Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2014, 15:29   #6286
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Anyone been to Sadashivanagar over the weekend? They have started digging around Bhashyam Circle, putting traffic into a chaotic state. People driving on the wrong side, signals switched off. It was utter madness!
I was coming from Malleswaram and didn't notice anything this morning. Where have they dug up exactly?
Old 15th July 2014, 17:15   #6287
BHPian

The entire stretch of TC Palya main road in Ramamurthy Nagar has become so pathetic and horrible, I can only see endless pot holes filled with rain and drainage water. On top of that BBMP digged the entire road for some drainage/water pipeline and not relayed.

Also in some places local people digged the road so deep for some reason, everyday I scrap my car bottom in some place or other .

Some time back this road was a good alternative to congested/narrow Ramamurthy Nagar main road, and now it has become nightmarish for any driver.
Old 15th July 2014, 18:14   #6288
Senior - BHPian

A small portion on a stretch inside Bangalore university campus is dug up, as soon as you enter from mysore road.

I do not understand why they spoil brilliant roads, patch them up and make them pathetic. And digging up during rainy season is even worse.
Old 15th July 2014, 19:03   #6289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
A small portion on a stretch inside Bangalore university campus is dug up, as soon as you enter from mysore road.

I do not understand why they spoil brilliant roads, patch them up and make them pathetic. And digging up during rainy season is even worse.
Anything nice will not be tolerated by BBMP. Basically there is no coordination between various departments. Hence this mess.
Old 15th July 2014, 21:10   #6290
BHPian

Rightly stated. Coordination is the only problem.
Old 16th July 2014, 00:19   #6291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
I was coming from Malleswaram and didn't notice anything this morning. Where have they dug up exactly?
Sunday Morning the entire section leading towards coffee day - Left if you are coming from Malleswaram (sanky tank) was totally blocked causing heavy traffic diversions and people driving on the wrong side!

I couldn't take pictures of the actual digging and road blocks
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-wp_20140713_003.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-wp_20140713_004.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-wp_20140713_005.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-wp_20140713_006.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-wp_20140713_007.jpg  

Last edited by Captain Slow : 16th July 2014 at 00:28.
Old 16th July 2014, 00:38   #6292
Senior - BHPian

Well, let me make a sweet and sarcastic rant on Bangalore's Traffic Condition via the Faking News article below.
The writer must be a long term victim of Bangalore's traffic !!

Read it at your own risk !!

http://www.fakingnews.firstpost.com/2014/07/bangalore-makes-all-roads-one-way-techie-spends-2-weeks-to-find-way-to-office/

Excerpt:
Quote:
Fed up of the very few wide roads, the Bangalore Traffic Department recently converted all roads into one lane roads. The reason for this move was a result of a detailed research which showed that people using wide roads were less prone to traffic jams and were only 2 hours late to office on an average.
Following the Bangalore development model, this crucial decision was not expected to impact many, as Bangalore hardly had any roads that could be narrowed, but a techie who left his home for office sometime in May managed to find the correct way to office only in mid-June.

Ohh, and another highly off-topic rant again, which I could not understand where to post, so included in here.

http://www.fakingnews.firstpost.com/2014/07/anil-kapoor-uses-bangalore-water-to-get-rid-of-his-body-hair/
Old 16th July 2014, 01:00   #6293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

Ohh, and another highly off-topic rant again, which I could not understand where to post, so included in here.

http://www.fakingnews.firstpost.com/2014/07/anil-kapoor-uses-bangalore-water-to-get-rid-of-his-body-hair/

Bangalore water is famous for causing hair loss for the younger generations. Must be all the radiation/minerals in the water.
Old 16th July 2014, 01:25   #6294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Bangalore water is famous for causing hair loss for the younger generations. Must be all the radiation/minerals in the water.
Ohh well, its very much true. I can narrate long stories of my receding hairline to my grandchildren!!
I once spoke to a barber of the neighbourhood saloon, asking for ideas to save hair.
He lifted off his fake hair and said, no way to avoid hair loss !! Got the shock of my life !!

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 16th July 2014 at 01:26.
Old 16th July 2014, 10:32   #6295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
People really do have an option in this case. Leave the city and move to a location where this would NOT happen. There is NO Indian law which states that people have to come down to Bangalore and suffer one-way roads and hair loss .

Last edited by sachinpk : 16th July 2014 at 10:52.
Old 16th July 2014, 10:59   #6296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
People really do have an option in this case. Leave the city and move to a location where this would NOT happen. There is NO Indian law which states that people have to come down to Bangalore and suffer one-way roads and hair loss .
Yes, good tip. We should NEVER complain about the place we live in.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 00:10   #6297
BHPian

Just a month back the BBMP (I guess) installed bright yellow reflectors all along the medians on 100 feet road in indranagar and also on the narrow divider atop the old airport road flyover spanning 100 feet road and domlur. I was happy to see my tax dollars (well rupees) put to good use here in a way which benefitted me - as I am a daily user of that road oftentimes late in the night and it helped to have the reflectors there.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1405535994.721777.jpgMy happiness was short lived as today I noticed most of the reflectors (especially along the flyover) knocked out of place. Looks like these have been kicked out by vandals who walk on the median to cross the flyover.

Posting a picture of what i saw today so that you can relate to what I am saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 17th July 2014, 11:00   #6298
BHPian

All throughout the Domlur stretch I have seen signboards of a 'signal free corridor' from Domlur to Mahadevpura.
Then consequently I met red signals near ISRO, HAL and Yemlur.

Irrespective, the traffic was chaotic today, till Manipal Hospital and everyone who had to turn right block all of the left lanes as well.
Old 17th July 2014, 11:24   #6299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
'signal free corridor'
In Bangalore, it has a different meaning, "Nobody is going to show any signs in this stretch, expect the worse"
Old 17th July 2014, 11:33   #6300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
All throughout the Domlur stretch I have seen signboards of a 'signal free corridor' from Domlur to Mahadevpura.
Then consequently I met red signals near ISRO, HAL and Yemlur.

Irrespective, the traffic was chaotic today, till Manipal Hospital and everyone who had to turn right block all of the left lanes as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
In Bangalore, it has a different meaning, "Nobody is going to show any signs in this stretch, expect the worse"
Talk about Signal Free corridor, who would forget the famed Highgrounds-Windor Manor-Cauvery Theatre-Mekhri Circle-Hebbal section which got tragic boxes to solve traffic woes and has made things worse at peak hours. Right from High-Grounds all the way till Sanjaynagar fork, the traffic is totally gridlocked between 6 and 8pm and is literally crawling on this signal free stretch.

The cops helplessly open the barricades and make cauvery theater a signalled junction to ease the mess.

Towards the city also, in mornings, the cops allow all buses to take the ground route as they cannot climb the BDA overpass with good momentum.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks