Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2014, 13:36   #6631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

There was some accident after the Hennur underpass today at around 11am. I think it was an I10 with a shattered windshield and some auto drivers ganging up, I could not stop as the traffic was building up. Anyone knows what happened?
Old 17th September 2014, 13:40   #6632
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Yesterday I left office really late hence believed that the traffic would ease up. So I left from Kundalahalli road at 10:15pm, took the ORR to reach Langford road.

I was right about traffic being less, but he way cabbies were driving gave me absolute nightmares. At every signal - they came from all the sides blocking ways for others. Add to it the BMTC buses - boy, they drive like they are drunk at night. In all a really horrifying experience.
What I do not understand why people just don't drive sanely? As the traffic is so less everyone reaches homes faster. But no, lets all try to be selfish and screw up.
I live in Banashankari 3rd Stage and office is located at Doddanekundi. On the days I drive, I usually leave after 10 PM to avoid traffic. I tried ORR a couple of times, but better sense prevailed and I now take the HAL - Residency Road - Lalbagh route instead. Takes me about 45 minutes at night, but I'm spared the nightmare of the speeding cabbies and the BTM layout horror. A fair exchange.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 13:53   #6633
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Sort of an F1 race - gear 3 in turn 2, x speed, outer lane etc. etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
As you go down the flyover, you'll find the "racing" line on extreme left. and do not deviate from racing line or you get into the dirty side of the track .. err, road.
You guys need to take a break from F1.

Talking like F1 pundits and driving all over the track like Maldonado!
Old 17th September 2014, 19:18   #6634
Senior - BHPian

Found this off Facebook. Couldn't just help from sharing !!

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_73316745226408.jpeg
Old 17th September 2014, 19:31   #6635
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Found this off Facebook. Couldn't just help from sharing !!

Attachment 1288876
Perishable dairy product expiry dates (in days) are probably more appropriate, or better yet, 'Best before next municipal digging drive tomorrow or day after'
Old 18th September 2014, 07:33   #6636
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Looks like another tough day for Bangaloreans and the city Traffic Police. Heard that there is a 5km long major traffic block between Hoody and ITPL (some where near Prestige Shantiniketan??)
Really, at what time and where did you hear about this ?

I did not hear about this from any of my team members, usually they have some experience every day to talk about.
Old 18th September 2014, 10:18   #6637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I did not hear about this from any of my team members, usually they have some experience every day to talk about.
Yesterday during morning hours. Between 08:45 to 09:15Hrs. Perhaps BTP also cleared the traffic blocks quickly.
Old 20th September 2014, 21:12   #6638
BHPian

A traffic bottleneck was created on ORR between RamMurthyNagar & Banaswadi (towards Tin Factory side) due an accident today afternoon. A 407 lost control, hit a lamp-post and climbed the divider. Anyone has got any details ?
Old 22nd September 2014, 06:21   #6639
Senior - BHPian

Doddanekkundi junction in front of Samsung may become a pain today. If you are driving towards KR puram, the middle lane at the junction is blocked by a Manza parked at right angles. Its blinkers are on, so I assume it is broken down with a clutch problem. If it were any other problem, it wouldn't have been difficult to push it to the side of the road.

If it is not towed away by 8 am, better avoid Doddanekkundi side of ORR.
Old 22nd September 2014, 11:05   #6640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Doddanekkundi junction in front of Samsung may become a pain today.
When I passed around 9:30 am, the junction was clear.

Also, I see nowadays the policemen manning that junction doing a very good job of keeping the left most lane clear when straight is green and right turn is red (for people coming from Marathahalli side). This is of relief to those going straight towards KR Puram who were earlier blocked by those who want to take right and waiting for the next cycle of right signal turning green.
Old 22nd September 2014, 17:15   #6641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
but better sense prevailed and I now take the HAL - Residency Road - Lalbagh route instead. Takes me about 45 minutes at night, but I'm spared the nightmare of the speeding cabbies and the BTM layout horror. A fair exchange.
Completely agree with this. One always 'hopes' ORR would be faster but it almost never turns out to be. Maybe in completely odd hours yes, but when there is competition around for space then not.

So took your advice for the remaining three days of the week and turned out way much more peaceful. The one thing about Old Airport Road is that you know what you are going to get. Never empty but pretty much always moving and slightly more common sense than ORR.

Timing of the three days hovered around 30-40 minutes of sedate driving from Graphite India signal to Langford Road.
Old 22nd September 2014, 18:07   #6642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsan View Post
When I passed around 9:30 am, the junction was clear.

Also, I see nowadays the policemen manning that junction doing a very good job of keeping the left most lane clear when straight is green and right turn is red (for people coming from Marathahalli side). This is of relief to those going straight towards KR Puram who were earlier blocked by those who want to take right and waiting for the next cycle of right signal turning green.
Completely agree with your observation of the traffic police there. Without them, it would be a mess with our educated folks occupying all the lanes to either go right or take a U turn there.
Old 22nd September 2014, 21:36   #6643
Senior - BHPian

Modi will be at HAL Airport tomorrow at 5:00PM. I suggest everyone take alternate routes in the evening.

Doesn't it seem oddly coincidental that only the roads that our PM might be using tomorrow appear to be tarred? Makes me sick to my stomach. I also saw the headlamps on Old Airport Road being fixed today. So for our roads to get better we need our PM to loiter around every single road. Sigh.

Also, the whole of Old Airport Road is an absolute disaster. The whole stretch is littered with posters for Modi's arrival. The whole stretch is such an eyesore.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-3.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2014, 21:46   #6644
Senior - BHPian

Every evening from 4.30 to around 5.30 during the rush hour traffic, the EPIP main road is choked by Dell transport buses parked right on the main road. I don't know why corporates like Dell behave so irresponsibly, when they have loads of space inside the campus to park these buses. I am sure traffic police would have been bribed for this. A little ahead, SAP security behaves as if they own the entire stretch. All these corporate houses talk big big things and cry about lack of facilities and infrastructure,but when it come to breaking rules they themselves are not behind anyone.

Last edited by poloman : 22nd September 2014 at 21:51.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 22:03   #6645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Every evening from 4.30 to around 5.30 during the rush hour traffic, the EPIP main road is choked by Dell transport buses parked right on the main road. I don't know why corporates like Dell behave so irresponsibly, when they have loads of space inside the campus to park these buses. I am sure traffic police would have been bribed for this. A little ahead, SAP security behaves as if they own the entire stretch. All these corporate houses talk big big things and cry about lack of facilities and infrastructure,but when it come to breaking rules they themselves are not behind anyone.
Today was the first day I took that route on my way back from Tesco. And boy, oh boy!

It took me atleast 20 minutes to reach Graphite India signal I think! All I could see were loads of Dell buses and one unfortunate BMTC Volvo bus that was broken down.

Most Viewed