due to the election season, the stretch between Kundanhalli to Varthur and Kundanahalli to Vydehi has been left as an orphan. I am sure the rest of Whitefield area is also orphaned by the officials.
Old 19th June 2014, 09:58   #6158
Senior - BHPian

I traveled by BMTC ordinary bus from KR Puram to Silkboard Jn yesterday. Left KR Puram at 6pm and reached Silk Board at 6.45 with all stops. Very decent timing compared to my earlier travel on this stretch.
Old 19th June 2014, 10:18   #6159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But the authorities have to find some way to widen this road. Atleast they could eat up some feet from the left side footpath and a few feet from the median.

And while the whole of Bangalore is getting re-tarred roads due to the election season, the stretch between Kundanhalli to Varthur and Kundanahalli to Vydehi has been left as an orphan. I am sure the rest of Whitefield area is also orphaned by the officials.
Due to the presence of high power grid towers, i don't think it is possible to widen the road.
With regards to retarring of the road, koramangala BDA complex main road is yet to see light at the end of the tunnel. On the kodichikkanahalli main road, few months back, the road was newly laid.
Some construction work going on at that time resulted in water stagnation on the road. What else would you expect after this. Road has gone to tatters.
Old 19th June 2014, 11:30   #6160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Elsewhere in Bangalore (on Old Airport Road between Zaitoon restaurant and the lane to Royal Orchid) the powers that be has graciously shifted the high voltage line underground so that the empty plot there could be developed. Who says we don't have a caring civic administration?
Old 19th June 2014, 11:49   #6161
Senior - BHPian

I hereby proudly proclaim that i managed to drive the fiesta sedan from Meppadi to Chembra view point road without a single instance of scraping the huge potholes.

All thanks to the driving experience through the interior roads of Bangalore city.
Old 19th June 2014, 12:17   #6162
BHPian

Saw an Indicab that had crashed onto one of the flyovers on ORR. I think it is the first flyover on the ORR from Iblur side. The cab was pulled to the left side corner, but parts of the bumper were left on the rightside corner of the flyover.
Old 19th June 2014, 12:45   #6163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Saw an Indicab that had crashed onto one of the flyovers on ORR. I think it is the first flyover on the ORR from Iblur side. The cab was pulled to the left side corner, but parts of the bumper were left on the rightside corner of the flyover.
That's at the foot of the infamous Intel Flyover.
Vehicles zooming down the Bellandur flyover and finding wide 6 lane road gun the pedal, only to realize later that there is another flyover starting 100 mts ahead.

The front of this silver coloured Indicab was badly smashed. No pics since I was also gunning the pedal early morning.
Old 19th June 2014, 12:48   #6164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
It is the second flyover when coming from Iblur side. The one opposite to intel office. I too saw the cab lying on the left side of the road. No idea when the accident happened.

If you recall, a similar incident had caused major traffic jam some weeks back, mainly due to curious rubber neckers. This time, I think police did a good job to move the cab to the extreme left side of the road.

It is another matter that in spite of repeated accidents, there is no reflector installed on the sidewall of the flyover.
Old 19th June 2014, 13:20   #6165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That's at the foot of the infamous Intel Flyover.
Vehicles zooming down the Bellandur flyover and finding wide 6 lane road gun the pedal, only to realize later that there is another flyover starting 100 mts ahead.

The front of this silver coloured Indicab was badly smashed. No pics since I was also gunning the pedal early morning.
That makes it accident no 4 this year alone. I missed it as I was working elsewhere

Most Viewed